Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had my first Tesla dream last night....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I (im)patiently wait for my car to go from sourcing parts to production to delivery, I had my first Tesla dream last night.

I dreamt I took delivery, only to find I had inadvertently ordered a green one instead of the grey one I wanted. But I was so excited to finally get it, I took it anyway...

I have my order on hold until the insurances here figure out what they'll quote me (the first quote was outrageous). So I'm not even in the part where it'd say sourcing parts. And I've had my first dream as well. I was at the Tesla factory, drove around with my new MS, then it turned into an action dream and suddenly Tesla was also making trucks and vans with what I had to escape some mystery guys shooting the place up. Yeah.... It'll be a long 5 months ....

As I (im)patiently wait for my car to go from sourcing parts to production to delivery, I had my first Tesla dream last night.

I dreamt I took delivery, only to find I had inadvertently ordered a green one instead of the grey one I wanted. But I was so excited to finally get it, I took it anyway...

Hey with some of the things they are missing lately in production QC, you might just get a green one :biggrin: J/K!

Dude, I test drove one now a little over a week ago and immediately started having dreams about a Model S. Sadly the wife is still making me wait before ordering one. haha :(

What is she waiting on??

Hey with some of the things they are missing lately in production QC, you might just get a green one :biggrin: J/K!

What is she waiting on??

I wish I knew! She's onboard with getting one, but she doesn't want me to move on it right now. No idea, but I won't push her on this. At this point, it'll probably be something that happens early next year, if I had to guess. I can only hope there isn't another price increase between now and then. I think the idea of a $1,000/mo car payment scares her, but I recently explained how I'm spending $900/mo right now on my truck + gas, so it's not going to actually be a whole ton more, but whatever.

I wish I knew! She's on board with getting one, but she doesn't want me to move on it right now. No idea, but I won't push her on this. .

Understood. But maybe a little dropping hints about safest car, highest rated car, etc every now and again will help cause. If you're at the Domain, make sure you walk by store, so she can see again, etc...never know :wink:

Last edited:
The good thing is she points them out to me when she sees them, so that's a start :) In fact, there was one parked at the local Alamo Drafthouse last night and she pointed it out to me before I even noticed, which is not easy to do. Just a matter of time. I just keep mentioning how much gas my truck uses as a daily commuter and how much it sucks to park in my building's garage for now. She already knows about the safety, for sure.

The good thing is she points them out to me when she sees them, so that's a start :) In fact, there was one parked at the local Alamo Drafthouse last night and she pointed it out to me before I even noticed, which is not easy to do. Just a matter of time. I just keep mentioning how much gas my truck uses as a daily commuter and how much it sucks to park in my building's garage for now. She already knows about the safety, for sure.

That is a good sign JGard. My wife did the same and eventually said "so are you going to order this car or what?"

Sadly I don't think so :) We have a baby coming up (our first) in December. Pretty sure that is what's freaking her out, I think she assumes this kid is going to cost us like $3k/mo or something, somehow. So I think once she realizes that even with costs of a kid we're still doing pretty well, she'll be more open to the Tesla payments. Just my hunch. I'm still working to convince her early. Plus, she would never take away from me the thrill of "Building" my own Tesla! haha