Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got VIN and Model Y delivery price increased by $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the remedy? Go back to the original order price?

There’s no possible way for your order to be cheaper because silver was only free after the price increases and any change at that point would have bumped the price to the current price at that point.
yes just go back to red/white and $1000 off my current white/black price OR give me $4000.

as others have said change it back when seems like misunderstanding on both parts costs nothing and they refused so seems unreasonable to some and maybe to a judge also but let arbitration decide and at least be heard by impartial 3rd party

Reactions: voxel
yes just go back to red/white and $1000 off my current white/black price OR give me $4000.

as others have said change it back when seems like misunderstanding on both parts costs nothing and they refused so seems unreasonable to some and maybe to a judge also but let arbitration decide and at least be heard by impartial 3rd party

Wait.. you haven't bought a car from Tesla, yet you want them to give you $4000?

I'm rooting for ya, but that seems a little outrageous.

Nah we agreed on price and that was new agreement. If they can't execute then need to be up front.

I'm curious what they will do because it's just cheaper to pay me $4000 than go through Arbitration as will cost at least $500+1700+1500+$200= $3900 win or lose. Costs me nothing so why not try is what I'm going to advise anyone else in the same situation. Tesla has hundreds of billions so probably doesn't care but might as well jump on the bandwagon before they revise the agreement lol
It isn’t pay you the $4k vs $3900 it costs them, it’s pay everyone the $4k with a similar beef, so it’s the $3900 once or many $4ks. In the past when a person has gone down the legal path and become a royal PAI to Tesla, Tesla has locked them out of ever purchasing a Tesla, now or in the future. I don’t know what level of PAI one needs to achieve to get purchase banned or even if Tesla still does this, but there are people who held Tesla’s feet to the legal fire and then found themselves purchase banned. I don’t suggest this should alter your plans, I merely pass on this information.

Reactions: voxel
I did not make changes to the order. The service guy made changes to the order and he did not confirm it. That is the key eg they screwed it up as my specific instructions were make sure it's $3000 less and they did not. They could have just said sorry can't do it and then original would have stayed the same but instead they did not.

$100 reservation fee and TESLA guarantees will set up and pay for a AAA arbitrator as in the agreement seems like it's going to cost them a lot of money.
This is like saying you ordered a cup of coffee but told them you would like to use two coupons, when the coupon said only one per use, and they eventually refused the second one later. Btw you’re going to lose the arbitration, saving you some time.

You guys are really fanboying hard when you say this is OPs fault. Assuming what he says is true, he (and we) should be able to rely on what a Tesla Sales rep says, I don’t care what the agreement says afterwards.

Also say what you want about what the sales agreement says about making changes, but not being able to go back to the original config right away is nonsense.

This is like saying you ordered a cup of coffee but told them you would like to use two coupons, when the coupon said only one per use, and they eventually refused the second one later. Btw you’re going to lose the arbitration, saving you some time.
Doubt this...Unless the facts are presented differently. Your analogy makes no sense because that isn't what happened.

Changing something should not increase the price to current pricing UNLESS the vehicle has already been made and now they have to go back and REMAKE it. They expect folks to sit on their decision for months and months on end... absolute greed.

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
Well… This thread is concerning since I am trying to change my LR to P. According to the other thread, Tesla changed the policy and you can edit design without changing the price to the new pricing.

Post in thread 'Edit Design without affecting price now?'
Edit Design without affecting price now?
Accept that this thread is from before that change went into effect so really does not apply to current order edits

Changing something should not increase the price to current pricing UNLESS the vehicle has already been made and now they have to go back and REMAKE it. They expect folks to sit on their decision for months and months on end... absolute greed.

Tesla only recently changed the edit design + pricing policy a few weeks ago. What you say "Changing something should not increase the price to current pricing" was not true. Any edits would cause a price bump to current.

Only recently has Tesla allowed edits without using "latest" prices.