Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Handover party for first 30 customer Model 3's on (July) 28th!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dvd-playerscreensnapz007.jpg

Just wanted to get in here and post about how excited I am to be a part of something this big. I missed the early reservation line group like most of you - but *sugar* I was 23 at the time ;). Will be a really cool story for many years to come to tell people/children/grandchildren that I was an early supporter and reservation holder in part of something that changed history. Today really is a make or break day for Tesla. They either deliver a car that meets/beats expectations as the entire world is watching, or they miss the boat and lose a great deal of reservation holder money (I suspect bad initial impressions and reviews would hurt customer sentiment). Could be a huge turning point right here, glad to be a part of it with you all.

Im very happy for all of you that are in line to get yours sooner than I am - please do indulge us all and leave comments, videos, reviews, and updates so I don't lose my mind while waiting.

I just hope that this event will be more positive than negative. For the last nine months everything that Elon has said about the model 3 has been negative--no instruments or gauges in front of the driver; it's just going to be a cheaper and inferior version of the model S; instead of the spaceship controls promised it's just going to be the same bland interior you saw 15 months ago.

Drinking game- Take a drink when...
  • Elon (or any speaker) says "Model 3"
  • Elon (or any speaker) says some form of "Charge"
  • Elon (or any speaker) says "autopilot"
  • Elon (or any speaker) says "really"
I'm looking for more ideas; chime in!

Elon (or any speaker) says some form of "Tesla"
Elon (or any speaker) says some form of "Accomplish"
Elon (or any speaker) says some form of "motor"
Elon (or any speaker) says some form of "range"

Reactions: 0ptions
Hoping they give lots of details about prices and packages and availability. Worried they won't.
A little bird told Model 3 Owner's club that max range will surprise. Smart money is on ~315 miles for the big battery range.
Have to say that my own expectation is that there is no "big surprise." As Elon said when asked what the final Model 3 will look like, "You've already seen it."

I too think details will be sparse. They will tell us the smaller battery gets 240, bigger gets 310. Options to start are very limited, no discussion about future options. Celebrate the delivery of the first cars.

A bit more info than that (official look at production model 3).

I just hope that this event will be more positive than negative. SNIP
Wonder if he'll even start on time. Usually very late.
I'm not waiting up.
IMO usually these events have severely lacked any organization / marketing skills.
I went to one in person ... never again.
I find it interesting how many on this thread have the anticipation anxiety "we" used to have years ago while waiting years for our Model S.

So I'll be the first to say, it sounds like the 30 cars on the 28th are hand-assembled cars. As well as the next 100 in August. Then the M3 production line spools up in September for the next 1500 and increasing from there.
If there hand assembled I would be very surprised. I saw a truck load (6) driving north from Santa Barbara on Wed about 9am. Looked like a normal delivery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.