Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Global Deliveries 2020

How many vehicles will Tesla deliver in 2020?

• Less than 450k

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 450k to less than 500k

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 500k to less than 550k

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • 550k to less than 600k

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • 600k to less than 650k

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • 650k or more

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the major wild card is GF3. My quick estimate was ~560k, but it assumed most growth came from GF3. If Tesla significantly expands production capacity in the US (e.g., Model Y production doesn't cannibalize Model 3) I would expect it to be quite a bit higher, but I'm not sure how reasonable that would be.

Reactions: jhm
BTW, I set the poll up to accept upto 3 choices. That's so we can get a feel for the outer limits of what we think is probable.

I'd be curious about what sort of pathway people see to their upper limits or what motivates their lower limits.

Thanks all for sharing.

BTW, I set the poll up to accept upto 3 choices. That's so we can get a feel for the outer limits of what we think is probable.

I'd be curious about what sort of pathway people see to their upper limits or what motivates their lower limits.

Thanks all for sharing.
When I was looking at Tesla delivery numbers earlier its pretty close to 50% increase each year, but there was a bigger jump once (I forget which year, too lazy to look). So, just from that, I'd go for a 50% increase yet again -- which is what, 550k? Which is why I'd go for 550k ±40k or whatever as a margin. However, the one notable exception was a bigger jump and we have justification (GF3). Given your alignment of ranges I'd go for the next one up as the hedge.

And, there, I changed my vote to add that.

Guidance 575 - 625k
Numbers 650 - 700k

(Under-promise, Over-deliver)

S+X ~70k
M3 Fremont ~345k
MY Fremont ~70k
M3 Giga 3 ~180k
MY Giga 3 ~25k
Total ~690k

Probably some hiccups, but they'll still do 650k+ I reckon.

Cell supply shortages would ruin these numbers.