Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook new iON tire, an "EV" tire (not the same as Kinergy GT)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Hankook has new "EV" tires, the iON brand ones.

The iON evo AS comes in the typical Tesla Model 3 tire sizes as 3 of the 6 sizes offered, so the Tesla Model 3 is presumably a target market.

These are different from the Kinergy GT that has been seen as the OEM tire on some 2022 Tesla Model 3.

Reactions: enemji and RSpanner
I bought the tires for my model S a month back. Have 500 miles on them and put a review up on youtube. Love Them!!
Nice. I'm in Texas, so I'm not sure if those (as all seasons) would be the best choice for me. I will never drive in snow/ice, and have been leaning towards the Hankook Ventus S1 EVO3 for my Model 3 AWD with 19" wheels. Those are the only Tesla OEM (I prefer the Tesla specs like acoustic lining, tread width, extra sidewall stability, etc.) summer tires in the 19" size.

Reactions: Park2670
Nice. I'm in Texas, so I'm not sure if those (as all seasons) would be the best choice for me. I will never drive in snow/ice, and have been leaning towards the Hankook Ventus S1 EVO3 for my Model 3 AWD with 19" wheels. Those are the only Tesla OEM (I prefer the Tesla specs like acoustic lining, tread width, extra sidewall stability, etc.) summer tires in the 19" size.

You will love the Ventus S1 EVO3's, I purchased a set back in May 2020 for $473 delivered. In your climate driving at Texas speeds (75-85) efficiency is gonna be about 270-295 Wh/m. I just ordered a set of the iON EVO AS to try out as I have a need for snow use but not bad enough for snow tires.

How did you get them (4?) so cheap?

Luck I guess, when I started my search I found them at giga-tires and couldn't pass them up.

hankook.jpg

Reactions: enemji
The new Hankook Ion Evo's have the acoustic foam liner in them as well, just FYI