Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glossy seat backs + kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, someone beat me to it. They are Clek seats and when the kids are older and no longer need the seat backs (and just the booster part), the back comes off. They are well made. On another note, I did end up getting my seat backs covered in Xpel and the car looks much nicer without the Brica seatback covers. He also did place a piece of Xpel on the center armrest console wood inlay (front cup holder thingy) as that area is also scratch-prone. Will post pics if anyone is interested.

Yes, someone beat me to it. They are Clek seats and when the kids are older and no longer need the seat backs (and just the booster part), the back comes off. They are well made. On another note, I did end up getting my seat backs covered in Xpel and the car looks much nicer without the Brica seatback covers. He also did place a piece of Xpel on the center armrest console wood inlay (front cup holder thingy) as that area is also scratch-prone. Will post pics if anyone is interested.

Pics would be great! Thanks. We're taking delivery soon and with two young kids I'm really considering getting Xpel on the seat backs.

In progress...

Will post pics when done.

04efb9dbe002481ce1d055deb87aee11.jpg

Does anyone know how well the glossy seat backs hold up to scratches? I know at the reveal event in September they were covered in fingerprints, but I'm afraid of my kid's shoes scratching them up. Do any current owners have experience they'd like to share?

I've heard of a few people wanting to get the seat backs wrapped in Xpel (or similar product). Is that worth it and how much do you think that would cost typically?
Retail price of the Xpel kits for the four seat backs is over $500. So it depends on where you buy them and where you have them installed. Since I am having a lot of work done at the same time my installer is charging me his price.

Well I just scheduled the Xpel seat backs with a local dealer. They've done one X already with the seat backs. I'll let you all know how it turns out--picking up X next week (hopefully) and on the schedule for the following week for the Xpel.