Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

George Blankenship Retires from Tesla Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps he will still post here in TMC. He did login as recently as this morning.

Hoping for that.

GeorgeB, thank you for your excellent work at Tesla and for being one of the most approachable executives ever! Your patience and openness during the Model S ramp up period about a year ago are much appreciated. Many of us will always think of you whenever we enter a Tesla showroom. Hope you've recovered from the "topless" episode during Teslive ;)

Are people no longer allowed to retire? He's 60 and it looks like he wants to spend time with his family.
He probably has wanted to retire for a while (as in when he left Apple). I myself plan on retiring early, why not, if you have the means to do so?

George was always a high spirited and enthusiastic vocal of Tesla. That will surely be missed. However, he was in charge of rolling out the stores and has put the train on the track in that regard. He has done his job well and deserves a nice retirement. I do hope that his role is not completely gone and he will remain to keep active roll in the Tesla community. I would love for him to respond on this site. So George, anything you would like to share?

That is a real shame. I think GeorgeB was of huge value to Tesla and instrumental in developing Tesla's culture through his retail store strategy. All my interactions with tesla people have been positive, and that's directly attributable to George's hiring practices and his insistence on focusing on making the customer happy.

IMG_0001_2.jpg

bummed.

Sad to see him leave, he did a great job With the Whole sales experience. Was great to meet him in Oslo! Would love to hear from you on the forum George, now that you can speak more freely :)

I know you are watching ;)

GeorgeB.PNG

People who quit before finishing their mission.. hmm not sure I approve of that.

I wish he had stayed for two more years until the European and Chinese market ramped up and we get to see a prototype of Gen 3.

I think he accomplished his mission and should be confident that 'we' will continue to follow his 'plan'. The store front and sales methodologies are all in place and now it is just up to us as sales techs to spread the free advertizement and Tesla being able to produce enough cars for the world.

will miss the enthusiasm and excitement you exude!~
Enjoy retirement & have a blast!