Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Handover party for first 30 customer Model 3's on (July) 28th!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction for Friday is the model 3s for sure being raised out of the tunnel on the elevator and driven out of the tunnel and possibly either sent cross country to new york or coming from new your autonomously. Would be a great bit of showman ship if they could pull it off.

The tunnel thing, it's kitschy but possible. The autonomous thing.. Not even possible or legal.

My prediction for Friday is the model 3s for sure being raised out of the tunnel on the elevator and driven out of the tunnel and possibly either sent cross country to new york or coming from new your autonomously. Would be a great bit of showman ship if they could pull it off.
Let's see: The car elevator and initial tunnel segment are in Hawthorne and the Model 3 delivery event will be approximately 360 miles away in Fremont. A bit of a logistical problem unless a tunnel connecting the two cities has been completed surreptitiously and the tunnel sleds are operational or there are Superchargers inside the tunnel or the Model 3's range is much more than anticipated. ;)

Last edited:
For those that attend in person, the doors open at 7 pm PDT. They won't be live-streaming for two hours before the event but I'm sure you'll be able to catch many other live streams before the office live stream coverage begins at 8:45 pm.
Yes, I want to see a bunch of people getting drunk and complaining about not having enough food. On second thought, I'll tune in at 8:45pm. :)

Let's see: The car elevator and initial tunnel segment are in Hawthorne and the Model 3 delivery event will be approximately 360 miles away in Fremont. A bit of a logistical problem unless a tunnel connecting the two cities has been completed surreptitiously and the tunnel sleds are operational or there are Superchargers inside the tunnel or the Model 3's range is much more than anticipated. ;)

So what you're saying is, it's more likely than a HUD?

Most Tesla events have had plenty of food available (and drink).

The X Reveal event in Hawthorne was amazing, with various types of food stations situated throughout. It was one of the most lavish parties I've attended. (One celebrity there said 'If you're not here tonight, you blew it. This is crazy!'. Foster The People was supplying music, super chill atmosphere. If you went hungry, it was because you were busy turning down food. Same with drinks.

On the other hand, the X Delivery event was pulled together very last-minute and there just wasn't enough for the crowds. But you can't judge every Tesla event by that one. It was an anomaly imo.

Tesla has been planning this event for awhile, as an employee celebration celebrating the hard work everyone has done to get to this point, with a very limited number of outside guests. It's going to be a great party.

The X Reveal event in Hawthorne was amazing, with various types of food stations situated throughout. It was one of the most lavish parties I've attended. (One celebrity there said 'If you're not here tonight, you blew it. This is crazy!'. Foster The People was supplying music, super chill atmosphere. If you went hungry, it was because you were busy turning down food. Same with drinks.

That also describes pretty well the Model 3 reveal last year (except for the band, there was an awesome DJ instead).

Reactions: bonnie
That also describes pretty well the Model 3 reveal last year (except for the band, there was an awesome DJ instead).
Yep, most events are amazing and well done. The D event was also (outside of traffic control coming into the event). I know there was a problem with a new caterer at the Gigafactory event - plenty of food, but they weren't bringing it out quickly - that had some of the Tesla team ripping their hair out in frustration. But overall, Tesla events are very well done.

The X Reveal, however, is the one that is remembered even though it was an anomaly. It's not only the food - everyone jokes about how late Elon will be because of delays then, but no one has noticed that he hasn't been late since the X event (and he wasn't late there because he was just hanging out chatting).

• Informative
Reactions: EValuatED and cdub
Say Hello to Christmas Eve. Santa is about to enter the World in a very big way.

RT

If memory serves me correctly, we need to leave something out for Santa to enjoy. A glass of milk and cookies should do the trick, though my parents also suggested that a couple shots of Seagrams VO would help grease the skids on the Santa's sled..

I totally believed that when I was 5 :)

RT

Status
Not open for further replies.