Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Government Shutdown/Debt Limit - Issues and Timelines for Investors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it at least resolved the default issue and forces the negotiations to start. It's not a total victory for Democrats yes, but effectively the hostage situation was resolved without capitulating hence normal negotiations can resume. I do hope they can manage to resolve the budget issues at least to such an extent that this mess will not repeat in 2 months, but I'd say I'm positively attuned. Hope the rest of the market agrees later today ;)

Btw anyone got a clue why the futures are pointing down now that a deal was reached? EU has opened mixed and Asia didn't gain much either. I'd have expected a more positive reaction to this...

Buy the rumor, sell the news. I am glad I stayed investing during this whole time. Selling now after they signed the deal might end up being the right thing to do. I won't sell, but you never know how the markets will go. That's why I usually hold and never let Washington influence my investment decisions.

Any developments or dates we should keep in mind in the future?

Dear God man don't give me a heart attack bumping this thread! :)

You should perhaps keep in mind that the US Government has shown its fallibility going forward, but the US population has shown via polling its complete distaste for the politicians who created that crisis, and this does actually matter to politicians that desire to get re-elected. For now, it's status quo again.

How about resurrecting this old thread. Wasn't the extension up until some time early 2014 where they have to make new decisions to avoid a do-over of the October debacle? Are we nearing that time and has some work gone on? Or are we possibly going to be impacted by this crap again in the near term?

I think the dead line is on february 7th. However, I have no idea if they have resolved the issue already.