Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM Chevy Volt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next generation Volt should have more SS inspired styling, and less an American Prius.

These look vastly different to me.

2012-chevy-volt-front-three-quarter.jpg

2012-toyota-prius-plug-in-front-right-view.jpg

Inside the Chevy Volt battery lab Video and according to the video at 85k square feet the largest battery test lab in the automotive industry.
"The battery pack will use fewer batteries so that it can be smaller. It will be about 30 pounds lighter, too. The battery pack's weight will give the car a lower center of gravity for better handling and a more nimble and responsive driving feel. "

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/28/autos/volt-second-generation/?hpt=ob_articleallcontentsidebar&iid=obnetwork

Last edited:
Inside the Chevy Volt battery lab Video and according to the video at 85k square feet the largest battery test lab in the automotive industry.
"The battery pack will use fewer batteries so that it can be smaller. It will be about 30 pounds lighter, too. The battery pack's weight will give the car a lower center of gravity for better handling and a more nimble and responsive driving feel. "

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/28/autos/volt-second-generation/?hpt=ob_articleallcontentsidebar&iid=obnetwork

Yup. According to the SAE paper, the new version will use 192 cells instead of 288 (to be hooked in parallel pairs instead of triplets.) The new cells are somewhat more than 50% greater capacity, however, so the battery will contain more energy despite being smaller and lighter (isn't progress wonderful?)

GM is keeping exact numbers under their hat for now - my personal guess is that it is the same cells as the new Spark EV pack (though obviously in a different geometry) and 19.2 kWh.
Walter

Wha interests me is if they can hit the $30k price point before rebates or subsidies with the new Volt. The current 2015 list price is about $35k before tax incentives. So far, they only say construction costs will be lower.

Marketing or positioning within GM will be interesting to watch as well since GM will also launch a pure EV with 150-200 miles of range shortly after the Volt 2 is ready.

For example, it looks like only that EV (not the Volt) will be sold by most GM sister brands abroad (Opel and so on).

They might have active shutters on one part of it.
If that's the case then that could easily have been incorporated in a single grille design.

I’m leaning more towards that someone – for some reason – has decided to kill off the Chevy brand by design

The SS

chevy ss.png

The Cruze

chevy cruze .png

The Malibu

chevy malibu.png

Compare with the Impala that hasn’t yet received that kiss-of-death facelift.

Impala.png

Last edited: