Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

HKP_Tom

Apr 5, 2018
Essex
I spoke to hansshow and am still none the wiser regarding if I can add a DIY lead to a 2021 and use the rear shelf speakers from my 2019 which I took out...!

badiban

Nov 26, 2019
Texas
I recently installed the 2021 DIY kit to my Model 3, and I can barely tell a difference between the original sound system and this new one with the a-pillar speakers. I know the speakers work because if I open the doors, I can hear them, but they create just a little bit of noise. Is there anything wrong with my setup?

It should be a pretty significant difference. You should check your connections to the tweeters to make sure they are solid.

HGS100

May 29, 2021
Dallas, Tx
It should be a pretty significant difference. You should check your connections to the tweeters to make sure they are solid.
Do the a-pillar speakers make a lot of noise or a decent amount? I checked again today and it seems that the speakers got a little louder. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to expect from the speakers.

badiban

Nov 26, 2019
Texas
Do the a-pillar speakers make a lot of noise or a decent amount? I checked again today and it seems that the speakers got a little louder. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to expect from the speakers.

Should be able to hear it if you put your ear up to them. Sitting normally, it's hard to tell the difference.

HGS100

May 29, 2021
Dallas, Tx
Should be able to hear it if you put your ear up to them. Sitting normally, it's hard to tell the difference.
Thank you for this information, it turns out my a-pillar speakers make a good amount of sound when I put my ear up to them, however they do seem to blend in with the other speakers when sitting normally. I just wanted to make sure that I didn’t do anything wrong in the installation and that everything works as intended.

• Love
Reactions: badiban

adr7

Feb 26, 2020
Toronto
Hello guys,

The version F DSP has 3 settings on the back, ACC/OFF/DC. Is it supposed to be on ACC or DC and by putting it in OFF does it simply bypass the amplifier?
Is disconnecting the 12V battery necessary before starting the process?

Thanks so much.

Stinvil93

Jun 11, 2021
Florida
Hi guys. I have a 2021 Tesla model 3 SR+ which I took delivery on June 12. Did Tesla change the wiring or has anyone who recently picked the new radar-less Model 3 SR+ Other then myself try to install the version F hansshow premium sound system without any issue. Everything has been connected I tripled checked my connections and I am only getting sound in just the two front door speakers. Nothing from the rear speakers and nothing from the rear surround or sub. Also the speakers that are deactivated did not activate. I am not to sure if Tesla updated the audio harness or if the hansshow harness for the version F is the issue. Waiting for a reply back as to a fix. I have it unplugged for now until I get an update from them.

kiNGng3

Aug 14, 2019
Vancouver
My Dad just got a Model 3 Performance and I cannot tell a difference between the sound in his car and my SR+ with the DIY install.

Literally sounds the same, which is great! The bass doesn't even sound any different from the rear either, I'm surprised.

Now, I can absolutely tell a difference in acceleration, but that's a different topic 🥲
Something wrong with your ears 😂 because my Model Y LR is amazing sounding!

marc4728

Jun 23, 2021
canada
Hi guys. I have a 2021 Tesla model 3 SR+ which I took delivery on June 12. Did Tesla change the wiring or has anyone who recently picked the new radar-less Model 3 SR+ Other then myself try to install the version F hansshow premium sound system without any issue. Everything has been connected I tripled checked my connections and I am only getting sound in just the two front door speakers. Nothing from the rear speakers and nothing from the rear surround or sub. Also the speakers that are deactivated did not activate. I am not to sure if Tesla updated the audio harness or if the hansshow harness for the version F is the issue. Waiting for a reply back as to a fix. I have it unplugged for now until I get an update from them.
I also have a radar-less model 3. They sent me a firmware update for the DSP, all the speakers were working.. and then channels 1-4 stopped working.
been waiting for the whatsapp guy to reply, they are very slow

guggie1

Sep 4, 2020
NY
Ya? I have to say that was the most annoying part, other than that it was a breeze.

And I do have the rear speakers. Seemed pretty straight forward following the video, maybe I will attempt this myself
If I can install it, you can too.
I just installed the DIY harness, in my 2020 SR +, in 1 hour 45 minutes. I took my time, I broke down a YouTube install video ( watched each section a couple of times before I touched anything) It probably could be done in an hour, but I'm old and can't keep myself in a twisted position for to long...lol. No rear shelf speakers. I love the sound of the Dead Daisies Like No Other pumping thru the car. Enjoy.

Reactions: Mr X

HGS100

May 29, 2021
Dallas, Tx
Do the deactivated speakers in the a-pillar sound like the ones in the long range? I read on one reddit forum that the speakers will activate but will not give the same immersive experience as the LR, because it will not be driven into the audio system properly. Is this true?

Stinvil93

Jun 11, 2021
Florida
I also have a radar-less model 3. They sent me a firmware update for the DSP, all the speakers were working.. and then channels 1-4 stopped working.
been waiting for the whatsapp guy to reply, they are very slow
They also sent me the update also but now only speaker behind the touchscreen works everything else is off. They are very slow to respond. All that I got from them is that they are working on a fix. I don’t think the 2021 harness they have is compatible with the radar-less Model3 as of yet and it is not a plug and play scenario as of now. Hoping they can send a new one out or offer a solution.

GregoryK

May 15, 2021
Canada
I just installed this system on my M3 without radar. Only has 100km on it!
Every speaker works in mine, but honestly I think the sub is not worth it. I put JL Audio C5 4" speakers in the parcel shelf. The whole system is way too powerful and bassy. Mind you I have not put the seats back together yet, so the sub is in the same room.
Overall it sounds pretty good. I think I just need to get the DSP software and adjust it for the 4" rear speaker as opposed to the ones in the kit - which are really tweeters by the looks of them.
I don't remember the LR being overly bassy. So there is work to do.

GregoryK

May 15, 2021
Canada
Tech Support is no existent. The guys who speak English have zero tech knowledge or are not allowed to give advice (likely the last). They always "have to check with an engineer. The engineers only work during the day so there is a large delay....

Zacster

Sep 11, 2017
NYC
So let me get straight what I don't have in my 2021 (Late Feb) SR+:
No Subwoofer
No Read Deck speakers
No rear amplifier
No A2B connector at front end, so I can't just add a used amp/sub from another Tesla
No door tweeter taps/wiring at front end, so I don't have the "immersion" function.

And if I understand correctly, anything I add needs to be tapped from a full range signal, i.e. the front door speakers, in which case I lose the separate control for them.

Question then, does the rear door speaker have full range going to it? And should these be tapped if I were to put rear shelf speakers?

Am I correct in any or all of this?

GregoryK

May 15, 2021
Canada
I just sat in my car for a time and played and listened. These cables are rubbish. First off my new rear parcel shelf speaker is not getting a signal from the amp. The speaker works if I hook it up to the left channel.
The front door speakers are hooked up to the rear channels. So there is no true fade front to back. I doubt there is an easy fix for this. I would guess you need new harnesses to fix the problems.
I am going to see if they will take mine back. I just buy Todd's harness and a couple of amps.
I have spent too much time on this already.

Reactions: todd2fst4u

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC