Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get your car wrapped people.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People in the Bay Area make lots of money and they just pay whatever. They are basically allowing the companies to charge this amount. If no one pays for the overpriced charges, then they will lower the prices, however LOTs of owners pay what's being offered. Can't blame the installers. They are making great money for labor right now.

I think a 24/7 360 dash cam might help as well... That's justifiable homicide. Just let me on that jury.

All you need is a jury of men, or at least a majority.

"Your honor, he keyed my car, so I got my chainsaw and cut him in half, head to toe while screaming KEY THIS!!!!".

Jury - "Not guilty, he got what he deserved".

I actually worry about someone keying my car for the first time ever. If it has to happen, I hope I am there to slam his head off the pavement.

Last edited:
While I understand having a dashcam, you will get a pic of the person and submit it to the police department. The PD will take your report and nothing will happen. Unless that particular person is known to the PD there isn't a lot they can do.

True. However if you post the video online and in as many forums as you can, you'd be surprised how the internet can work...

Reactions: Pkmmte
People in the Bay Area make lots of money and they just pay whatever. They are basically allowing the companies to charge this amount. If no one pays for the overpriced charges, then they will lower the prices, however LOTs of owners pay what's being offered. Can't blame the installers. They are making great money for labor right now.
So true. As much as I would love some paint protection, I'm not willing to spend $2k for a partial wrap.

As another user mentioned, if the person is trying to damage your car, they will find a way. Its cheaper to get a 24/7 dash cam running and then submit an insurance claim. Even if you have to pay the deductible, its still cheaper than a wrap. Your rates wont go up, especially if you have video footage.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Pkmmte and DR61
True. However if you post the video online and in as many forums as you can, you'd be surprised how the internet can work...
In my area we had a person trying to break into homes, he was caught on several videos. The PD put it out on Facebook and Nextdoor and never found him.

Another time we had people stealing mail and the large community mailboxes. My cameras caught the person car, a C Class Mercedes. The video didn't help with the prosecution, but it helped narrow it down to a specific couple.

That being said I am super paranoid about parking my 3 out in public for the OPs exact reason or getting dings. If I had to go to the airport a lot I would just take an Uber instead of parking my car there. Some people just suck.

I'm a righty, and I'm not likely to get the full wrap done. The best place in LV wants $7k for it. I'll settle for partial (if I ever get my car, approaching 9 weeks on repetitive fit and finish fixes) to protect it from insect swarms and highway rocks.

Eh, I will save the cash instead of wrapping and use old fashioned preventative measures to reduce chances of being keyed, such as not driving like an ass and using only one parking space. And if I do get keyed, I will just try to tell myself, it's just a car.
2cvjwc.jpg

As another user mentioned, if the person is trying to damage your car, they will find a way. Its cheaper to get a 24/7 dash cam running and then submit an insurance claim. Even if you have to pay the deductible, its still cheaper than a wrap. Your rates wont go up, especially if you have video footage.

Consider a dashcam for accidents not for vandalism. Been there and it goes no where probably 99.9% of the time. Better uses for dashcams. Do believe in something like Xpel Ultimate, to minimize possible scratching of the paint. A wooden post scratched into our film but saved the paint below from needing any corrective work.

So apparently my post was edited by the mods for offending red necks. The guy, girl, or non gender specific person could have had any color neck, and because God made him, (or them) they are beautiful.

Unless you are an atheist, in which case none of this really matters anyway.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA