Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glasgow collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a collection from Glasgow later this month (was originally booked at Edinburgh, but changed randomly when I got my collection appointment 🤷‍♂️).

Has anyone got any recent experience there? Is it a proper service centre setup yet? or is it still essentially a couple of portacabins & a bunch of cars?

Got a 1.5hr drive to get there , so knowing what facilities are available will be helpful :)

They were still working on the Site 2 weeks ago and told me June opening so maybe that's correct. The Plans did include 8 Superchargers but in a Phase 2 so I would manage your expectations re Supercharger availability. If you have a longish drive after collection then maybe ask them to ensure a good level of Charge on collection. The nearest Superchargers are at the Dakota Hotel on the M8 out past the Showcase Cinema, I've never seen them busy so they are a good Plan B and Supercharging on delivery day is also normally free so fill your boots.

My collection experience from Saturday - car has no issues so far and looks great! It was charged to 69% but I'm not sure if that's standard.

5 people collecting at the same time as me.

The site is still a portakabin in an overflow car park. The advisor wasn't sure when the service centre would open - they'd been told the 21st June but he wasn't putting much stock in that due to incomplete work on things like the toilets. Sounds like it could be a few more weeks.

A few photos below.

Attachments

• IMG_7668.jpeg
    IMG_7668.jpeg
    523.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7669.jpeg
    IMG_7669.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7670.jpeg
    IMG_7670.jpeg
    604.1 KB · Views: 101
Having just placed my order at the Edinburgh SC when I filled in the collection details later the only choice I got was Glasgow or Newcastle - no collections from Edinburgh then?
Yeah I was the same, had my test drive in Edinburgh but my collection last week was from Glasgow. Apparently there isn’t enough room at Edinburgh for collections…

it’s a nice showroom in Glasgow which has all been done up recently, no chargers yet mind.

Thanks, that makes sense - the Edinburgh SC is pretty small in terms of space for lots of new cars.

In 2019 it was quite spectacular with transporters of new cars being stacked everywhere. Edinburgh/Newbridge was supplying all of Scotland, parts of the north of England and all of Northern Ireland! I don't think think the change is entirely down to the loss of the 8 Supercharger spaces that came on stream last December but Tesla clearly had a plan for changing the emphasis of the location at Newbridge.

Reactions: Sinx
In 2019 it was quite spectacular with transporters of new cars being stacked everywhere. Edinburgh/Newbridge was supplying all of Scotland, parts of the north of England and all of Northern Ireland! I don't think think the change is entirely down to the loss of the 8 Supercharger spaces that came on stream last December but Tesla clearly had a plan for changing the emphasis of the location at Newbridge.
I’m coming from Fife and its easier for me to use public transport to Glasgow (2 x trains and a 20 minute walk) than Edinburgh so I’m not too fussed it’s farther away.

I’m coming from Fife and its easier for me to use public transport to Glasgow (2 x trains and a 20 minute walk) than Edinburgh so I’m not too fussed it’s farther away.
I'm the same, coming from Fife. I plan to get the bus from Halbeath P&R direct to Buchanan street bus station (~1hr 25mins) and according to google maps its a 13 minute walk.

Reactions: sparkymark75