Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook new iON tire, an "EV" tire (not the same as Kinergy GT)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just had my Hankook iOns delivered from Wallymart. $202 each plus tax. Shipping included.

Walmart Link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hankook-iON-evo-AS-235-40R19-96W-XL-A-S-High-Performance-Tire/2687973467

Rebate $100 Hankook Rebates

I had missed them when they debuted on Walmart dotcom around 5/1... they were only $177! I hesitated and about 3 days later, I went to buy, it had gone up to $202. They were instock when I ordered on 5/4/2023, but then my order went into back order. it finally shipped and took about 5 days from Missouri to SoCal.

I'll hopefully get them installed this weekend... .not by Walmart though. I'm so ready to get rid of my heavy, stiff, slippery, noisy, Bridgestone Quiettracks.

The market is becoming competitive now! Yay! Bridgestone is releasing an EV-specific tire, made in US and Mexico. All Tesla models plus Mach-E are the target. Not all sizes made at first.

Will be head to head vs the Hankook iON.

Last edited:

The market is becoming competitive now! Yay! Bridgestone is releasing an EV-specific tire, made in US and Mexico. All Tesla models plus Mach-E are the target. Not all sizes made at first.

Will be head to head vs the Hankook iON.
o_O:oops: - that price though is pretty high, but going to be interesting.

i just had my Hankook iOns delivered from Wallymart. $202 each plus tax. Shipping included.

Walmart Link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hankook-iON-evo-AS-235-40R19-96W-XL-A-S-High-Performance-Tire/2687973467

Rebate $100 Hankook Rebates

I had missed them when they debuted on Walmart dotcom around 5/1... they were only $177! I hesitated and about 3 days later, I went to buy, it had gone up to $202. They were instock when I ordered on 5/4/2023, but then my order went into back order. it finally shipped and took about 5 days from Missouri to SoCal.

I'll hopefully get them installed this weekend... .not by Walmart though. I'm so ready to get rid of my heavy, stiff, slippery, noisy, Bridgestone Quiettracks.
That is an excellent price, plus the rebate too. I just submitted a price match request at at Discount Tire, because I prefer to deal with them.

That is an excellent price, plus the rebate too. I just submitted a price match request at at Discount Tire, because I prefer to deal with them.
I submitted a $200.77 price from SpeedyTire to DT Direct. I haven't gotten a response yet, but hoping they match. That price along with the rebate, is an excellent deal. I have never dealt with DT before; they have a good reputation, right?

What? Had no idea you could do that!

Let us know how it goes.

I would have much rather did that and then bought America's tire road Hazzard and such.
Yes, you can!

They responded back within a few hours:

IMG_5667.png

Attachments

• IMG_5666.jpeg
    IMG_5666.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 131
I submitted a $200.77 price from SpeedyTire to DT Direct. I haven't gotten a response yet, but hoping they match. That price along with the rebate, is an excellent deal. I have never dealt with DT before; they have a good reputation, right?
I did speedytire too, Americas Tire said they would price match but included shipping which came out to $40 something per tire. Still an overall savings of about $100 compared to the price on AT's site even including shipping. Going to get these installed here in the next few days!

Reactions: IronQQQ
I have the Hankook EVO Ion AS 235/45/18 on my Model 3 at about 1100 miles now, they've held on very well, super quiet and comfortable. Contemplating getting the same for my 2022 Model X that is on OEM Continental LX and at 12k miles.

Anyone get these for their Model X?

so just an update, on my Hankook Ion 240/40-R19. Definitely a significant improvement over my former Bridgestone not so Quiettracks. Consumption is noticeably down, noise down, a lot the higher frequency harshness is gone, music is clearer when I drive. bumps are soaked up quite a bit more. A large improvement, not night and day though. My 2019 Long Range with 19 inch wheels (40 series tires) is just stiff.

I've only got about 120 miles on them, about 80 freeway and 40 local. I'll report back when I get to a 1,000 miles with some numbers. I kept trip meters running for all my different tire changes, from the OEM Conti's, Bridgestones and now the Hankook Ion.

Installed them today and didnt get the diamond(?) pattern on mine. Looks good tbh, can report back in the next thousand miles or so.

So about 500 miles in, I'd say efficiency is slightly better and should get better as the tire's break in more. Road noise /comfort, tbh i think it's better here as well, but could be due to having old Conti's previously as I had the stocks for 32xxx miles and roughly 2 or 3/32 left on those.
I would recommend these tires as they do look nice.

For those who got the rebate, how long did it take for you to receive it?

I just bought these tires and the lateral grip is horrific. Noise level wasn't great either. The one thing it seemed to do especially well was straight line acceleration, it felt amazing. Overall couldn't handle the lack of lateral grip and had DT swap it out for Pirelli All Season Plus Elect tires, so much better.

Reactions: XPsionic
I just bought these tires and the lateral grip is horrific. Noise level wasn't great either. The one thing it seemed to do especially well was straight line acceleration, it felt amazing. Overall couldn't handle the lack of lateral grip and had DT swap it out for Pirelli All Season Plus Elect tires, so much better.

I’ve driven about 1200 miles on these Hankooks, and my experience definitely differs from yours. Plenty of lateral grip for my spirited driving habits. I’m certainly not tracking my vehicle or driving it like Captain Insano on the street. However, for the occasional spirited driving around town or on country/curvy roads, I certainly do not feel these Hankook’s are lacking in any way during aggressive or sharp cornering/maneuvering.
Perhaps my aftermarket and lowered suspension (MPP Comfort Coilovers) helps in this regard.

I can’t comment on how these Hankooks compare to the Michelin’s or Pirelli’s, since I’ve never had those tires.
But, for my driving habits and needs, I think these Hankooks are a home run. Handles great when needed, and are very quiet & comfortable the rest of the time. Definitely an improvement over my OEM Conti’s.

Of course, everyone’s results and opinions will vary… which is OK and to be expected, especially with something like tires which tend to be somewhat subjective and highly variable from one driver to the next.

One thing is for sure… it’s great that we are starting to see/have more choices for EV specific tires.

Last edited:
Just ordered Hankook ions for my 2022 Model X. Have the 22” wheels and the DWS 06 plus tires are loud. Hollow and whirring noise, didn’t think it was the DWS on my previous car until I put a new set on the new car, same noise on both. Can’t wait to put the Ions on. Will provide feedback on them once I do.

Just ordered a set of the Hankook Ions for my wife's 2018 Model 3 Performance. Wow! They are so smooth and quiet, it's approaching Model S levels. About the same price as a set of Michelin Pilots, around $1300. We bought them from Discount Tire, and once shipped, they were installed in a few hours. Her tires before this were the Falken Azenis FK510, which were about half the price, but a bit noisy.

These tires have total transformed the experience of riding in her M3P. At speeds, all we can hear is the wind, with the faintest roar of the tires.
When the Pirelli's on my 2021 M3P wear out, I'm getting a set.

I put several sets of Hankook Ventus Evo 12 on my Model S P85+, which is RWD, and although it ate tires, the Hankooks were just as good as the Michelin Pilots, at half the price. So, thumbs up to the Hankook brand.

PS No diamond patterns.
IMG_1808.jpg

These tires have total transformed the experience of riding in her M3P. At speeds, all we can hear is the wind, with the faintest roar of the tires.
When the Pirelli's on my 2021 M3P wear out, I'm getting a set.
Are your current Pirellis the PZero Elect EV tuned version? Summer or All season? If so, could you make a comparison between these and the Hankook iONs?

Well, after reading everything, I decided to go for the iON EVO AS tires for fronts at 245/35/21 and rears 265/35/21. I need the AS in my area, I drive spirited more than not, but I don’t track so let’s see how these will do.
I have a Model S with the same size tires as yours, so will be interested to hear your impressions now, one month in. Also it will help to know what your previous tires were.

Thank you.

How are economy/range and performance?
I went from Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season 245/45/18 and my average never dropped below 310 Wh / mile. With the Hankook now, it’s averaging around 260-270 and most of my commute everyday does 240-250. It’s far more efficient.

2018 M3P, total range has dropped from 310 miles to 275 max, now inching up to 280 something. I’m hoping over time it will increase further.

Last edited: