Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got VIN and Model Y delivery price increased by $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry got cut off there. I read the contract more clearly, it says:
1643240363368.png

so I emailed [email protected] to set up a AAA arbitration meeting if they don't credit me the $4000 or change it back to the original order (red/white, $1000 less). They key is I'm willing to go back to original order.

I googled it and a AAA arbitrator costs $750-$3000 and Tesla will pay for it so why not - nothing to lose but some time. It is supposed to be impartial judge so I'm pretty sure I will win out on this one given the circumstances eg I have an email that says no don't change contract and they did it anyway.

I encourage everyone else to do the same thing and invoke your rights.

If you make changes to your order, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date

I did not make changes to the order. The service guy made changes to the order and he did not confirm it. That is the key eg they screwed it up as my specific instructions were make sure it's $3000 less and they did not. They could have just said sorry can't do it and then original would have stayed the same but instead they did not.

$100 reservation fee and TESLA guarantees will set up and pay for a AAA arbitrator as in the agreement seems like it's going to cost them a lot of money.

Someone (in Canada) recently added FSD to their cars, and they had ordered the car before the prices changes. He explained to them that if adding FSD changes the base price of the car, then he did NOT want to add FSD. The SA still ended up changing the order and the base price increased by $4000 of the car. But he just called them, they apologized for the panic and removed FSD, and put the base price of the car back.
There is always bad and good side of customer service.
I asked them to revert to my original order on the same day they changed it. If they would have done it we would be done. Instead they denied it and I have a AAA arbitration case now.

I asked them to revert to my original order on the same day they changed it. If they would have done it we would be done. Instead they denied it and I have a AAA arbitration case now.
Could the Tesla rep been more communicative with you? absolutely.

But Tesla held their part of the agreement that you signed and agreed to, any changes to the order will reflect current pricing. It was not as if the rep told you that you should change color for free and then did a bait and switch.

It is unfortunate and I am sorry for your situation.

Could the Tesla rep been more communicative with you? absolutely.

But Tesla held their part of the agreement that you signed and agreed to, any changes to the order will reflect current pricing. It was not as if the rep told you that you should change color for free and then did a bait and switch.

It is unfortunate and I am sorry for your situation.
Asked for AAA arbitration so again see if they agree or not.

I feel the SA should have said, if you change colors you will not save $, because your base resets to the current price. The SA does represent the company, and they should know to communicate that basic bit of information to the customer. If the SA misunderstood a request from the customer that was in writing, I think Tesla should make an exception, at the minimum just go back to the original build colors and price and call it a day. Seems the easiest and fairest way to resolve. So much unnecessary heartache they are causing to not just their customer but their "fan base" really. Tesla can do better!

You literally wrote you called them to change the order. Your instructions of "save me $3,000" isn't gonna fly because those aren't instructions they can execute.
Nah we agreed on price and that was new agreement. If they can't execute then need to be up front.

I'm curious what they will do because it's just cheaper to pay me $4000 than go through Arbitration as will cost at least $500+1700+1500+$200= $3900 win or lose. Costs me nothing so why not try is what I'm going to advise anyone else in the same situation. Tesla has hundreds of billions so probably doesn't care but might as well jump on the bandwagon before they revise the agreement lol

Nah we agreed on price and that was new agreement. If they can't execute then need to be up front.

I'm curious what they will do because it's just cheaper to pay me $4000 than go through Arbitration as will cost at least $500+1700+1500+$200= $3900 win or lose. Costs me nothing so why not try is what I'm going to advise anyone else in the same situation. Tesla has hundreds of billions so probably doesn't care but might as well jump on the bandwagon before they revise the agreement lol
They probably have insurance for these matters, so doesn't cost them anything either.

I feel the SA should have said, if you change colors you will not save $, because your base resets to the current price. The SA does represent the company, and they should know to communicate that basic bit of information to the company. If SA misunderstood a request from the customer that was in writing, I think Tesla should make an exception, at the minimum just go back to the original build colors and price and call it a day. Seems the easiest and fairest way to resolve. So much unnecessary heartache they are causing to not just their customer but their "fan base" really. Tesla can do better!
Exactly going back to original contract when asked same day is just honest business esp when no signed new contract.

In legal circles, a contract has 2 items:
1) an agreement
2) consideration

$100 paid is consideration in the first contract.

What is the consideration for the second contract? There is none paid by Tesla and none by me so there is no exchange of valuable consideration. Hence first contract is still valid and second is no consideration exchanged.

I get it, many a times I've wanted to go to court to fight some unfair ticket(s), where I'm pretty sure I'm right...but my husband says well I see your point of view but is your time worth anything? (knowing very well my time is very valuable), I say...welllllll...can't put a price tag on it.....its for justiccccce (very dramatically in fact). He's like just pay the fine and I usually do. (One day I might contest one of those ill gotten tickets, my Elle Woods moment...for those who are fans! 🤣😊)

In some states, and contracts, if you lose you have to pay legal fees...
Tesla contract says they will pay everything. Outside arbitrator fees need to be paid by tesla. I did same thing in my contracts under advice from lawyers to prevent class action. If you require the customer to pay then a judge will throw it out and say it's not fair and it goes to trial. In this case they already volunteered to pay all AAA fees.

Again everyone has an opinion and fan boys want Tesla to win but obviously there was miscommunication between the SA and me and reasonable objection same day confirms I received email update that I did not agree to contract change.

Who knows but AAA is supposed to be impartial so probably someone out there that thinks like me and is not solely a Tesla fan boy. Maybe judge will be a BMW owner lol

I get it, many a times I've wanted to go to court to fight some unfair ticket(s), where I'm pretty sure I'm right...but my husband says well I see your point of view but is your time worth anything? (knowing very well my time is very valuable), I say...welllllll...can't put a price tag on it.....its for justiccccce (very dramatically in fact). He's like just pay the fine and I usually do. (One day I might contest one of those ill gotten tickets, my Elle Woods moment...for those who are fans! 🤣😊)
I am more of a Bruiser fan.

• Funny
Reactions: eeee-meeee