Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM Chevy Volt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That little song at the end reminded me of this nonsense:

I hope Fox doesn't get a hold of this and broadcast it. It's about the most truly anti-EV thing I've ever seen.

I wish I had those 2 minutes and 45 seconds of my life back, even if SNL couldn't have made a better parody. Like Borat, some jokes just aren't worth the time/trouble.... (I'm ducking for cover, now)

Chevy Volt Teardown - see inside

Design News - News - Chevy Volt Revealed: Teardown Videos

We drove a Chevy Volt across the country, and then we took it apart.

Over a recent three-day period, EE Times, working with the benchmarking consultants Munro & Associates, tore down the car. Brian Fuller, editorial director of the EELife Community for EETimes, had been driving the Volt across the country and blogging about it on Drive for Innovation, a partnership between Design News parent company UBM and Avnet Express.

The objective of the teardown was to learn more about the engineering that went into the Volt's design internals. The three days it took to take the Volt apart produced 11 videos. We're going to present them in three separate articles. Below are the three videos of the teardown team in action during Day 1.

Our first video is a five-minute elapsed-time look at the deconstruction of the Volt.

I liked this, but judging from past posts, I am the black sheep here on TMC :tongue:

Well, you did plank yourself on top of your Roadster on TV:

Screen shot 2012-03-16 at 12.45.43 PM.png

Nissan surveys show that saving money is the main reason people are buying the Leaf.

This Volt add says it in a funny way.

So great to see the occasional good to great EV commercial instead of a crapload of bad ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting blog at "coal powered car - Academic VC". Thanks David. Author's bio is interesting as well. I like his thoughts on SV:

Atlantans, repeat after me:
We’re not Silicon Valley.
We don’t want to be Silicon Valley.
We don’t need to be Silicon Valley.

He is not anti-SV at all, but everyone should be proud to be what they *are* and strive to be the best at that.

GSP