Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to a Mountainpass Performance meetup and I really liked the fitment on their demo car. Sasha was saying that this is probably the best square setup for city/track as far as width and offset. They were running 265/40 18" tire with a 18" 9.5" +35 wheel. But this same fitment can be run on 19" wheels if you want to fit MPP Page Mill 365mm Big Brake Kit with a 265/35 19" tire and a 19" 9.5" +35 wheel. The tires looked very flush front and back with no spacers. See images. So I am voting for T-S5 19" 9.5" +35 square.https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/product/mpp-page-mill-365mm-big-brake-kit/

Attachments

• IMG_20180830_194521.jpg
    IMG_20180830_194521.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20180830_194530.jpg
    IMG_20180830_194530.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20180830_194539.jpg
    IMG_20180830_194539.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20180830_194548.jpg
    IMG_20180830_194548.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Went to a Mountainpass Performance meetup and I really liked the fitment on their demo car. Sasha was saying that this is probably the best square setup for city/track as far as width and offset. They were running 265/40 18" tire with a 18" 9.5" +35 wheel. But this same fitment can be run on 19" wheels if you want to fit MPP Page Mill 365mm Big Brake Kit with a 265/35 19" tire and a 19" 9.5" +35 wheel. The tires looked very flush front and back with no spacers. See images. So I am voting for T-S5 19" 9.5" +35 square.

I think you've hit the best size for nearly zero speedometer error. Were there any issues with rubbing in the front? Also, will the group buy wheels in 18" clear the Tesla PUO big brakes? If so, I'm in for a set of 4 18" x 9.5's +35.

I think you've hit the best size for nearly zero speedometer error. Were there any issues with rubbing in the front? Also, will the group buy wheels in 18" clear the Tesla PUO big brakes? If so, I'm in for a set of 4 18" x 9.5's +35.
They took us in small groups in that car to demo their new coil-overs on a winding mountain road. I did not hear or see any rubbing. They also use this fitment on the track and said there is no problems with rubbing.

I don't think the 18" will clear Tesla's P+ brakes and definitely not MPP big brake kit. You'll need 19" for that.

Reactions: debuggr
They took us in small groups in that car to demo their new coil-overs on a winding mountain road. I did not hear or see any rubbing. They also use this fitment on the track and said there is no problems with rubbing.

I don't think the 18" will clear Tesla's P+ brakes and definitely not MPP big brake kit. You'll need 19" for that.

TSportline claims their 18" wheels fit over Tesla's PUO big brakes. In fact, they have a pull down menu option for it. 18

Debating between VFF 103 versus the Titan 7..which wheel and color would look best for MSM M3? Planning on 19”. I know the Titan7 will probably be lighter, but as for aesthetics only, any opinions? Thanks

Great job starting this up. The wheels sound fantastic. I had been considering a set of BBS CI-R in 20x9.5 +40 square, and these Titans are a faithful replica of the BBS design and likely a bit better fit.

1. I thought I saw 20’s in one poll. Do they just not make 20” or are you just choosing not to offer it in the poll? 20x9/10.5 with 245/285 seems to be the most common big setup, but I’m good with a 20x9.5.

2. Is 9.5 width to be offered? I could have sworn I read a post saying that they don’t recommend or want to offer it due to poke in the front. Now I can’t find that post among all of these pages.

3. What was the aero wheel option? Maybe this is a side item to have made, but some kind of hubcap like the factory wheels would be awesome to use when range maximization is priority. If faces are fairly standard, this would be easier to have

4. Any chance to get more of profile views of the wheels at different width/offsets to see how concave they are? Are these done like some JDM wheels with a face A and B for flat or concave? Or does the concavity vary for each width/offset? Typically up to 9” wide are flat faces and beginning 9.5” get concave.

Debating between VFF 103 versus the Titan 7..which wheel and color would look best for MSM M3? Planning on 19”. I know the Titan7 will probably be lighter, but as for aesthetics only, any opinions? Thanks
I too have MSM and I think the VFF 103 will look better since they offer a silver finish and the contrast will be nice. Titan 7 is a better and lighter wheel and if they did offer it in silver then that would be a better choice but in my opinion neither of the three finishes of the Titan 7 will look good with MSM. I am hoping they will add a silver finish otherwise you could always strip and re-powder coat.

I too have MSM and I think the VFF 103 will look better since they offer a silver finish and the contrast will be nice. Titan 7 is a better and lighter wheel and if they did offer it in silver then that would be a better choice but in my opinion neither of the three finishes of the Titan 7 will look good with MSM. I am hoping they will add a silver finish otherwise you could always strip and re-powder coat.

Titan: I think that the Titan is a better look than the V-FF 103. The spokes begin from the center cap and have lug holes in between the spokes. That makes the spokes look longer and helps the wheel look bigger. Compare this to the Vorsteiner where lug holes are down the middle of the spoke. Being a forged wheel, it will be a stronger and lighter wheel. This looks to be like getting in on the ground floor of a wheel company with a bright future. Being able to get a well forged wheel at this price point is amazing. As for the lighter silver, it's still early. I would venture to bet that silver would far outsell black. If black weren't offered at all, very few would likely back out. Good things come to those who wait. It's like hopping back in line with a deposit for the car all over again.

Vorsteiner: It's a well known and respected brand. Flow Formed is plenty good quality and is what I'd be able to afford. Also, the Vorsteiner is a twist on the BBS original design instead of a copy, so I commend them for that. The pricing isn't bad, you can have them now, they're very customizable, and they are one of Vorsteiner's most concave designs. Oh, and IMO, the best looking Model 3 right now sits on 20x9/10.5 of these. That deep 10.5" rear isn't even under consideration for this. Really surprises me since that staggered setup is becoming the most common for a more aggressive setup.