Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great September Delivery Push

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How were you able to un the VIN through united road website tracking? I have had two VINS so far and neither one has showed up in their system and I am told my car will be at the delivery center on 27th and my delivery is scheduled for 30th. Frustrated.

I put my VIN in the Delivery Receipts part of their website, but what's odd is that it worked about a week ago but it doesn't work for me anymore. It says VIN not found. Also do keep in mind that United Road is probably only one of the vehicle shipping services they use. Your vehicle may not have been transported via United Road.

Same with me. Switched to inventory MX couple weeks ago and delivery scheduled for 9/29. But I don’t see records of transportation in United roads.

I called customer care yesterday and they said it is in transit to SC in NJ. They didn’t know where it was in transit or when would it reach SC.

I called customer care yesterday and they said it is in transit to SC in NJ. They didn’t know where it was in transit or when would it reach SC.

How can they not know this? There is no freight carrier that doesn't know where it's trucks are at all times. There's no reasonable explanation as to why that info would be unavailable to a 50B car company. Something isn't right.

Reactions: umair239
Same with me. Switched to inventory MX couple weeks ago and delivery scheduled for 9/29. But I don’t see records of transportation in United roads.

United Roads website isn't working anymore for whatever reason. My VIN used to show up there but now shows nothing.

Hang in there, having recently gone through the delivery gauntlet it will all be worth it in the end.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Oh they do know about it. Your car was simply given to another "lucky owner" in one of the states where they have open season going on and they're simply handing cars to people walking in the service center. What a load of *sugar*
I think that's what happened to me, and I am in San Diego. Still not close enough to freemont. I have no delivery date now, so I actually went backwards a couple steps on the website...

Meanwhile I sold both my cars and I am borrowing a 3500 diesel truck for my 82 mile daily commute :(
Tesla has my money or I would really just consider canceling at this point and getting a new chevy volt or bolt. They don't seem to care about their customers at all, just like most other companies.

Oh CRAP! So we were scheduled for 9/27 delivery of our Red/white interior AWD 19". Tesla text me yesterday, asked if I could pick up early (Tonight)! SURE! We arrive as scheduled... they can't locate the car... Then they did and realized it had black interior, not white!!!

Oh CRAP! So now I'm back in the "WAITING" list!
I would be thrilled to be next in line for the red car with the black interior!

Reactions: neroden
I have a Performance 3 on order. My order page doesn't have a VIN and says "Estimated delivery by Oct.'18". I got a text today from someone (not my OA and not my DA) saying my P3 was ready for pickup tomorrow in Fremont.

Tomorrow.

I have no VIN and I was/am expecting about a week to deal with trading in or selling my S. Carmax gives a quote good for a week.

I'm just not ready. So I sent a note to my DA and a reply to the Tesla person (not an OA or DA, not sure what).

I need a few days to settle out the S and transfer cash. I'm confident I can do that and make their quarter. But I'm not going to kill myself. My annoyance is tempered by my enthusiasm but there's not much I can do if I don't have the cash from the S.

I need a few days to settle out the S and transfer cash. I'm confident I can do that and make their quarter. But I'm not going to kill myself. My annoyance is tempered by my enthusiasm but there's not much I can do if I don't have the cash from the S.

Have you considered getting the Carmax quote, and then doing the trade-in through Tesla asking them to match? That way you drive your S to Tesla and pickup the 3 at the same time without all that hokey cash transfer business?

Have you considered getting the Carmax quote, and then doing the trade-in through Tesla asking them to match? That way you drive your S to Tesla and pickup the 3 at the same time without all that hokey cash transfer business?

Yes, but the Carmax quote is only good for a week. From what I've read, Tesla isn't being competitive these days and doesn't match quotes. So I really want that week to include delivery. I'd rather trade it in but I'll get matching offers from Carmax and Carvana. I may list privately as well.