Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

Swamprat96

Mar 23, 2020
Central coast nsw
Hi guys, I will buy soon Hansshow Version F.
But I want to use original Tesla speakers on the rear. So I will buy Version F, and 2 rear original speakers on eBay.

I will drill the rear desk on my SR+ 2021.
But there is a question. I will just have the Hansshow wire. It isn’t the right connector. It is just for Hansshow rear speakers.
Do you think I can solder red and black wire on original speakers ?

View attachment 652134
Yes I got OEMs and soldered without issues

CigarMoose

Apr 14, 2021
Montreal, Canada
What an awesome thread! Getting my 2021 SR+ end of next month (hopefully) and thanks to all the comments, will be installing the "version F". Any tips or trick that one might want to know before attempting the install? Thanks!

Goodtohave

Mar 16, 2019
Canada
As a fellow Montreal er they sell the Basenor diy harness on Amazon Canada.

You can add amps and a sub with no cutting of wires in the car bu cutting into a DIY harness.

Much better quality. I put a fosgate sub and alpine amp.

tlr1000

Jun 14, 2018
Vancouver
DTCspeaker
10% off confirms it works for the audio upgrade.
Other coupon codes don’t seem to work for audio.
Hopefully someone knows of a bigger discount.
Call them up. They seem to be quite negotiable. My friend contacted them and negotiated 25% off. Maybe he was lucky but they seem to be a company that is quite motivated to make sales.

Reactions: CigarMoose

Hjalti

Nov 6, 2020
Akureyri, Iceland
Did you verify that the DSP is powered on?
Thanks. Actually the switch was set to DC instead of ACC so now the rear door speakers work but their balance is reversed. Hansshow some months ago published a file with updated settings for the DSP in version B. I wonder if that update fixed that balance-problem?

Swamprat96

Mar 23, 2020
Central coast nsw
Just ordered version F a couple of days ago for my 2021 sr+
Super stoked on this!
For those with a 2021 SR+, Hansshow just posted a tutorial on how to install Version F:

For those with a 2021 SR+, Hansshow just posted a tutorial on how to install Version F:
Interesting how they mount those rear speakers. I know why now because removing that rear shelf to add the originals back in is so much work for very little return. Gotta say their kit is looking much better now

badiban

Nov 26, 2019
Texas
Curious for those with Version F, how far have you turned the gain up on your subwoofer? I have the bass sliders set to 8.0 and 5.5 in the software, and the gain at around 60%. Would 75% or higher risk blowing the subwoofer out? LPF is still at 80 Hz.

nametaken

Oct 18, 2020

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC