Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8138.jpeg

That’s a very good point and I appreciate your having brought it up. YES: the SEC has not been doing its job and the Market Makers have, collectively, been taking advantage of a tilted table for which they themselves, to a very great extent, are the carpenters.
Those actions, I would say, are both despicable and deplorable. And, I will agree, more terrible to the functioning of the capital markets than that to which I was referring.

THE DIFFERENCE, I will posit, is in my choice of wording. For me, “irresponsible” refers to the unique actions of each of the bit players running after - and indeed, by their collective actions, so causing - the run-ups in GME et al. It’s not investing, it’s taking their presumed hard-earned money...or their children’s college funds, etc....and throwing good money after really bad money. THAT’s the irresponsibility. GameStop is not and - being not patronizing but calculating here - never will be. And that means the carousel will, eventually, stop. The punch bowl will, eventually, be taken away. GameStop is no Tesla, repressed for 4-5 years from achieving a fair market price.

And that is the reason I liken it to Tulip mania.

But I do, as I said, appreciate the response.

One more point, one I to which alluded only very obliquely in my SPCE post: I told Jenny this morning “<Insert Your Favorite Colorful Words Here>, I am going to completely foul up my tax planning for the year and it’s still January. SPCE is rocketing out of control and we’ve got to abort.”

Shoulda sold calls, I guess. Though even that would leave me tax exposed.
@AudubonB
Perhaps it’s time for both versions of Glass-Stegal and Dodd-Frank to come back.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I mean, I know we all hate shorts, but on the whole I'm not sure this is a good development. If a Reddit forum can throw a major axe into Wall Street, unpredictably and almost whenever and wherever they like, that's a big destabilizing influence. Just exactly what the market doesn't want. It's hard to get too worked about about some shorties with their pants on fire, but when Gamestop goes back from $450 to $40 it isn't the shorties who are going to be holding the bag.

I'm starting to feel like this was all fun and games... until suddenly it wasn't.

Did RH pulled gme and amc tickers? Wow
Confirmed. RH will allow me to close my $GME position but not purchase additional shares. $AMC says not supported on Robinhood (I have it on my watch list but I don’t have any shares).

Attachments

• 60BD83F5-732E-4B95-8951-A0642A210AB4.png
    60BD83F5-732E-4B95-8951-A0642A210AB4.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 4BC6A472-1BBC-4662-BAC4-D603E9A0B735.png
    4BC6A472-1BBC-4662-BAC4-D603E9A0B735.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 40
NYSE: GME GameStop Corp.
Jan. 28, 7:52 a.m. EST Pre-market
$470.00 +122.49 (35.25%)

Thank you @Artful Dodger for bickering about Naked shorts the whole of last year. You got so much flak for it. But here we are, finally getting justice. These market makers allowing naked shorts gotta be obliterated

Food for thought:
After all of this settles down, we may see the need for automated market makers like "Uniswap" doing their business with protocols. No Bastards on the other side of the trade ****ing us up

Also confirmed Robinhood has pulled trading for GME, BB, AMC, NOK, possibly others. For existing calls, it looks like you can only add you your position, BTC or exercise. Can search any new chains or buy new shares.

"This stock is not supported on Robinhood"

Talk about biting the hand that feeds them. Wow.

It seems that E-trade locked GME as well..... crazy I might have to sell all my AMC before open and try to close my options at open. If they cannot pump it I assume the stock is screwed.