Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ppower did you ever get in touch with Mike or Avi on the +25 offset (and if so, in bronze)? Maybe we should exchange e-mails and get a group thread going among the folks on the list and see what we can work out with Evasive.

And too funny! You stole my unboxing idea...or rather you beat me to it. ;)

Ahh well, a few more for varietys sake.

20190123_134652.jpg 20190123_134704.jpg

I like how UP tapes the decals to the top of the box so they dont get TRASHED in shipping!

20190123_134749.jpg 20190123_134947.jpg 20190123_135002.jpg

Attachments

• 20190123_134724.jpg
    20190123_134724.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: ppower
I sent an email to both Mike @Evasive and to Titan 7. I am awaiting their response. This all would have been so much simpler if they would have changed the group buy to this offset back in september when first approached about it. In the meantime, conversation here keeps the whole thread bumped, so I’m good with it being here for now. Cross your fingers, and if anybody else would commit to the size, add on to our list.

I sent an email to both Mike @Evasive and to Titan 7. I am awaiting their response. This all would have been so much simpler if they would have changed the group buy to this offset back in september when first approached about it. In the meantime, conversation here keeps the whole thread bumped, so I’m good with it being here for now. Cross your fingers, and if anybody else would commit to the size, add on to our list.

You're better off calling them. I sent both of them emails in early December and never heard back. I finally called, and was able to speak to Mike directly.

I'm guessing the answer on the +25 will be the same as the 19x9.5s for the first 30+ days or so. "Not planning on it but it could change at some point". Then magically one day they showed up on the thread and the GB page. That's why I think we might have a bit more influence with a group email thread. *shrug*

Anyway - @ppower (again) are you getting your alignment done by a SC after the spring install? A few threads suggest only the SC should do it while others call BS suggesting any shop (with the right tools/training) can do it. Trying to decide if I should install my springs now and let the SC align it.

But then I'm also wondering if they'll even touch an alignment w/aftermarket springs, sans the warranty implications.

I first called, but Mike wasn’t in, so I was instructed to write him. That’s why I went ahead and cc’d Titan into it as well. If I don’t get an answer, I’ll make calls again. To me, the 19x9.5 is another odd choice because if you really want track wheels for that width, you probably want 18’s instead. That said, 19x8.5 +20 would be a good match with them for a staggered setup.

As for alignment, I find brand service departments to be the worst. They deal with stock and only stock. Find a place local that handles alignments with performance cars and aftermarket suspension. I’ve had horrible luck with regular service departments and tire/alignment centers. Besides, my closest SC is 4 hours away.

@Taid_87 I don’t see why not since they now aren’t including shipping. I’ll contact them to let them know we have 4 commitments for 4 sets of bronze 19x9 +25 within just a couple of days. If they have another hoop to jump through to get bronze, I guess we’ll find out.

19x8.5 +20
1. ppower (bronze)

19x9 +25
1. ppower (bronze)
2. torparts (bronze if necessary)
3. R1Fast (bronze)
4. Taid_87 (bronze) Canada
Y.
Whats the advantage to these offsets over stock seems like this would create a higher scrub radious? Seems like the tesla engineers should have already figured out the best offset? I like the look of these wheels but I can't figure out their website since they don't list the tesla 3.

Creating a higher scrub radius will increase wheel feedback right?

I was referring to this post by a suspension expert.
Wheel Offset and Suspension Performance

Interesting to see how everyone wants the T-S5 over the T-R10.

Has anyone tested a 19x9 +25 with a tire wider than 245? The wheel is going to be pushed almost a full inch outwards, and unless you're lowered, it seems like you're going to have a bit of wheel/tire poke going on.

Having seen 255/40/19 on a 9" wheel, it looks no different than 235's on 8.5. If you go up to 265-275, I can see that start to push out more. I was just looking on another forum where a person got 9" +35 because they plan to get other brakes (MPP?) whose hub extends out further. I think that once you start to scoot back and say it needs to be +30, you might as well get the 9" +35 they're already offering. For a P owner, that's only 5mm outward compared to my stock wheels, so I'd be putting on a 10mm spacer up front. I'd rather bypass that. I'd still use a 5mm rear spacer, but that is minimal extra weight and simple.

Whats the advantage to these offsets over stock seems like this would create a higher scrub radious? Seems like the tesla engineers should have already figured out the best offset? I like the look of these wheels but I can't figure out their website since they don't list the tesla 3.

Creating a higher scrub radius will increase wheel feedback right?

I was referring to this post by a suspension expert.
Wheel Offset and Suspension Performance

Does a change of offset affect scrub radius? Yes. Is it tearing your car up? No. This isn't putting a wide body kit on the car with massively low offsets. Testing any adverse effects is one reason that I spent the money on wheel adapter/spacers to test this fitment. I'll add that the 9" wheel changes the scrub radius a bit less because of where the centerline of a wider wheel is. It doesn't make the car wander around on the road. Any premature wear on suspension is still going to be so far down the road, you'd have a really hard time attributing it to lower offset wheels. I have lower offset wheels on my BMW M3, my TSX, my Odyssey, and my Flex. Never had any issues with wear.

Is the car "perfect" from the factory? Uh, no. Every car from the factory is a compromise. Why would there be a need for coilovers to get better damping and rebound for performance? Brake pads, SS braided brake lines, tires, etc? In the case of an 8.5" +20, that is moving the centerline over a max of 3/4", and close to only 1/2" for P's. That is nothing to be afraid of.

Advantages? I find that the wider track gives the car a more stable feel at turn in. Aside from that, a flush wheel/tire looks SOOO much better. Look at a regular Porsche 911 and then a GT3. Same geometry, but the GT3 gets wider and more flush wheel/tires. The presence from that is very noticeable. Same side body rear, but a different bumper and different wheel offsets. The difference on my own 3 with stock wheels and spacers is huge. If it weren't for the 20's weighing 30 lbs/ea, I'd just keep them. They look great. Even in the snapshot of mine at the side of the road, you can tell an instant difference.

2017-porsche-911-gts-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-673393-s-original.jpg
2018-porsche-911-gt3-is-a-daily-driver-with-a-racecar-engine-a-six-speed-manual_6.jpg

DSC04225crop.jpg

19x8.5 +20
1. ppower (bronze)

19x9 +25
1. ppower (bronze)
3. R1Fast (bronze)
5. boostftw (bronze)
6. vietnguyen (bronze)

I've only added numbers to 8 because why stop at 4? I'm waiting on Evasive & Titan's response to see what it will take. The more commitment we show, the more demand they see there is and make this happen. Like I've said, a beauty of this size is that they already have the schematics made for the Alfa and would just need to drill it differently. That will cut down on some of their design time. If they felt a need to change this to a +28 to fit both Evo and us, I'm good with that, too. I think the point is that there is a need for a more flush fitment that can handle stock tires to a bit wider. We have to strike a balance between performance and efficiency with these cars.

19x8.5 +20
1. ppower (bronze)

19x9 +25
1. ppower (bronze)
3. R1Fast (bronze)
5. boostftw (bronze)
6. vietnguyen (bronze)

I've only added numbers to 8 because why stop at 4? I'm waiting on Evasive & Titan's response to see what it will take. The more commitment we show, the more demand they see there is and make this happen. Like I've said, a beauty of this size is that they already have the schematics made for the Alfa and would just need to drill it differently. That will cut down on some of their design time. If they felt a need to change this to a +28 to fit both Evo and us, I'm good with that, too. I think the point is that there is a need for a more flush fitment that can handle stock tires to a bit wider. We have to strike a balance between performance and efficiency with these cars.

So this buy will only be for bronze? Will going to a wider wheel greatly affect range? I have performance but without the big brakes... Changing suspension and wheel offset geometry is a bit different than replacing parts with higher quality parts, but your right, it's probably not going to matter a ton. I just have no idea what to get I just know I hate my aero wheels

Last edited:
So this buy will only be for bronze? Will going to a wider wheel greatly affect range? I have performance but without the big brakes...

A wider WHEEL will not affect range. A 9" could take a stock 235 or even a slightly bigger 245 tire. There is good variety of 245/40/19 tires, and there is even a 700 wear rating Eco tire for low rolling resistance. Tire compound would make a greater difference than the tire being 10mm wider. This is not only for bronze. It just happens to be that many of us want that. We are putting what our color preference is because it was mentioned that on a previous run, there weren't enough bronze for them to be willing to do that. This list is to show what we have strong commitments for so that they will make a production run for us. Look up Titan 7 on Facebook and gander through their photos. The bronze is a new color for them and for some reason doesn't do that often. So far, we're talking about finishing 24 wheels in the same color. Add to that any bronze orders of other sizes. How many more do they need to justify doing it? We wait for their response to find out, but we have a strong showing so far.

Reactions: Glamisduner
So I ordered the TS-5 18x8.5 +35, and I'm now trying to figure out the closest tire size to stock (sticking with mich PS4S). Looking at the Tirerack specs for the stock 235/35 20 I noticed its listed as having a tread width of 8.8in and a diameter of 26.5in (786 revs per mile).

Now going to 18 PS4S the closest tires I can find to those specs are:
255/40 18 which has a tread width of 8.7in and a diameter of 26in (799 revs per mile) although the measured rim width is 9 so on a 8.5rim maybe like a 8.5 tread width
OR
255/45 18 which has a tread width of 8.7in (but on a 8.5 rim this time) and a diameter of 27.1in (769 revs per mile).

Reason I'm focusing on tread width is I imagine it has the largest effect (assuming the same tire model) on traction and also range (tread width is the approx measure of the width of the tire touching the road). While as the listed tire size (255 or 235 etc) would be meaningless for those factors. I figure staying close to the stock measurements will give a good balance of performance and range. Thoughts? Anyone found a more appropriate size for 18 mich PS4S?

So I ordered the TS-5 18x8.5 +35, and I'm now trying to figure out the closest tire size to stock (sticking with mich PS4S). Looking at the Tirerack specs for the stock 235/35 20 I noticed its listed as having a tread width of 8.8in and a diameter of 26.5in (786 revs per mile).

255/40 18 which has a tread width of 8.7in and a diameter of 26in (799 revs per mile) although the measured rim width is 9 so on a 8.5rim maybe like a 8.5 tread width
OR
255/45 18 which has a tread width of 8.7in (but on a 8.5 rim this time) and a diameter of 27.1in (769 revs per mile).

Reason I'm focusing on tread width is I imagine it has the largest effect (assuming the same tire model) on traction and also range (tread width is the approx measure of the width of the tire touching the road). While as the listed tire size (255 or 235 etc) would be meaningless for those factors. I figure staying close to the stock measurements will give a good balance of performance and range. Thoughts? Anyone found a more appropriate size for 18 mich PS4S?
Why not just use the stock tires?

OR

I like the 245/45/18 as its only 26.7" so very close to stock size but with just a little more width, I ran this size from a stock 235/45/18 on another car and it did make a big difference in handling while not really affecting range much

• Informative
Reactions: Glamisduner
Why not just use the stock tires?
Well the stock 18 tire is technically a michelin pilot 4 and not a pilot 4s which is a pretty big difference in grip performance (look at motortrend g testing of the performance with 4s vs the reg model3 with 4.

Now if we go to stock size for the pilot 4s 235 45 18 the tread width is 7.6in which is 1.2in narrower then width of the PS4S on the stock 20 wheels. While I'm sure you'll gain range you're going to lose some grip. I would like to stay as the same level of grip/range as the stock 20s, so I'd like a tire with close to 8.8in of tread width.

Well the stock 18 tire is technically a michelin pilot 4 and not a pilot 4s which is a pretty big difference in grip performance (look at motortrend g testing of the performance with 4s vs the reg model3 with 4.

Now if we go to stock size for the pilot 4s 235 45 18 the tread width is 7.6in which is 1.2in narrower then width of the PS4S on the stock 20 wheels. While I'm sure you'll gain range you're going to lose some grip. I would like to stay as the same level of grip/range as the stock 20s, so I'd like a tire with close to 8.8in of tread width.

Stock 18" wheel is Michelin Primacy MXM4 235/45-18, 98W, so yea pretty big difference, people are saying the pilot 4s are killing their range. I haven't had any traction issues with the Primacy, but I don't track my car either.

Edit: Disregard my question on shipping - I got my answer looking back at the intial posts in September.

@ppower Just got my invoice for the 19x9+35s so they are ready to ship. I may not be able to hold out for the +25 ET at this rate.

But, since Evasive is closed over the weekend Ill reach out to them on Monday and see if they have made any movement on different offsets.

Last edited: