Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there expire date for the group buy?

is it V4?

FRUNK with Foot - Hansshow Frunk plus Kick Sensor - TESLA MODEL 3 *NEW GROUP BUY

FRUNK ONLY - Hansshow Frunk - Model 3 New TMC Group Buy

TRUNK with Foot - Hansshow TRUNK kit plus foot sensor - TMC GROUP BUY

TRUNK ONLY - Hansshow Automatic Trunk Kit - MODEL 3 Group Buy TMC

Please ensure your addresses are correct as all orders are processed directly by Hansshow and shipped from China. These are special prices only for TMC members which we have negotiated in exchange, we ask everyone to always provide feedback.

Please ensure your addresses are correct as all orders are processed directly by Hansshow and shipped from China. These are special prices only for TMC members which we have negotiated in exchange, we ask everyone to always provide feedback.

Last edited:
FRUNK with Foot - Hansshow Frunk plus Kick Sensor - TESLA MODEL 3 *NEW GROUP BUY

TRUNK with Foot - Hansshow TRUNK kit plus foot sensor - TMC GROUP BUY

TRUNK ONLY - Hansshow Automatic Trunk Kit - MODEL 3 Group Buy TMC

that doesn't quite answer my question, the paypal says "This will always be the newest unit. RIght now its called v3DIY as of 06/2020."
that is quite confusing as there is V4 out now, so is this going to include the V3 or V4?

Yeah I wonder what v4 is exactly? I was going to place an order soon but will wait for clarification.

Power Trunk V4(Play and Plug CAN BUS and soft close) ($499)

2. The Trunk Upgrade Kit is for V1, V2, V3 power trunk upgrade to the latest V4.
– Update the software and electric suction lock, achieve an extreme soft closing effect.
– CANBUS plug, even safer system.
– Car key & kick sensor control more sensitive, prevent false triggering.
– Prompt function for tailgate not closed.

Yeah I wonder what v4 is exactly? I was going to place an order soon but will wait for clarification.

Power Trunk V4(Play and Plug CAN BUS and soft close) ($499)

I confirmed with Hansshow and the Group Buy orders via Boringmod are indeed v4:

Benefits are:
Update the software and electric suction lock, achieve an extreme soft closing effect.

I confirmed with Hansshow and the Group Buy orders via Boringmod are indeed v4:

Benefits are:
Update the software and electric suction lock, achieve an extreme soft closing effect.

Is V4 for the Trunk only? Or is there a V4 frunk?

Is V4 for the Trunk only? Or is there a V4 frunk?

Seems only the trunk: Tesla model 3 automatic frunk and trunk

The trunk V4 has this specific CANBUS plug integration which closes the competitive gap with the Tesla Offer product which has always (or at least for a long time) been a CANBUS integration, which had some advantages that you can hear about in their competitor comparison video (note that this video is out of date now, but it gives you an idea about the advantages of the CANBUS):

From what I can tell, Tesla Offer V2 and Hanshow V4 seem very close now on features. The main item I see different is that the strut is silicon wrapped on the Tesla Offer one , and they claim that can help avoid damage/wear to the weather strip.

No such thing on the trunk side so I guess that's why there's no new model