Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GRRRRRRRRR. Another P convert here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awww crap, Texex... now you got me wanting the +. This forum is so bad for my CPA's heart...

Now, now--as a CPA you are use to thinking through things in a black/white manner. That's good.

Have you driven the +?? In SoCal, it's almost a requirement to have a + to standout in the crowd!

Not sure what car you are coming out of, but the + is just amazing the way it handles, feels and gives the the sports car feel anytime you want it.

What's holding you back? It's just a few grand more than a +...???

Now, now--as a CPA you are use to thinking through things in a black/white manner. That's good.

Have you driven the +?? In SoCal, it's almost a requirement to have a + to standout in the crowd!

Not sure what car you are coming out of, but the + is just amazing the way it handles, feels and gives the the sports car feel anytime you want it.

What's holding you back? It's just a few grand more than a +...???

Tex - Haha, no, unfortunately I'm not a CPA - otherwise I would be too smart to drop this much on a depreciating asset ;)

You have great timing with your question, actually going to test drive it this morning in Newport.

The only problem I had with it was the 21" wheels. I'm a super low-maintenance car guy, and changing out the tires every 9-15k miles isn't my idea of fun :) We'll see how much I need it after this morning!

Tex - Haha, no, unfortunately I'm not a CPA - otherwise I would be too smart to drop this much on a depreciating asset ;)

You have great timing with your question, actually going to test drive it this morning in Newport.

The only problem I had with it was the 21" wheels. I'm a super low-maintenance car guy, and changing out the tires every 9-15k miles isn't my idea of fun :) We'll see how much I need it after this morning!

Um yeah.

Go drive the P+ with 21" and tell me how that looks and feels when you get back.

I'll be here waiting...

19" in Newport--no.

Attachments

• th_Pluslog_zps0174bf5f.png
    th_Pluslog_zps0174bf5f.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 217
Dangit, Tex!... I just changed my order, one midnight blue P85+ on the way... and yearly tire replacements.

Ahhhhhh, I LOVE IT!! P85+ CONVERT!

Once you fall under the P85+ spell, there's NO turning back!

HUGE CONGRATS!! You are going to absolutely LOVE that car--trust me!

Keep us updated and give us config!

That blue is going to look sooooooooo freaking amazing in a P+!

Last edited:
Heh... Tex got another one. Congrats on your upgrade!

I'm glad that the bulk of my driving experience has been in my friend's S85 and only my test drive was a P85. I know the S85 is plenty car enough for me. :)

Doctorwho--let's talk over here for a minute...seriously it won't take long.

Have a drink of the magical P85+ kool aid...mmmmm, tastes soooo good! :biggrin:

bareyb - haha, more like condolences to my accountant. Seriously, I called him to let him know and he asked me "but why?? You're not even a car guy, and you're using more than twice as much as you had me budget for? Do you know how much $125k will be in 30 years??" :) And I used to be so sensible...

texex - ahhhhhh, yeah, you got me man :) Tell Elon another one bites the dust. Once I took that first corner, and my sales associate told me not to slow down, it was over. Body roll? That's for lesser cars. Less than 10k miles per tire set? Sure, but 10k more grins per mile ;)

Doctorwho--let's talk over here for a minute...seriously it won't take long.

Have a drink of the magical P85+ kool aid...mmmmm, tastes soooo good! :biggrin:

doctrewho - don't do it! He's gonna slip you a P+ Mickey!

Once I took that first corner, and my sales associate told me not to slow down, it was over. Body roll? That's for lesser cars. Less than 10k miles per tire set? Sure, but 10k more grins per mile ;)
Bingo!! Don't bother slowing down on the P+--no need, that thing grips like a magnet. I love it that you got to really experience the car! And yes, trust me the grin factor IS that much more in the +. Huge kudos again, and post your config so we can drool some more.

bareyb - haha, more like condolences to my accountant. Seriously, I called him to let him know and he asked me "but why?? You're not even a car guy, and you're using more than twice as much as you had me budget for? Do you know how much $125k will be in 30 years??" :) And I used to be so sensible...

So Funny! My accountant gave me a blank stare and a "i'd never spend 115k on a car" line! I followed up with "how much did I spend in gas last year?" (Accountant):"15K" (me) "Do I really need to do the math for you?" (accountant) "well, for you it makes sense"

Anyone know a good accountant?

Bingo!! Don't bother slowing down on the P+--no need, that thing grips like a magnet. I love it that you got to really experience the car! And yes, trust me the grin factor IS that much more in the +. Huge kudos again, and post your config so we can drool some more.

Right now I've got it with P85+/Blue/Black extended leather-Carbon Fiber/Pano/Grey Turbines/Air Suspension/Sound Studio/Dual charging+HPWC/Parking sensors/Lighting/Parcel shelf. When we were in Newport, I got the wife some nice earrings to set her up for the news/begging :) She was surprisingly supportive, but did keep emphasizing how this was my last car for the decade... I'm good with that!

I did get on good authority that all wheel drive will likely be available later this year, so I'm considering delaying even more (it will also make my accountant stop frowning at me). Currently waiting for my never-ending house refinance to go through (my broker guy is actually in Texas, Texex), but it is taking forever. Hope my daughter wasn't planning on going to college!

Cinematechs - haha! Mine is very good, but he might not make it through the year at this rate ;)

Right now I've got it with P85+/Blue/Black extended leather-Carbon Fiber/Pano/Grey Turbines/Air Suspension/Sound Studio/Dual charging+HPWC/Parking sensors/Lighting/Parcel shelf. When we were in Newport, I got the wife some nice earrings to set her up for the news/begging :) She was surprisingly supportive, but did keep emphasizing how this was my last car for the decade... I'm good with that!

I did get on good authority that all wheel drive will likely be available later this year, so I'm considering delaying even more (it will also make my accountant stop frowning at me). Currently waiting for my never-ending house refinance to go through (my broker guy is actually in Texas, Texex), but it is taking forever. Hope my daughter wasn't planning on going to college!

Cinematechs - haha! Mine is very good, but he might not make it through the year at this rate ;)

Congrats and nice combo! My wife said the same thing: "Okay, go ahead, but I better not hear about another car for at least 10 years!" I'm good with it too.

I'm wondering why you would wait for the AWD?

Later this year? There's only 2 months left of this year... I'd think they'd be promoting it if it were coming out that soon. I'll bet you a buck it doesn't happen this year... Maybe next year...

And there's no way I could wait that long! ;)

Last edited:

The old jewelry trick works everytime :wink:

Regarding AWD, it will probably be about $10K more the RWD, and won't start production until next year (which means you will not get tax credit until 2015--even your CPA can't argue this one--LOL).

Living in CA, do you really need AWD? For me the extra $10K (guessing, but about what Porsche charges) and living in Texas, I'd still buy the RWD. They will offer both, so it's just a matter of $$. For an SUV yes, for a car it's a nice to have (at least in mild climates)--and of course traction.