Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Toronto, Ontario, 8/3 - 8/5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are only hours away from the start of test driving the Model S in Toronto!
Perhaps we will hear about Canadian pricing and when we can expect deliveries of Sigs and regular production vehicles to reach the land to the North.
I will be there Friday before and after my 2:00-3:00pm test drive. My Roadster has been shined-up for the journey to the demo site. Looking forward to meeting the next generation of Tesla evangelists.

Do you have room for a backseat passenger?

My drive isn't until tomorrow but I'd like to tag along for a ride this afternoon if possible.

We are only hours away from the start of test driving the Model S in Toronto!
Perhaps we will hear about Canadian pricing and when we can expect deliveries of Sigs and regular production vehicles to reach the land to the North.
I will be there Friday before and after my 2:00-3:00pm test drive. My Roadster has been shined-up for the journey to the demo site. Looking forward to meeting the next generation of Tesla evangelists.

Wish I was in Toronto this weekend! Attendees, please post your experiences ASAP, and don't forget to put the pressure on Tesla to release CAD pricing ("Oh, by the way, CAD is trading at par these days, [nudge, nudge]") :biggrin:

Now, as for me, "Go Bombers!" (Hopefully we'll do the Argos a favor by taking down Montreal)

I did my test drive about 12:30pm this afternoon. Congratulations to Tesla for an exceptionally well organized (and fun!) event. Great to see Hans, Eli, Mark and Lisa there, plus the team from California and Chicago.

Compared to the Roadster the car is smooth, solid and quiet. I drove the Standard version, and acceleration felt like the Roadster in Range mode, but more than acceptable for a sedan. The regen isn't as strong as the Roadster and I found myself using the brake pedal more often, but it also seemed to be a smoother regen than I'm used to. In general I loved the car, and I thought the overall ride quality was better than my old BMW M6. Can't wait for the next gen Roadster.

Here are a few shots from the day.

IMG_3409.JPG
IMG_3410.JPG
IMG_3411.JPG

I did my test drive about 12:30pm this afternoon. Congratulations to Tesla for an exceptionally well organized (and fun!) event.

I agree that the Toronto event is looking like a big success. There were a lot of people driving today because they were heading away for the long weekend. Attendees on Saturday and Sunday should have a quieter time and the industrial area that makes up part of the route will be a lot less crowded.

They had to charge the black performance Model S just as I got to the front of the line so I drove the silver regular vehicle instead. The car handles very well and was not much different than my Lexus LS460L. The regen braking is not as aggressive as my Roadster (the Radiant Red one in the picture above from djp) and it was very different to have no creep when stopped at a traffic light.

It is disappointing that Canadian pricing has not yet been released but the fact that there are still some Canadian Signature cars available to purchase will have some of the test drivers thinking about the possibilities.

Basically, it is just fun to drive an all-electric sedan. The Roadster is a high-speed go-cart that is an amazing vehicle but it will be refreshing to climb into a luxury sedan and enjoy that extra comfort with all the benefits of electric driving.

For you VIN watchers, I believe the cars were numbers 102, 104, and 112 at the event. Good luck Tesla with the rest of the weekend!

my test drive...

Got to drive the black performance S today @ 10am. The roads were pretty empty which was great.

My mini S review: The model S is easily the most responsive and refined car I have ever driven. And I thought the bar was set pretty high with my BMW 335d. It's very easy to take off smoothly, manoeuvre around at slow speeds etc. The acceleration is awesome, punch it at 60km/h and it takes off like a jet. The steering weight was perfect, very similar to my bmw. Brake pedal feel felt is a little soft, but the car had plenty of stopping power. The handling was great, felt very flat in the corners, although I didn't push it too hard since it was my first time driving the car and all. Definitely felt the TC kick in a few times. The TC is great, far better than my BMW which feels like someone is pulling back on the reigns while the Tesla just briefly interrupts power delivery and then blasts off again.

It's going to be a long few months until they start deliveries in Canada... :)

Got to drive the black performance S today @ 10am. The roads were pretty empty which was great.

My mini S review: The model S is easily the most responsive and refined car I have ever driven. And I thought the bar was set pretty high with my BMW 335d. It's very easy to take off smoothly, manoeuvre around at slow speeds etc. The acceleration is awesome, punch it at 60km/h and it takes off like a jet. The steering weight was perfect, very similar to my bmw. Brake pedal feel felt is a little soft, but the car had plenty of stopping power. The handling was great, felt very flat in the corners, although I didn't push it too hard since it was my first time driving the car and all. Definitely felt the TC kick in a few times. The TC is great, far better than my BMW which feels like someone is pulling back on the reigns while the Tesla just briefly interrupts power delivery and then blasts off again.

It's going to be a long few months until they start deliveries in Canada... :)

Thanks for that!

I guess you did not get a scoop on pricing yet...