Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Dashboard Touchscreen V2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it take a while to connect the phone to the car? I've seen with some aftermarket wireless Carplay dongles it can take up to a minute to establish a connection.

The standard Carplay doesn't interest me much but with a jailbroken iPhone you can run almost any app on it so it's much better.
hmm.. i know this is off topic for this thread you created so I apologize for that. To answer your question, it seems like about 30 seconds in general for the phone to connect to her car, carplay or not. it feels slow compared to my model 3 for sure.

Hers is a 2019 X3 so its not "old" and we factory ordered it with basically every option, so its not because we missed ordering something. Its just slow to connect, slow to present apps on the screen (like spotify, that it supports in both carplay and through the idrive interface) etc.

I dont think its a minute, but its definitely 30 seconds +

Reactions: hydro 481
hmm.. i know this is off topic for this thread you created so I apologize for that. To answer your question, it seems like about 30 seconds in general for the phone to connect to her car, carplay or not. it feels slow compared to my model 3 for sure.

Hers is a 2019 X3 so its not "old" and we factory ordered it with basically every option, so its not because we missed ordering something. Its just slow to connect, slow to present apps on the screen (like spotify, that it supports in both carplay and through the idrive interface) etc.

I dont think its a minute, but its definitely 30 seconds +
Thanks. Well, it's not really off topic cuz we're discussing wireless Carplay, which is a feature of the particular display unit in this thread :)
Do you know if the wireless Carplay works via bluetooth or wi-fi?

Thanks. Well, it's not really off topic cuz we're discussing wireless Carplay, which is a feature of the particular display unit in this thread :)
Do you know if the wireless Carplay works via bluetooth or wi-fi?

On the BMW I believe its bluetooth but am not sure. I will figure it out and let you know.

Delivery update: I got an email today saying there will be a shipping delay until the end of February/beginning of March timeframe due to manufacturing parts delays because of the Chinese New Year holidays in China. With the moderator's permission I will start a new thread when I post my thoughts on the new touchscreen so people don't have to wade through this thread to read about it.

I usually don’t pay a whole lot of attention to self-serving YouTubers who start out by saying “What’s up” and constantly ask you to “click the link” or “leave a comment below” to increase their monetization potential. This guy obviously has skin in the game so who knows how this thing will really work.
Agree he’s one of the worst. I stopped watching him.

My primary interest in the screen is CarPlay. It's hard to see how long it actually takes to wirelessly connect because video was edited (which is why this YouTuber's motive is suspect). If the connection is flaky I'll return it immediately making for a short review.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
My primary interest in the screen is CarPlay. It's hard to see how long it actually takes to wirelessly connect because video was edited (which is why this YouTuber's motive is suspect). If the connection is flaky I'll return it immediately making for a short review.
He does that annoying choppy editing effect in a lot of his videos. It's kinda suspicious that he did it while Carplay was loading but we'll see.

My concern is that since this is not standard Carplay but rather an Android app that's simulating Carplay, it's going to cause some issues.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
There is an excellent install video here:
Aftermarket Instrument Panel for Tesla Model 3 Dashboard Display Gauge Cluster Performance Digital LCD Speedometer HUD Heads Up Display

Appears to be same unit being discussed on this thread.

The 25% off coupon for Hannshow version still works
==================================================
(moderator note: removed link as it did not seem to go directly to an installation video but to some sort of product page advertising the product. no idea about referenced coupon code. FWIW this post is this users only post on TMC (they joined, made this post, and have not been seen since)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-101540_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-101540_Chrome.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator: