Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great September Delivery Push

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 9/11, the very next day I got a call saying my car was ready (P3D+ MSM White interior). He asked if I wanted to take delivery in a couple days. Then he calls back, says the car failed inspection because of a misaligned fascia and it pushed back to 9/25. I asked how my delivery was so quick and he told me someone changed their mind last second and went for a Model S.

My VIN is 79XXX, which worried me because cars being delivered now are 100,XXX. I ran the VIN through United Road's Delivery Receipts and saw that the car was shipped from Antioch to Burbank on 9/7. So I assume the car hasn't been sitting around for a while. My car is currently at the service center getting the fascia realigned before delivery.

I wouldn't worry about any car that has a VIN 6xxxx and above. My car has a 7xxxx VIN and wasn't built yet as of 8/30.

East coast deliveries are screwed. My car is still sittingin Richmond railyard. Hasn't moved for at least a week, probably longer. Seems like Tesla can't manage the east coast rail/ truck logistics right now. They probably just said "screw it" and are trying to deliver as many California cars as possible before EOM.
Just wish they wouldn't have told me 9/21 was delivery date, and now, only after me calling and badgering them, tell me they hope I can get the car in mid October. I sold my car last week so now I get to rent cars for a month?

This basically happened to me in early August. Been driving a spare clunker since August and really hating it. Was so happy when I found out my sister went to Europe so I could borrow her Prius.

Updating my info - and giving hope to others in TX since delivery was moved up (like a few others)

ordered 9/1. MSM P3D+, black interior
9/8 got VIN. setup delivery on the 28th - now moved up to 9/23
Received official trade offer info 9/17, showed on website today. Confirmed info and signed MVPA.

Once the UP or BNSF has their hands on it Tesla has nothing to say. Tesla is a very small fish to them so comes low in the priority order. Plan on it sitting a week in the Chicago area too as CSX or NS take their time moving it through and east of there. Right now the west coast priority is probably getting the stuff from China through customs and on its way before Donnie's new tariffs take effect.
Florida cars don't go through Chicago.
They travel along the southern lines to Alabama, where they are put on trucks to final destination.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Ordered 9/19, configured 9/20. RWD White Aero. SoCal. Just got an email that the car is ready, can pickup tomorrow 9/22. Vin 509xx. Seems like an early VIN, no? Just asked DC for the build date on the car.

Regardless, I wont be able to pick up the car this weekend. Had cash set, but had not moved the money. May consider doing a loan via clearpath + lightstream but even that will take a few days.

Oh CRAP! So we were scheduled for 9/27 delivery of our Red/white interior AWD 19". Tesla text me yesterday, asked if I could pick up early (Tonight)! SURE! We arrive as scheduled... they can't locate the car... Then they did and realized it had black interior, not white!!!

Oh CRAP! So now I'm back in the "WAITING" list!

It's back... Tesla brings back free Supercharging to inventory cars and Model 3 to help sell cars in end of quarter rush

... Tesla informed its sales staff that a referral code can still give free unlimited Supercharging to buyers of inventory Model S and Model X vehicles, as well as Model 3 Performance vehicles, until the end of the month, which coincides with the end of the quarter.

Non-performance Model 3 can also get 1 year of free Supercharging if they buy with a referral code and take delivery by the end of the month.

I ordered on 9/11, the very next day I got a call saying my car was ready (P3D+ MSM White interior). He asked if I wanted to take delivery in a couple days. Then he calls back, says the car failed inspection because of a misaligned fascia and it pushed back to 9/25. I asked how my delivery was so quick and he told me someone changed their mind last second and went for a Model S.

My VIN is 79XXX, which worried me because cars being delivered now are 100,XXX. I ran the VIN through United Road's Delivery Receipts and saw that the car was shipped from Antioch to Burbank on 9/7. So I assume the car hasn't been sitting around for a while. My car is currently at the service center getting the fascia realigned before delivery.
How were you able to un the VIN through united road website tracking? I have had two VINS so far and neither one has showed up in their system and I am told my car will be at the delivery center on 27th and my delivery is scheduled for 30th. Frustrated.