Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the absence of available information/photos/reviews, I'm hoping someone from Hansshow will be able to help answer some of my questions:

- Does the UI show a flashing blue bar at the top of the screen when FSD is warning to keep hands on the wheel?
- What is the 5G connection used for? What do we lose by not using the 5G functionality?
- For CarPlay use, we just need to connect it to our phone via bluetooth, correct?
- Does the sound from this unit output to the cars speakers? Is there an internal speaker on the device?
- Are there additional UI options we can choose from that haven't yet been shown in the photos?
- What is the radar sensing functionality you mentioned in regard to camera activation? This sensing is handled by the camera itself?
- How are firmware updates done for this?
  1. It synchronizes a similar effect to the original car. After entering the assisted driving mode, it will take a full minute before the flashing state (red) appears
  2. meaning it can connect at speeds as fast as a 5G signal.
  3. YES, CarPlay is connected to the phone vis bluetooth.
  4. The screen comes with a speaker and a mic for normal listening and calling. You can also choose to have the phone volume independent. It can also be connected to the car's main unit
  5. There are only 2 UIs provided.
  6. When the front radar senses an obstacle in front, it will switch to the front camera interface.The front camera is activated by driving data on its own. It can also be manually activated. You can also choose to turn it off.
  7. Under no circumstances with the device, for the stable operation of the device, we will not proactively provide firmware updates. Only after the original car system is updated, causing the screen to be unrecognizable or other reasons affecting data, will we provide a firmware update package. Users can update it themselves using a USB flash drive

Join our Black Friday Early Bird Sale with10% cashback, enjoy an exclusive 30% off with code HSTMC And hey, spend over $350 Get your FREE Frunk LED Ambient Light Strip (random color) and a mystery gift . Check out more details on Vendor - Supercharge Your Tesla with Hansshow: Dive into Ultimate Mods & Snag a Free Gift!. Spin the wheel to get a chance to win Macbook Pro, Iphone15 Pro Max and over $100 gift card. Check out more details on Black Friday Specials 🛍️
1697874684020_4488b76cb1b439b5145bb2706504341f.jpg

Last edited:
  1. It synchronizes a similar effect to the original car. After entering the assisted driving mode, it will take a full minute before the flashing state (red) appears
  2. meaning it can connect at speeds as fast as a 5G signal.
  3. YES, CarPlay is connected to the phone vis bluetooth.
  4. The screen comes with a speaker and a mic for normal listening and calling. You can also choose to have the phone volume independent. It can also be connected to the car's main unit
  5. There are only 2 UIs provided.
  6. When the front radar senses an obstacle in front, it will switch to the front camera interface.The front camera is activated by driving data on its own. It can also be manually activated. You can also choose to turn it off.
  7. Under no circumstances with the device, for the stable operation of the device, we will not proactively provide firmware updates. Only after the original car system is updated, causing the screen to be unrecognizable or other reasons affecting data, will we provide a firmware update package. Users can update it themselves using a USB flash drive
Thank you for additional info. Is it possible to change the camera view to fullscreen? Is it possible to show Carplay in fullscreen also?

Don't buy hansshow. They discontinued screens within a few months of release
Yup. I just bought the @Hansshow H6 and I feel its been put aside for the newer ones 6-inch screen. Not to mention my H6 is strting to act weird. For the last few days the screen has been freezing up at least two/three times when I go to work in the morning. Adfditionally, I no longer have the car 'home' screen while in Park, just a solid white screen.

Ive done a few installs of various screens, browser options, etc to get CarPlay to work on a Tesla. This, by far is the best option Ive have installed as of this date.

The Tesla Model 3/Y F68 Carplay Dashboard Touch Screen 6.86" Display from Hansshow is legit! Works amazingly well, comes right on when I enter the vehicle, plays perfectly with the OEM Tesla interface... amazing product!

heck out my install below!

Reactions: Jaceq
Ive done a few installs of various screens, browser options, etc to get CarPlay to work on a Tesla. This, by far is the best option Ive have installed as of this date.

The Tesla Model 3/Y F68 Carplay Dashboard Touch Screen 6.86" Display from Hansshow is legit! Works amazingly well, comes right on when I enter the vehicle, plays perfectly with the OEM Tesla interface... amazing product!

heck out my install below!

I like it, but what keeps me from buying one is software updates. I understand when the car updates the device often stops working until a manual update is done on the device. Kind of like a cat chasing it’s tail.

Is that not correct?

Also, I tried another CarPlay device only so I could have WAZE on the Tesla screen. Set it up and it worked great. The next morning I was starting my 48 mile commute at 3:30am and it needed to be set up again. The following morning it wanted to run through the setup screens for a third time. I promptly returned the device and got a refund.

How does this unit handle power down? Does it remember the settings?

I like it, but what keeps me from buying one is software updates. I understand when the car updates the device often stops working until a manual update is done on the device. Kind of like a cat chasing it’s tail.

Is that not correct?

Also, I tried another CarPlay device only so I could have WAZE on the Tesla screen. Set it up and it worked great. The next morning I was starting my 48 mile commute at 3:30am and it needed to be set up again. The following morning it wanted to run through the setup screens for a third time. I promptly returned the device and got a refund.

How does this unit handle power down? Does it remember the settings?
From my knowledge that I have been following these instrument clusters since late 2022, there has rarely been any tesla update that causes these instrument cluster devices to completely stop working. Some of them have a lot of issues themselves when released (due to them not fully testing and rush releasing it, and they blame it on tesla update without any evidence), but I haven't heard of one instrument cluster display where it was working for 6 months and tesla update causes the display to stop working and reported by a lot of ppl. There may be one or two ppl reporting it, but i don't consider those to be accurate that it is due to tesla update, if that is the case, many ppl should be reporting it at the same time. Now there was a rear passenger display version 1, that causes a lot of issues with tesla update, but that was the only one that I know of).

One suggestion if you are planning to buy is to wait a few months for them to flush out all their bugs. Most of them release their device without fully testing it and they depends on users to report bugs to them and they fix them and release a fixed version. Also don't expect them to continue supporting the device. Once they fixed all initial bugs reported, chances are more than likely that they won't do any additional updates (most likely move onto a new device to release to make more money).

Last edited:
From my knowledge that I have been following these instrument clusters since late 2022, there has rarely been any tesla update that causes these instrument cluster devices to completely stop working. Some of them have a lot of issues themselves when released (due to them not fully testing and rush releasing it, and they blame it on tesla update without any evidence), but I haven't heard of one instrument cluster display where it was working for 6 months and tesla update causes the display to stop working and reported by a lot of ppl. There may be one or two ppl reporting it, but i don't consider those to be accurate that it is due to tesla update, if that is the case, many ppl should be reporting it at the same time. Now there was a rear passenger display version 1, that causes a lot of issues with tesla update, but that was the only one that I know of).

One suggestion if you are planning to buy is to wait a few months for them to flush out all their bugs. Most of them release their device without fully testing it and they depends on users to report bugs to them and they fix them and release a fixed version. Also don't expect them to continue supporting the device. Once they fixed all initial bugs reported, chances are more than likely that they won't do any additional updates (most likely move onto a new device to release to make more money).

Spot on. Ive had a few of these and reviewed them on my YT channel. Never has one been bricked or had bricked the car itself.

So…the new UI is not readily available yet. I inquired to my contact about the updated photos and got the update file sent over for testing.

The software install is LONG (supplied instructions say 20mins, but took closer to 40 mins). It’s three separate update files that require a format of the usb drive for each file in between.

At first I thought the update did not work because the black screen with the car visual is now white and shows the odometer, SOC and time. This cannot be changed. I took it for a quick drive and was able to swap the UIs for the new ones pictured on their site. (The current ones are gone)

The UI is VASTLY improved and way more visible during the day and now there is actually a dedicated setting and UI button in the scroll wheel menu. (Scroll up/down as you would for tire pressure follow distance, etc.)

I was ranting and raving about it until last night I got in my car and my display is now stuck in a vertical orientation and there is nothing I can do to resolve it. I’ve unplugged the MCU cable at the computer and dash individually, unplugged the camera, powered down and on multiple times. It’s stuck and totally unusable and actually very distracting.

I’ve tried reverting to previous software - I get the word “unauthorized” in yellow on the upper corner. I tried reinstalling the new software and while it “installs” I am still in the vertical orientation.

Waiting on software techs to get back to me but I’m hoping the software didn’t brick my display.
Hello.

Did you solved this issue? My screen also 90 degree tilted. :(

So I picked one of these new models up. It arrived days earlier than their website indicated, which was nice. A few notes after a weekend of use:

- the software is fast and the touchscreen is responsive. No complaints at all.
- the camera and CarPlay can both be set to full screen, which is what I’ve done. I’ve gotten used to the Tesla dash and frankly see no need to replicate the speed a few inches away. If I were to use them the dashboard guis are both clean and match the main screen pretty closely.
- I purchased this mostly to use the camera for parking and CarPlay. Both work great. CarPlay starts automatically and launches Waze automatically, which is my primary use case. The camera launches automatically when my ‘22 Model Y approaches an obstacle or when I hold the right scroll wheel.
- the use of the right scroll wheel doesn’t interfere with FSD beta, much. The menu pops up but as I only trigger the camera when approaching a parking space it’s not a big deal. Settings are reset with each drive anyway, and I’m always setting it to stay in lane with each drive start anyway.
- Waze warnings play through the little built in speaker which is great actually as it doesn’t interfere with the main stereo. The sound isn’t particularly good, but it’s adequate for the occasional warning.

My one complaint is with the brightness. Hansshow team: can you please give us the ability to dim the display further at night in a future software release, should one ever occur. Ideally, very close to the backlight being off as long as we can still see the screen a little bit to get back to the settings menus.

The screen is currently substantially brighter than the main Tesla display even on the lowest setting. Bonus points if we could get a menu to change the color temp so it could be set to match the warmer Tesla display, but this is minor compared to the brightness.

This is my first screen of this type, but I have to admit that it does everything I was looking for, and does it well. My only reservation is on the brightness which really is a distraction at night. Even in daytime mode I have it set to 25% or so.

Reactions: Jaceq
So I picked one of these new models up. It arrived days earlier than their website indicated, which was nice. A few notes after a weekend of use:

- the software is fast and the touchscreen is responsive. No complaints at all.
- the camera and CarPlay can both be set to full screen, which is what I’ve done. I’ve gotten used to the Tesla dash and frankly see no need to replicate the speed a few inches away. If I were to use them the dashboard guis are both clean and match the main screen pretty closely.
- I purchased this mostly to use the camera for parking and CarPlay. Both work great. CarPlay starts automatically and launches Waze automatically, which is my primary use case. The camera launches automatically when my ‘22 Model Y approaches an obstacle or when I hold the right scroll wheel.
- the use of the right scroll wheel doesn’t interfere with FSD beta, much. The menu pops up but as I only trigger the camera when approaching a parking space it’s not a big deal. Settings are reset with each drive anyway, and I’m always setting it to stay in lane with each drive start anyway.
- Waze warnings play through the little built in speaker which is great actually as it doesn’t interfere with the main stereo. The sound isn’t particularly good, but it’s adequate for the occasional warning.

My one complaint is with the brightness. Hansshow team: can you please give us the ability to dim the display further at night in a future software release, should one ever occur. Ideally, very close to the backlight being off as long as we can still see the screen a little bit to get back to the settings menus.

The screen is currently substantially brighter than the main Tesla display even on the lowest setting. Bonus points if we could get a menu to change the color temp so it could be set to match the warmer Tesla display, but this is minor compared to the brightness.

This is my first screen of this type, but I have to admit that it does everything I was looking for, and does it well. My only reservation is on the brightness which really is a distraction at night. Even in daytime mode I have it set to 25% or so.
That was a very good comprehensive review. Thank you.
Just three more questions:
1. I understand yours is 22Y, and maybe it has USS. In the latest 23MYLR, the only way to activate is by long pressing right scroll wheel?
2. Does the scroll wheel work on moving between different carplay apps, or do we have to do with touch only?
3. You say Waze audio comes thru built in speaker. Does that happen for any other apps, even after selecting the audio to route through Tesla audio?

Thanks in advance.

That was a very good comprehensive review. Thank you.
Just four more questions:
1. I understand yours is 22Y, and maybe it has USS. In the latest 23MYLR, the only way to activate is by long pressing right scroll wheel?
2. Does the scroll wheel work on moving between different carplay apps, or do we have to do with touch only?
3. You say Waze audio comes thru built in speaker. Does that happen for any other apps, even after selecting the audio to route through Tesla audio?
Thanks in advance.
True. If the backlight stays too bright, it will be a huge distraction and hope they can fix it.
Also, I'm ok to try removing the front dash for running wires. But removing the center console or saddle to power it up makes me feel little nervous to consider. Will that be easy and non damaging?