Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, what they have done is to snip the leads feeding into the plug that feed the rear speakers and have then connected a longer length of wire so that they can connect the speakers in their kit. Not great for those of us who want to use our existing speakers. It would have been better if they had just tapped in to those wires rather than cutting them.

That is extremely unfortunate. I barely have the time to install the harness myself (but I was going to do it), let alone fix this up (and to have confidence in my fix-up work!). I've already commented to them via WhatsApp about this situation, as I'm not pleased.

I installed the B kit last night, and the cable is cut, but I have the SR + version manufactured before Feb 2020 so with the rear speakers already installed and I sent the hardness already cut so the speakers already installed do not not working, I would have to reconnect but the length of wires they left is preventing me, I would have to change the entire connector.
Someones know where I can found this kind of connecter to replace the wire correctelly ...
The harness cut off for Hansshow rear speakers.
If you did not order the rear speakers, please cut off the 4 wires.
reconnect the 4 wires to the rear plug wires back, according to the wire color.
White to white, gray to gray.
White with black connect to white with black, gray with black connect to gray with black.

Attachments

• Rear plug (2).png
    Rear plug (2).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
White with black connect to white with black, gray with black connect to gray with black.
Apparently the wires on your side seem longer than mine and you can solder the wires together but mine are shorter and I won't be able to tie them together

But I admit that the sound is really different, the sound more elegant and better defined, I love the sound that it produces and is superior to my expectations, I wish you have time to do, hopfully you can do the DIY is better than other system I haded before ..

It is not realistic to ask people who buy your product to rearrange the cable as you state. It assumes we have the skill and confidence to make these changes and that we accept the risk of doing damage to our expensive cars. The cable should be shipped to work as is, not requiring additional soldering or expertise.

Does that connector not plug into the plug that came in the car, or are the wires going into that plug incorrect? What is the resolution to this problem?
I have not yet found a solution to my problem and I find that the wire which joins the DSP under the passenger seat does not seem long enough, I will have to remove all my wire to find the lousse and have more wires to have the DPS under the passenger seat

These two rear surround speakers Hansshow is including, does anyone know if they are better or worse than the stock rear surrounds? I heard someone mention they were “cheaper”, but I’d like to know an actual comparison. I may opt out of their option for these and install higher end 4” speakers in their place. I of course have no existing rear shelf surrounds to begin with.

I did not realize how important it is to have the fader and balance set correctly until I tried emissions mode today. This will not work correctly if you do not have the settings and wires correct. Even after all the channel remapping it's still off in the back. How will I entertain the children now?

• Funny
Reactions: tlr1000
It is not realistic to ask people who buy your product to rearrange the cable as you state. It assumes we have the skill and confidence to make these changes and that we accept the risk of doing damage to our expensive cars. The cable should be shipped to work as is, not requiring additional soldering or expertise.
As I've mentioned before, they should spend a bit more time on R&D to ensure everything works as designed so buyers don't waste so much time researching and fixing issues that shouldn't be there in the first place. A few posts back someone mentioned a professional installer gave a quote. If the paid installer started putting in one of these kits without reading some of the solutions here, they will end up either eating extra hours needed to solve the issues or charge the customer for the extra time - neither is good.

I did not realize how important it is to have the fader and balance set correctly until I tried emissions mode today. This will not work correctly if you do not have the settings and wires correct. Even after all the channel remapping it's still off in the back. How will I entertain the children now?
This is probably the single most important over-site! You will end up blaming the wrong person.

As I've mentioned before, they should spend a bit more time on R&D to ensure everything works as designed so buyers don't waste so much time researching and fixing issues that shouldn't be there in the first place. A few posts back someone mentioned a professional installer gave a quote. If the paid installer started putting in one of these kits without reading some of the solutions here, they will end up either eating extra hours needed to solve the issues or charge the customer for the extra time - neither is good.
It was me who got the quotes and I totally agree with you. I’ve done all the reading and I’ll pass on the knowledge to them as they install. I’m quite proficient when audio and computers so I’ll inform them in exchange for their time lol! I think it’s a pretty good deal.

Reactions: tlr1000
It was me who got the quotes and I totally agree with you. I’ve done all the reading and I’ll pass on the knowledge to them as they install. I’m quite proficient when audio and computers so I’ll inform them in exchange for their time lol! I think it’s a pretty good deal.

A few things for them to be prepared to answer too.... anything coming out of the front speakers is amplified quite a bit. This means signal, sensor chimes, text message alert, phone calls, emissions mode etc. It can be quite jarring compared to what he sound levels were before.

I agree with the posters above. This should have been tested more thoroughly before selling at the price it's at. I feel like I was a guinea pig and trying things out. I bought the kit so it would be plug and play!

Reactions: Hayden
let everyone know how it goes. bonne chance!
That’s the plan, I’m crossing my fingers everything goes well because I want to write a detailed review of the system. I find there isn’t a solid review for Tesla owners to refer to. I’ve tried asking a local member for his thoughts and got only the very simple answer “good”. Hopefully I’ll be able to help others out and make it easier for them to decide :D

A few things for them to be prepared to answer too.... anything coming out of the front speakers is amplified quite a bit. This means signal, sensor chimes, text message alert, phone calls, emissions mode etc. It can be quite jarring compared to what he sound levels were before.

I agree with the posters above. This should have been tested more thoroughly before selling at the price it's at. I feel like I was a guinea pig and trying things out. I bought the kit so it would be plug and play!
See I’ve read what the solutions might be but there aren’t any solid before and after notes. I want to get it done so I can get to the solutions lol! I don’t mind trial and error diagnostics so it could be fun lol... or it could be a headache :p my goal is also to find some people in Montréal to compare and contrast with too!

That’s the plan, I’m crossing my fingers everything goes well because I want to write a detailed review of the system. I find there isn’t a solid review for Tesla owners to refer to. I’ve tried asking a local member for his thoughts and got only the very simple answer “good”. Hopefully I’ll be able to help others out and make it easier for them to decide :D

There aren't any solid reviews just yet because it's just that. Good. I think it can be much better with adjustments to the DSP, but I am not expert on that. That's why I made videos and tried really hard to get this working well enough to encourage others to do the same and help the community.