Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got the dreaded "battery charge level is restricted" message yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 P85 with 55,000 miles.

The service center flatbeded the car after it dropped more than 30 miles in one night and refused to charge (just said charge completed when plugged in). Luckily, the service should only take 2 weeks and the service center said that we would be getting a new 90kWh battery as there were no more 85kWh. Pretty good ending I guess.

WOW... pretty sweet deal... was it anything you did that killed the battery? (Asking for a friend) ;)

Wow... P90 (not a P90D) might be the most unicorn or the unicorns.

I would be elated if this was me.

I am not sure where you are in FL but if you do get a P90 with Insane mode I'd like to get some performance numbers on your car. You can either meet up at Palm Beach International Raceway or we can do it on public roads. I have a Dragy device that'll measure all acceleration points including G force. It'd be interesting to see what it does compared the the P85. @fiksegts has all the performance numbers on his youtube channel.

Wow... P90 (not a P90D) might be the most unicorn or the unicorns.

I would be elated if this was me.

I am not sure where you are in FL but if you do get a P90 with Insane mode I'd like to get some performance numbers on your car. You can either meet up at Palm Beach International Raceway or we can do it on public roads. I have a Dragy device that'll measure all acceleration points including G force. It'd be interesting to see what it does compared the the P85. @fiksegts has all the performance numbers on his youtube channel.
Sure will!

Weren't there issues with the 90 battery? I read a lot of forums about faster degradation and supercharging issues. I have one of the last 85Ds before they phased out the battery and they were pushing me to spend the extra $3k to get the 90. After everything I read I was glad I did not. You might want to check if they resolved the issues.

Weren't there issues with the 90 battery? I read a lot of forums about faster degradation and supercharging issues. I have one of the last 85Ds before they phased out the battery and they were pushing me to spend the extra $3k to get the 90. After everything I read I was glad I did not. You might want to check if they resolved the issues.
Not after V3 of the 90 which should be all that’s left.

Got the same message today. Feb 2013 P85, with 53k miles on it.

Car had been sitting in my garage plugged in for the last 2 weeks while we were out of town. Called Tesla, and apparently the car started logging errors about the main HV battery the evening before we left. They're arranging to tow the car to the service center tomorrow (Sunday). That's a 180 mile tow!

Not sure what's going to happen, but wouldn't mind a bigger battery! I'll have to ask them about what's possible. A P100 would be nice, considering I live in a pretty remote area and do a lot of long distance driving!

Here is the $64k question i am unable to get a written answer??
Is the warranty reset on the battery pack? To 8 yrs.
I got so many tap dances from Tesla service. I might post them.
If anyone has a real answer? Pls post it. I got no, got ask your servide manager, one yr. It was actually sad the Service Hot line would not publish the official corp policy?
In my opinion, if they install a new battery pack, it should reset the warranty to 8 yrs.
Note, Progressive insurance adjuster said they would not pay for replacement if it didn't come with at least one yr warranty. Same if motor is replaced because of wreak.

• Disagree
Reactions: hacer
Here is the $64k question i am unable to get a written answer??
Is the warranty reset on the battery pack? To 8 yrs

Absolutely not. Tesla provides a battery warranty for the vehicle for 8 years. Has nothing to do with whether or not the battery has been replaced.

With one exception, which we’ll start to see in the coming year - that being the replacement of the battery in the 7th year of warranty. In most cases warranty replacement parts carry their own 12 month warranty. So in theory, a battery replaced at year 7 day 355 will carry a 12 month warranty.

No way it resets for a full 8 years. That’s a completely unreasonable expectation.