Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good deal on a P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Sold my previous Model S before the prices skyrocketing and car loans being so expensive so I have no idea if this is a good deal or not? Been itching to get back into one again.

Can someone tell me if a 2016 P100D with 61K miles for about $58K is a good deal with FSD and Free Premium connectivity?

Again, not familiar with how FSD works but if the info screen says, "Full Self Driving Capability: Included package" is that the same FSD that is sold for $15K today?

Looking for thoughts and education. Thanks.

Solution
Ya the FSD capable thing is crazy confusing but it does sound like it has it if it says included package.
It should look like the attached picture to have it.
Ya the FSD capable thing is crazy confusing but it does sound like it has it if it says included package.
It should look like the attached picture to have it.

Attachments

• 677533348_20220621_154243~2.jpg
    677533348_20220621_154243~2.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0
Solution
The distinction is seeing the two fields:

Autopilot computer: This shows what hardware the car has and whether it is capable of running the FSD software. As PCMc says, all cars after 2016 or so have this.

<FSD/EAP/AP>: Below Autopilot Computer will show Full Self Driving if the car is running the FSD software and carries the feature. This may also read Enhanced Autopilot (or maybe just autopilot).

We'd need to know if the car says "Full Self Driving - Included Package" like Lukez's car shows to know if the car has the feature enabled.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, looks like this car's info screen looks exactly like @Lukez screen, so looks like the FSD is likely good to go. Some follow up questions:

1. Do you guys think this is a good deal?

2. Is there a screen in the car that can show the SC01 confirmation for Free Unlimited Supercharging?

3. @2101Guy thank you for the pointer. Since Tesla is not keen on sharing any info and dealers know even less... How do I verify the leak issue?

Thanks all!

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, looks like this car's info screen looks exactly like @Lukez screen, so looks like the FSD is likely good to go. Some follow up questions:

2. Is there a screen in the car that can show the SC01 confirmation for Free Unlimited Supercharging?

3. @2101Guy thank you for the pointer. Since Tesla is not keen on sharing any info and dealers know even less... How do I verify the leak issue?

Thanks all!
To determine if it's a good deal take a look at the for sale forum here on TMC for similar cars. Also do a search country wide on sites like cars.com for the same specs.
Only you can determine if its a good deal.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Upvote 0
Also note that listing prices don't always line up with sold prices which are not always available, but you can also look at sold cars on ebay. EV-CPO.com allows you to see previous sales of cars through Tesla if you pay for a subscription, though as I found it is not sortable by date. With prices kind of upside down, this is important.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Upvote 0
Got it... Thank you guys. Helpful responses. I was just hoping some of the experts knew yay or nay from their following of these cars.

The prices from Ebay and marketplace seem to be all over the place on these cars. The trump card of value on this one, *feels* like that included FSD and Premium Connectivity. However, without warranty since it's a 2016, I wonder how much I'd be paying in other ways... 😔

Upvote 0

Thanks all!
The youtube video I posted should answer number 3. An easy thing to check yourself. If you arent handy with a tool, any shop can check (if you give them that video) in less than 1 hour of shop labor.

Reactions: Fragger
Upvote 0

Thanks all!
It does not appear anyone has responded to your question #2. Is there a screen in the car that can show the SC01 confirmation for Free Unlimited Supercharging?

Short answer is No. Through combination of changes it is actually incredibly difficult to confirm that.

In theory, if this car is a private party sale, especially if from original owner, but key think being it's not gone back through Tesla's hands or those of a third party dealer, then yes it should transfer. If it's not from the original owner than it can be difficult as current owner may not know if it's gone through the hands of a dealer, etc.

IF you are dealing directly with the current owner, not a dealer, etc., then they can show you the full list of option codes by going into their ownership account, go to manage for the car, then right click on the image of the car and do a copy. If they then paste that into an email, text doc, word doc, etc., as plain text you, then you'll get an html string which will have all the option codes embedded in it. You can then search/parse it to see the SC0x entry to tell if it's SC01, SC04, etc.

Short of that I have no good solution for you to be absolutely rock solid certain of transferrability.

Good luck!

Reactions: Jpandes and Fragger
Upvote 0
It does not appear anyone has responded to your question #2. Is there a screen in the car that can show the SC01 confirmation for Free Unlimited Supercharging?

Short answer is No. Through combination of changes it is actually incredibly difficult to confirm that.

In theory, if this car is a private party sale, especially if from original owner, but key think being it's not gone back through Tesla's hands or those of a third party dealer, then yes it should transfer. If it's not from the original owner than it can be difficult as current owner may not know if it's gone through the hands of a dealer, etc.

IF you are dealing directly with the current owner, not a dealer, etc., then they can show you the full list of option codes by going into their ownership account, go to manage for the car, then right click on the image of the car and do a copy. If they then paste that into an email, text doc, word doc, etc., as plain text you, then you'll get an html string which will have all the option codes embedded in it. You can then search/parse it to see the SC0x entry to tell if it's SC01, SC04, etc.

Short of that I have no good solution for you to be absolutely rock solid certain of transferrability.

Good luck!
Very helpful, thank you. This dealer isn't even answering the email about full range at 100% lol... I doubt they'd delve that deep with the details 😊.

Question, wouldn't the dealer have this car in their Tesla app too to be able to pull this up?

Upvote 0
Very helpful, thank you. This dealer isn't even answering the email about full range at 100% lol... I doubt they'd delve that deep with the details 😊.

Question, wouldn't the dealer have this car in their Tesla app too to be able to pull this up?
I'm not sure that the car would necessary be associated with an account if it's currently with a dealer. All depends upon whether they've gone through the process and effort to get account ownership in Tesla's system transferred to them, versus it could be essentially "unassigned" at the moment (prior owner removed it, dealer hasn't added it).

Reactions: Fragger
Upvote 0
I'm not sure that the car would necessary be associated with an account if it's currently with a dealer. All depends upon whether they've gone through the process and effort to get account ownership in Tesla's system transferred to them, versus it could be essentially "unassigned" at the moment (prior owner removed it, dealer hasn't added it).

Do you know which scenario is more prone to retaining the FUSC?

Upvote 0
also, Carvana on brink of collapsing. They are starting to wholesale their inventory which is large. Will have further impact on used market overall.

Good way to track used market is to search Manheim auction site and read, read read. Over a period of several days or weeks if possible. Shows the overall used market trend in pricing. Which continues to fall..

Reactions: AMPd and Fragger
Upvote 0