Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ground light on bottom of door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Anyone know what the two unused connectors inside the driver's side door on a 2017 Model S Non-PUP are?
One is a 2-pin and the other is a 4-pin and they are both taped up and not used.
Thanks.

Helpful tip:

For those looking to add aftermarket Tesla logo puddle projector lights to the rear doors on a Model S, there's no need to pull the door panel off to release the wire to drop it down so it comes out the bottom LED hole.

After carefully cutting out the indented covering on the bottom of the door with a razor (where the OEM puddle light would have gone in PUP cars) shine a light inside and you'll see a green/black wire hovering near the hole, with the connector jack end high up taped to a loom. With a needle nosed pliers, gently (GENTLY!) tug on the portion of the green/black wire near the hole until you get some purchase, then with a light constant tug you will get the jack part to slide/shimmy down where you can get the tape off and fish it out, all without removing the door panel.

YMMV I guess, depending where the factory installer taped the wires.

In my 2017 MS non-PUP it was easy-peasy and out in <5-10min.

Happy fishing!

PS There is now an alternative available to the round bullet-type logo lenses. These new ones go right where the factory LED housings would have gone. I found one here: Amazon.com: LQYAUTO 2PCS For Tesla Emblem Laser LED Door Courtesy Projector Shadow Light for Tesla Model S Logo Projector Lamp: Car Electronics. Maybe when the prices come down a bit more people will try them.

They look great--are these the ones from Amazon? $60 from China is a bit steep but if they are plug-n-play, unlike the projector lamps, they should sell a few.

The ones in the picture above are the long thin bullet type, ordered here (need to specify to the seller which logo you want):

2x Car Door Fire Superman Logo LED Welcome Laser Projector Ghost Shadow Light | eBay

The new integrated kind wasn't available/known when those were ordered. I definitely would've gotten them instead if they had the same logo (the Amazon listing doesn't even show how it looks in real life) and were just as bright had they been available and more reasonably priced.

FYI: The so called shadow lights, puddle lights, courtesy lights do NOT fit in the MX. The reason they do not fit is the height. On my 2017 MX I have only 1 inch of vertical height to install and replace my puddle light. Every replacement (including the new one on Amazon) that just snaps in the rectangular hole will not fit. If anyone finds a Tesla Puddle Light that is 1 inch tall let me know. Thank you Scottie...

Attachments

• unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 61
I am actually selling this and it cost 40USD including shipping. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Custom logo cost an additional 40USD.

Does the one you're selling for $40 includes the Tesla logo (like in the photo below) and is it for 1 or 2 pieces (the cylinder/bullet style kind run approximately $15-$18 for 2)?

Also, how large is the projected image?

Thanks

Does the one you're selling for $40 includes the Tesla logo (like in the photo below) and is it for 1 or 2 pieces (the cylinder/bullet style kind run approximately $15-$18 for 2)?

Also, how large is the projected image?

Thanks

It's the new type from Amazon. Ship from Hong Kong. $40USD is for two pieces. Can do your own custom art.

It's the new type from Amazon. Ship from Hong Kong. $40USD is for two pieces. Can do your own custom art.

Can you answer the remaining questions, does "two for $40" you're selling already come with the Tesla logo as in the picture above?
Can you post a picture of it lit up and how large it is if mounted to to the bottom of the door?

This will help buyer's feel more comfortable ordering as they will know exactly what they are getting.

Very nice! So these images are included in the 2-for-$40?
Do you have a special for 4pc?
If yes, where can one order?

Yes it's included. Currently I don't have a site for you to order (I actually has one but it's in Chinese lol). Shipping cost is 10USD from Hong Kong. And sorry, there's no special price at this moment. You can choose to pm me and paypal me and order will be shipped within two business days.