Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
alright so for anyone without the rear shelf speakers thinking of installing the hansshow provided ones, the cable for those speakers is too short and will not reach the dsp, or you will have to put the dsp under the passenger seat in a way that passenger might be able to kick it and damage it, i was lucky to have a whole shelf from a 2019 with the speakers that ibought of ebay and used those instead and replaced the whole shelf, also another problem with the hansshow speakers is that at least on my 08/2020 model 3 sr+ the grill for the rear speakers was just show and right under the grill was like built in foam not a hole, so even is some how i made the cables long enough to work the speakers themsleves would not be able to be placed there, will update a picture of the under side of the 2020 shelf to show the foam. still putting all the trim back im place and playing with the channel crossings. so beware of thinking youcan install those version E speakers, the shelf on your car might require some cutting and modiffying that i did not want to attempt because it looked like it would not work anyway
DSP should be under the passenger seat and you’ll be fine with 2 rear surround speakers. The cable will be long enough. Place the DSP with its connectors side facing forward and not the rear passenger so cables won’t get kicked. Put some velcro underneath. Again, you can just use double side adhesive tape to fix the 2 rear surround speakers on the shelf. Personally, I don’t mind this way since I rarely look at the rear shelf deck behind. And I don’t mind that these 2 little guys are not hiding.

DSP should be under the passenger seat and you’ll be fine with 2 rear surround speakers. The cable will be long enough. Place the DSP with its connectors side facing forward and not the rear passenger so cables won’t get kicked. Put some velcro underneath. Again, you can just use double side adhesive tape to fix the 2 rear surround speakers on the shelf. Personally, I don’t mind this way since I rarely look at the rear shelf deck behind. And I don’t mind that these 2 little guys are not hiding.

i already had the other shelf i bought with the original speakers so I used that one, I had already bought it because i originally ordered the pro version and they ended up making the version E after i ordered the shelf and the pro version, so worked out nicely for me that way, otherwise i would have probably skipped the shelf speakers, would have not minded them being out, but definitely would have minded the amp by someones feet actually ended putting it under the center console, and not that i have a lot of passengers but in my experience people are not that carefull. but you are correct that is definitely one way to do it

Yeah, I was actually looking at that kicker and their matching sub amp and a 10" low profile box in the sub trunk. Shouldn't be too hard to wire up either, just hack a Hansshow DIY harness.

If you are to hack the HS, you should hack the Tesla Offer harness instead. From todd2fst4u and another member:
4E13A5DB-B58A-4D1D-AB74-1CCB7A84501E.jpeg
34293CCF-008D-4A93-8180-2AB3E7C43809.png

i already had the other shelf i bought with the original speakers so I used that one, I had already bought it because i originally ordered the pro version and they ended up making the version E after i ordered the shelf and the pro version, so worked out nicely for me that way, otherwise i would have probably skipped the shelf speakers, would have not minded them being out, but definitely would have minded the amp by someones feet actually ended putting it under the center console, and not that i have a lot of passengers but in my experience people are not that carefull. but you are correct that is definitely one way to do it
I found impossible to put the DSP under the center console unless you have to lift up the whole carpet. And in case you want to check the wires or add anything or work on to the DSP later, you have to take out the panels, carpet again...

I found impossible to put the DSP under the center console unless you have to lift up the whole carpet. And in case you want to check the wires or add anything or work on to the DSP later, you have to take out the panels, carpet again...

Yes that is correct, if I ever want to make changes or adjust I will have to do that, but I like that clean look better, hopefully I don't have to go in there often,lol, I know I will go in there during the Christmas season when I have more time to see some of the other settings in the software, but for now I am very satisfied with overall result

I have a couple modified harnesses I can sell. These are designed to be fully plug and play with an Alpine KTP-445u and a Rockford Fosgate R2-250X1 to power an OEM subwoofer. Everything installed gets hidden just like OEM, not under the seat. Contact me for details.
987BBA24-AF84-4C5F-BD8E-8B0B06B727C0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kiNGng3
I did the manual adjustment with their software, I had done it before they released the software update, so I had to manually map the channels

Do you have any washout of the bass on higher toned bass? I am going to look for a file to play and to send to you where I am experiencing some issues to see if it's just me!

I am going to try the new settings they sent me tonight to see if that improves it.

Are your signals and chimes back to full volume? I tried using navigation for the first time last night since I installed and on the lowest setting it was pretty loud and very hollow!

Do you have any washout of the bass on higher toned bass? I am going to look for a file to play and to send to you where I am experiencing some issues to see if it's just me!

I am going to try the new settings they sent me tonight to see if that improves it.

Are your signals and chimes back to full volume? I tried using navigation for the first time last night since I installed and on the lowest setting it was pretty loud and very hollow!

a little washout no too much, i set the fader so its a little towards the back and towards the passenger side, like the center of the circle is just behing the inner shoulder of the passenger seat image.

super loud chimes, which i find annoying at best, but once i turned joe mode one they toned down, still louder than normal joe mode i think, but now they dont bother me anymore, but honestly I am very pleased with the investment, music is definitely louder and the immersion mode now really feels like the sound moves around the car

I did the manual adjustment with their software, I had done it before they released the software update, so I had to manually map the channels

Can you post your configuration file settings? I'd like to try them out to see if it makes a difference. I have found that some songs sound really great. If there is a lot of deep bass, like in your video, however, if the bass is higher it's totally washed out and just lots of high tones.

I found a spotify playlist called Frequency Bass Test Tones which lets you play songs at 5hz increments. Starting at 5 and going all the way up to 100. It's not until about 25 or 30 that I start getting bass tones at around 40hz the bass sounds great. My teeth are rattling!

I just got my kit today and am starting to probe the harness. So far I think I have an understanding on why there are some odd bass issues when fading/etc.

The 4-pin high-level input for the subwoofer appears to have two wires that connect to the Right front door woofer, and then 1 wire that connects to the right rear door speaker (+), and the other to the right dash speaker (-). That doesn't seem right at all to me, but that would explain why originally when Alienator faded front left he was getting good bass (because it was reversed). My reference I'm using to the ICE connector is the one that people figured out on the TeslaOnline forum for the TO harness.

I found a spotify playlist called Frequency Bass Test Tones which lets you play songs at 5hz increments. Starting at 5 and going all the way up to 100. It's not until about 25 or 30 that I start getting bass tones at around 40hz the bass sounds great. My teeth are rattling!

As far i now from previous cars and subs, most of them cant do under 20hz anything under that you cant even hear just feel, and i doubt this one or any equally sized and priced will produce enough thump for you to feel, which makes sense why you start to hear at about 25, you can find some stuff to read about that online.