Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone's looking for an installer in Toronto, Lockdownsecurity installed the Power trunk in my Model 3. I reached out to them to inquire if they'd perform installations for this audio system upgrade and they confirmed that they can do it.

FYI.
Version C. Here is the amp layout diagram (see below)

Also, the DSP's in all the versions have a built in AMP. So Version C has 2 amps and no DSP and Version D has 1 AMP and 1 DSP.. That's probably why D is more expensive.

Also, the amps work in parallel with the factory amp so its good.

cic.jpg

I’m waiting VERSION E without rear speakers.
But I still don’t know what are the difference between my version with 1 DSP (31 segment) and the other version (2 AMP or 1 DSP + 1 AMP or 2 AMP).
Can someone (maybe hansshow) answers me?
Thanks

• Helpful
Reactions: badiban
I think they are chasing a bit of a moving target as they reinvent/refine their packages. So that's one problem.

The other is translation. Again, we might help them out by saying what we need, rather than just saying "this is bad." But that's not easy, I realize. I don't know how to help because I honestly don't know what they're trying to say. For example, I have a 2020 with the premium system already. What options or recommendations are there for me? No clue from the site.

Here's a list of issues I sent to them:
  • An approach that focuses less on versions and more on “here is what I have, and what is missing.” This could easily be done by just having a table of all the stock configurations of the stereo system there are, and listing a pair of Hansshow packages that makes that system “better” or “best” and then states why/how it is better.

• Emphasize the benefits of electronic crossovers versus passive crossovers
  • It would be great to get some real data that lists what changes there are relative to a stock OEM Premium sound system:
  1. dB readings
  2. Frequency response
  3. Additional control over tone (stock only has 5-band graphic EQ, but Hansshow has _-band EQ)
  4. If your system intends to replace stock speakers with your own, listing relative efficiency or other figures that make your speakers better
  • If your subwoofer replaces the stock subwoofer, how is it better? If it is to be used in addition to the stock subwoofer, what is the effect?
  • Your advertising lists, for example, “DSP with 15 segments” but I don’t know what that means. Is it a 15-channel graphic equalizer? Or does the amplifier have 15 channels? Or something else?
  • “High quality transport” in the amplifier - I’m not clear on what you are trying to convey there.
  • You show two different DSP modules, both of which list “15 segments.” What is the difference?

Reactions: moa999 and badiban
They need to update their page BIG TIME

I can agree with that. As a former installer of things car audio, I would assume that as you go up in price, you go up in quality and/or power(not always the same) . So that being said, you can expect to get more sound with the cheaper packages than your sr+ had, and more sound with better quality with each upgrade from a to b to c etc.

But you can also say what you will about assumptions..

Overload on options is also not always the best way to saturate the market.

There are many customers who want the audio upgrade without rear speakers.
I would like to give some of our suggestions here.

Why I suggest you choose our rear speakers? Especially for Version E
1. Our speakers were made base on Ranger Rover speakers to adjust. It's excellent to keep sound reproduction and improve the midrange sound effect.
2. The rear surround speakers is made by the famous speaker's brand " bose " OEM factory, to achieve the diamond level upgrade.
3. Only cost a few dozen dollars more will bring your upgrade to a new level. It's worth the price.

All in all, our rear speakers quality is much better than the original car. Anyway, it's up to your choice.

Has anyone who has installed the DIY harness in their SR+ Notice they are getting vocals from the tweeters? I plugged everything in and it just did not sound good and i could hear muted vocals coming from the tweeters. I ended up unplugging the two wire’s on each front side (not sure which speakers these actually go to). After doing that it sounded much better with just the rear speakers activated.