Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autoglym - Car Glass Polish

3BCB4345-3572-4572-8E24-CD6F79D4B51A.png

..whatever the wife has in the kitchen for cleaning windows..

Traditionally the best way to clean windows was meths and newspaper but the car stinks for a while. Even smellier if you use malt vinegar but also gets glass squeaky....

I do keep a pack of glass wet wipes in the boot but rarely use them - mostly cos I'm too cheap to waste them - but handy for 'emergencies' or when bored at a supercharger. Also keep paper towel and a spray bottle of stuff for cleaning off the lights and outside glass.

Don't forget to clean the inside of the windshield.

I noticed that on my Model 3 when I had a little bit of condensation on the inside of the windshield,
and before starting the defroster, there was four small greasy squares that must have correspond
to the robot suction cups used to hold the windshields during the installation.

One day I decided to clean my windshield on the inside, I think I used some "409" house cleaner, and later on
I really noticed a clear difference when driving, especially when I was between Scylla and Charybdis around sunset.

• Informative
Reactions: Godsense
A tiny amount of plain water and a rub with a fresh microfibre cloth works fine (after the car has been washed). I'm not tall enough to worry about looking down on the roof at much of an angle ... so it's just the windows!

We still got marks on our windscreen from delivery. I've tried all sorts of solutions, many listed above, and it still remains stubborn. I've also got some wax streaks on my other car, and the only thing that I had in my cupboard was a clay mit which, with a lot of elbow grease started to work. I've also been recommended tar remover (for the wax) which I now have, but not tried more than a brief test. No evidence of it working on the 3 screen. I really don't know what that is, possibly something the detailers put on but got smeared with the wipers. These are marks that only appear in certain light and weather conditions, eg, when you need to see clearly the most. Some good news though, we are due a new windscreen (and have been for 6 months) so that should fix...

We still got marks on our windscreen from delivery. I've tried all sorts of solutions, many listed above, and it still remains stubborn. I've also got some wax streaks on my other car, and the only thing that I had in my cupboard was a clay mit which, with a lot of elbow grease started to work. I've also been recommended tar remover (for the wax) which I now have, but not tried more than a brief test. No evidence of it working on the 3 screen. I really don't know what that is, possibly something the detailers put on but got smeared with the wipers. These are marks that only appear in certain light and weather conditions, eg, when you need to see clearly the most. Some good news though, we are due a new windscreen (and have been for 6 months) so that should fix...

Use Autoglym intensive tar remover, perhaps Autoglym's finest product.