Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered Version B (same sub as E). I'm told it will be an 8*8 sub, and yes I'm hoping it is comparable to the 10" one the were offering. Worst-case I figure I'll have the wiring and DSP and can always swap-out the sub later if I'm really not satisfied. Or maybe even try to find a deal on the stock subwoofer.

If you swap out the self amplified 8" subwoofer from HS and replace it with the OEM subwoofer, you'll need an amplifier to power it.

True, but the stock sub also has an amp. Just need to get the whole assembly and not sub-only.

True, but the OEM amp in the premium system also powers some speakers as well. Might be better off to get your own mini amp (Alpine KTP-445U) or mono amp to power the OEM subwoofer?

The HS 8" subwoofer looks remarkably like the Alpine PWE-S8 in size and appearance.

I, like you also ordered version B with an eye out to potentially swap out the components in the future.

H
True, but the OEM amp in the premium system also powers some speakers as well. Might be better off to get your own mini amp (Alpine KTP-445U) or mono amp to power the OEM subwoofer?

The HS 8" subwoofer looks remarkably like the Alpine PWE-S8 in size and appearance.

I, like you also ordered version B with an eye out to potentially swap out the components in the future.
Hi, did you finish the installation?

You ordered VERSION E with or without rear surround speakers?
Your SR+ has the stock ones?

Have you seen that the DSP has to be installed under the passenger seat or in the hole under the center console?

Came with the rear speakers and yes my SR+ has the rear deck already. I know the DSP goes under the passenger seat and you will too as the wiring naturally feeds you there. There's not enough slack to reach the console.

I actually ordered the package B for myself. I'm helping to install the package E. The install for package B-E is no difference except for the amplifiers.

Last edited:
Came with the rear speakers and yes my SR+ has the rear deck already. I know the DSP goes under the passenger seat and you will too as the wiring naturally feeds you there. There's not enough slack to reach the console.

I actually ordered the package B for myself. I'm helping to install the package E. The install for package B-E is no difference except for the amplifiers.
So you will change your stock speakers with the ones that hansshow sent you?
I think that if you maintain your stock speakers, you don’t need to use this wires...am I right?

Attachments

• B6C77002-63CF-4D65-9E71-041144BB172A.jpeg
    B6C77002-63CF-4D65-9E71-041144BB172A.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 143
That's my take on it, as well. Though I don't really need a big thump. I'm mainly just lookin for a sub to help round out the bass.

Exactly what I bought it for. My previous car (Cadillac CTS) had a sub and I really noticed the difference when going to the SR+. The sound quality is excellent in the Tesla, just missing some deeper bass to round it out and give some more feeling to the music. Not an audiophile, but enjoy nice sound.

Out of curiosity, how does the subwoofer get power? I’m debating getting a JL Audio Microsub, and the Hansshow DIY kit separately. I’m just worried about 12V errors that some people have gotten with aftermarket audio upgrades, especially with powering subwoofers.

Out of curiosity, how does the subwoofer get power? I’m debating getting a JL Audio Microsub, and the Hansshow DIY kit separately. I’m just worried about 12V errors that some people have gotten with aftermarket audio upgrades, especially with powering subwoofers.

It gets power from the 12V penthouse.
Only bummer about the DIY is no DSP and rear speakers (I’ll need those on the 2021)

• Helpful
Reactions: badiban
Anyone else got the DIY cable harness only that looks nothing like the installation video? Mine looks nothing like it and there are only two signal plugs...

Attachments

• IMG-20201111-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20201111-WA0008.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG-20201110-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20201110-WA0002.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 90