Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving this morning, listening to music at a very low volume, I heard a loud bang in the front speakers and now only the rear speakers work.

Seems like my DSP is dead after something like 2 to 3 hours of total use (I don’t drive my car very often at the moment)

First the broken sub fixation, then the all around lower sound quality, now that...

Discussed quite a bit on the official tesla forums.
Loud Speaker Pop then no sound from some speakers

Looks like a reboot using the scroll wheels fixed it

Last edited:
While driving this morning, listening to music at a very low volume, I heard a loud bang in the front speakers and now only the rear speakers work.

Seems like my DSP is dead after something like 2 to 3 hours of total use (I don’t drive my car very often at the moment)

First the broken sub fixation, then the all around lower sound quality, now that...

Check the power cable going to the DSP if you have the older version of the DSP that gets mounted beside the subwoofer. The power cable fell out for me when I went over a bump a week ago. Plugged it back in and everything worked again and expected.

@William_Chan I just received the Hansshow Premium Audio Upgrade Version E. I am disappointed I received the very short lived 5x8" sub and I'm wondering if I have any options to change this. I also wonder if this package is one that has known issues or if that was a software thing and the wiring harness with mine is the same as the newest Version E? Is there a way I can contact you directly? I have not talked to anyone at Hansshow yet. I received this kit maybe a week ago.
View attachment 611641

To contact Hansshow just using WhatsApp: +86 15622716775

Attachments

• 84df3d6786a2a2ae24a759b64f31fa9.png
    84df3d6786a2a2ae24a759b64f31fa9.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Hello MexiCanuck, I'm also on Vancouver Island (in Victoria), have ordered Version F, will need an installer (I've decided to do the rear shelf speaker install), and will keep watch here for further information.
I’m also on Vancouver Island and contacted Hansshow to see if there was an installer in the Nanaimo area since Victoria was a stretch. Cici replied “Yes, we have installer in Vancouver, you could contact Alan 6045633332 to help for your installation.” which leads me to believe that the Victoria installer does not do the audio upgrade. With so many issues reported I would only feel comfortable buying the kit if there was a professional installer available on the island.
Thanks MexiCanuck for your PM on the Victoria installer. For some reason I've not been able to PM you back. I've been in contact with Cici regarding an installer in Nanaimo (EcstasyAudio) whom we've both contacted to see if he'd be willing to do installs for central islanders - waiting to hear back.

I ordered version b without rear speakers as well but havnt received it yet. Does that cable activate the oem rear speakers? It looks like they cut it

Yes it's for the version B OEM rear speaker activation. Looks like HS cut it for me and heat shrinked it to outgoing wires for their aftermarket rear deck speakers which I don't have.

I mean it's an easy fix by connecting them back but I was wondering who else had theirs cut from HS?

Yes it's for the version B OEM rear speaker activation. Looks like HS cut it for me and heat shrinked it to outgoing wires for their aftermarket rear deck speakers which I don't have.

I mean it's an easy fix by connecting them back but I was wondering who else had theirs cut from HS?

Wow. Weird. My wires in version E were separate. They were attached to a clip that plugged into Channel 5 and 6 on the DSP.

Wow. Weird. My wires in version E were separate. They were attached to a clip that plugged into Channel 5 and 6 on the DSP.

Version E DSP have separate channel outputs for the rear speakers so in theory you can add them to your existing rear deck speakers. Version B doesn't have those outputs.

To me, I didn't think the price difference between B to E was justified. I could be totally wrong but I'll let you guys know when I install.

Last edited: