Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to be able to tow a small yard trailer or camper, 1500-2000 pounds, 3500 would be awesome

Will I be able to tow my horse trailer?

317978H.jpg

Since some reservations had to be done online where a reservation on March 31st didn't get registered until April 1st, I believe Elon will include reservation completed on April 1st.

I believe a reasonable loyalty gift would be unlimited supercharging. This would limit the financial impact on the company at this time. It would be an even greater gift if he allowed the unlimited supercharging to be transferred to a new Tesla vehicle purchase in the future.

Since some reservations had to be done online where a reservation on March 31st didn't get registered until April 1st, I believe Elon will include reservation completed on April 1st.

I believe a reasonable loyalty gift would be unlimited supercharging. This would limit the financial impact on the company at this time. It would be an even greater gift if he allowed the unlimited supercharging to be transferred to a new Tesla vehicle purchase in the future.
I'd bet on it being some type of collectible.

Unlimited supercharging.... no way. Would cost Tesla millions and re-invite the problem of those who choose to use supercharger because it's "free" rather than charging at home.

And thereby clogging up the supercharger network.
Why would it cost millions?

How many people do you think waited in line out of 500K reservations?

There were only 180K reservations on day one and many of those weren't line waiters......they were online reservationists after the reveal.

My guess is that there were fewer line waiters than the number of Model S and X's already sold.

Reactions: Kacey Green
When Elon originally mentioned this extra reward, it was a reaction to all of the tens of thousands of people who camped out in line to reserve. It became a national TV news sensation and surely added great momentum to the reservation event. But I noticed the guy who tweeted him is pushing for anyone who reserved on 3/31 to be included and of course there have been several threads here making the same case. Funny stuff.

Reactions: Kacey Green