Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the rear right side of the car, between the back seat and the side of the car, you plugged two white connectors activating the two rear shelf speakers. They are same for the both of speakers, right and left. Have you tried to inverse the plugs ?? Look at the attached file and examine your DSP if it is the same.
Hii Froog. Thanks for telling me about the Puzu audio site. It really looks as if my Hansshow red DSP box is looking a lot like their product. However I can't not inverse the plugs in the right side, between the back seat and the side of the car. I'll have another look tomorrow. I tried to use their windows DSP control program but it doesn't work with mine Hansshow box.

so overall whats the verdict on this modification? is it worth it to get the DIY kit or are the errors/issues mentioned here fairly common? if it helps im considering this for a 2022 ryzen m3, so just activating the 4 front speakers. dont want to go through the hassle of installing it if im going to run into problems down the road. TIA!

Hey guys. I have spent the last week reading through almost every comment in this thread. Except for the ones where people are just arguing about stuff that doesn't matter or complaining about how Hansshow is not a good company.

I have just installed a Hansshow kit in my 2021 SR+ that didn't come from the factory with rear speakers. I only purchased the kit with the Tesla OEM speakers for the rear deck included in my kit. I didn't want to spend the money they wanted for the kit with the sub included. I think the sub that Hansshow sells it overpriced for what you get. I also tapped my front door speakers and connected them to a Rockville RW10CA amplified sub and mounted it in the stock sub location behind the right side of the inside of the trunk. It barely fit but I shoehorned it in. The sound is much better than the stock SR+ and I am thinking about maybe adding another small amp to power some of the other factory speakers or maybe some replacement speakers later but I am pretty happy with the way it sounds now.

I definately think the Hansshow harness is a good starting point but adds way too much treble by only activating the two front tweeters and A-pillar speakers. The Harness gives you a good place to tap into the factory system without cutting factory wires and can be completely reversed later.

I have a question that I don't think I have seen anyone ask and maybe someone here knows the answer. I know that if you wire two speakers in parallel then the resistance the amp sees is the added resistance of both speakers divided by two and if you wire two speakers in series then the resistance is the total of both speakers. But what resistance does the amp see if you tap off a speaker and run the tap into a high level speaker input on an amplifier?

Has anyone tried the 2022 DIY (New Version) for Ryzen CPUs? It looks like it's cheaper than the previous version and doesn't have the control box. What's the difference as far as performance and installation?
I have a 2022 with the Ryzen chip and I recently installed the kit with the rear speakers. The instructions are terrible and it took me awhile to figure them out but I eventually got everything completed. The sound is a definite improvement and well worth the cost, time and effort. If you decide to go ahead with the installation be very careful around the FM radio antenna ribbon connector. I broke mine and now I have no FM radio. Apart from that I am very happy with it.
Good luck.

I have a 2022 with the Ryzen chip and I recently installed the kit with the rear speakers. The instructions are terrible and it took me awhile to figure them out but I eventually got everything completed. The sound is a definite improvement and well worth the cost, time and effort. If you decide to go ahead with the installation be very careful around the FM radio antenna ribbon connector. I broke mine and now I have no FM radio. Apart from that I am very happy with it.
Good luck.
I installed the kit and lost FM radio as well, however when I went back to stock it came back. After days working it out with tech support they mailed me additional single wires and gave a video for changing the pin order to their wire harness. Apparently switching and adding a few wires to unoccupied pin slots will fix the FM radio. I have no faith it'll work and don't want to short circuit my MCU. Waste of money. Sound was nice but not nice enough to justify frying my car.

I installed the kit and lost FM radio as well, however when I went back to stock it came back. After days working it out with tech support they mailed me additional single wires and gave a video for changing the pin order to their wire harness. Apparently switching and adding a few wires to unoccupied pin slots will fix the FM radio. I have no faith it'll work and don't want to short circuit my MCU. Waste of money. Sound was nice but not nice enough to justify frying my car.
Thanks for that info. I did find it strange that although I broke the FM antenna connection that I couldn't even change radio stations or hear any static. I may get in touch with tech support and get the additional wires you mention and see if I can get the FM working again. I would like FM in order to have SiriusXM which works with an FM adapter.

Reactions: nvesprini
Just got version F installed and I'm having the same exact issues! The rear defroster makes the hissing go away temporarily for me too. Did you end up finding a fix for any of these issues?
Has anyone resolved this? The hissing is driving me crazy.

I also have a problem where turning the gain at 90 degree with eq flat and volume at 50% i get crackling in the dash speakers so am stuck at 30% gain :(

Hey guys just installed the 2022 ryzen hansshow harness to activate the front 4 tweeters and the 2 rear dash speakers.

I finished connecting all 4 tweeters but haven't done the rear shelf speakers yet.

The install went smoothly but I have a question to those who have also installed the harness. Do you find the tweeters especially on the A-pillar extremely loud and overwhelming? The chimes and turn signal is super loud and annoying. From my understanding, the tweeters are using the signal from the front dash speakers which usually play all the car chimes. Since the tweeters tap into those signals, I end up with a super loud turning signal and chimes right next to my ear. I am starting to wonder if a Model 3 LR would also have the chimes played on the tweeters or only on the front dash speakers.

Anyways, I'm a little disappointed with the harness. The tweeters are way too loud and I honestly don't think I'll keep this setup if I don't find a way to decrease their volume.

PS I have tried playing with the balance, setting the trebble lower which somewhat decreased the overall volume of the tweeters but they still sound too loud IMO.

Thanks for that info. I did find it strange that although I broke the FM antenna connection that I couldn't even change radio stations or hear any static. I may get in touch with tech support and get the additional wires you mention and see if I can get the FM working again. I would like FM in order to have SiriusXM which works with an FM adapter.
You can actually install the Sirius XM model from an older model S / X and get the xm working through the touch screen. There is a post in the forum about it.

Has anyone tried the 2022 DIY (New Version) for Ryzen CPUs? It looks like it's cheaper than the previous version and doesn't have the control box. What's the difference as far as performance and installation?
Following up on this. I ordered the new one without the controller, but got the old one. Trying to get things sorted out with Hansshow. Wondering if it's even worth the wait.

I have a question that I don't think I have seen anyone ask and maybe someone here knows the answer. I know that if you wire two speakers in parallel then the resistance the amp sees is the added resistance of both speakers divided by two and if you wire two speakers in series then the resistance is the total of both speakers. But what resistance does the amp see if you tap off a speaker and run the tap into a high level speaker input on an amplifier?
tapping into a speaker input will have no impact on the other speakers, the input impedance will be much higher than a speaker.

I had the Version F installed by a local installer in May 2021 on my 2020 SR+. It had been working well until recently. There has always been a 3-5 second delay in the audio upon powering up - presumably this is for the Hansshow DSP/amp to boot up.

However, now it sometimes takes 5 or more minutes to boot up and deliver audio. As a result, I can't even hear the turn signals when driving without the audio working!

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any suggestion on how to troubleshoot?

hey all. I understand this is a very old thread, but I just need some help.

I have a 2019 Model 3 SR+

I bought a Hannshow "2017-2020" harness and it did NOT come with the rear speaker wire. In fact, the bag it came in said "no rear surround".

Shining a flashlight into the rear mesh, I can actually see the rear speakers sitting there.

So, after returning this, which harness do I get? Nothing on the website says "2019 with rear speakers". Thoughts?

hey all. I understand this is a very old thread, but I just need some help.

I have a 2019 Model 3 SR+

I bought a Hannshow "2017-2020" harness and it did NOT come with the rear speaker wire. In fact, the bag it came in said "no rear surround".

Shining a flashlight into the rear mesh, I can actually see the rear speakers sitting there.

So, after returning this, which harness do I get? Nothing on the website says "2019 with rear speakers". Thoughts?
not major difference between models, so ideally chat with them over WhatsApp (very instant response from Hannshow) and confirm if you can buy more recent version and utilise. sharing photos helps.