Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Dashboard Touchscreen V2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it took a while but I think we are really close to an out of the box working system . With an android tablet in hand I managed to upgrade Tesla-BT Bluetooth firmware and also applied the latest android and MCU upgrade.
Finally the audio steam from HTS to Tesla -BT is back to normal speed and no more 8-10 second audio drop outs.
Phone calls on CarPlay no longer have the unbearable delay and echo. (There is still some issue here that have cropped back up, so phone calls are still an issue when passing the audio from phone to HTSand back to Tesla Audio)
Siri and Navigation work as they should and scroll wheel seems more responsive .
Tthere seems to be some minor hiccup when passing thru the ringtone immediately thru the car audio before being able to answer the call. I’ll have to keep testing this .
Over all , we are getting closer to a product that if delivered from the factory with the upgrades installed , can be recommended easily!
Thank you for the info. Would it be better now to just use the BT in the Tesla for calls as opposed to the HTS?

Well it took a while but I think we are really close to an out of the box working system .
Okay, I've been wrestling with the V2 screen for weeks now and have been hesitant posting my thoughts because I'm still trying to figure out how it works. It has yet to pair reliably via Bluetooth as it only hooks up about 50% or the time and the other 50% I have to pair it manually. I bought it for its CarPlay integration and that has not been a good experience. The Waze app lags behind in its navigation by at least a 1/2 mile after driving for a few minutes. I was thinking maybe there's something up with the app because I'm a beta tester but it works fine using the CarLink wireless dongle in my Porsche. And trying to access music is next to impossible because of the severe lag. All of that plus the sound delay and severe echo during phone conversations is making me want to yank it out of the car. FWIW the V2 screen firmware version is v426 and my iPhone 12 Pro is running iOS 14.6. So my question is what firmware version are you running and will the Bluetooth pair reliably 90% - 100% of the time? But the biggest gripe I have is the weather here in SoCal is starting to heat up and I'm finding the blockage of the AC vent is significant. I have to turn the fan up to 6 in order go feel any cooling in the cabin and it's still not optimal. As stated earlier I'm hesitant to write a super negative review until I fully understand how the screen works and to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, but the AC issue is real and for those who live in warmer climates will have to weigh the advantages of the screen vs. being comfortable in the car.

I'm starting to think that maybe an android tablet to get CarPlay might be a better hack. Hell I have an older android large screen phone which could run CarPlay and I could pair that with my CarLinkit and have wireless CarPlay. I'd lose the wheel integration, but at least I'd have all the apps I'm used to.

Okay, I've been wrestling with the V2 screen for weeks now and have been hesitant posting my thoughts because I'm still trying to figure out how it works. It has yet to pair reliably via Bluetooth as it only hooks up about 50% or the time and the other 50% I have to pair it manually. I bought it for its CarPlay integration and that has not been a good experience. The Waze app lags behind in its navigation by at least a 1/2 mile after driving for a few minutes. I was thinking maybe there's something up with the app because I'm a beta tester but it works fine using the CarLink wireless dongle in my Porsche. And trying to access music is next to impossible because of the severe lag. All of that plus the sound delay and severe echo during phone conversations is making me want to yank it out of the car. FWIW the V2 screen firmware version is v426 and my iPhone 12 Pro is running iOS 14.6. So my question is what firmware version are you running and will the Bluetooth pair reliably 90% - 100% of the time? But the biggest gripe I have is the weather here in SoCal is starting to heat up and I'm finding the blockage of the AC vent is significant. I have to turn the fan up to 6 in order go feel any cooling in the cabin and it's still not optimal. As stated earlier I'm hesitant to write a super negative review until I fully understand how the screen works and to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, but the AC issue is real and for those who live in warmer climates will have to weigh the advantages of the screen vs. being comfortable in the car.
Current version is 0528 and I have upgraded the BT firmware after I got ahold of an andrioid tablet so I can do the install.. the 0528 upgrade is here Version 0528 - Google Drive

Current version is 0528 and I have upgraded the BT firmware after I got ahold of an andrioid tablet so I can do the install.. the 0528 upgrade is here Version 0528 - Google Drive
Thanks for the updated files. And how did you get the update as their website still shows version 520 as the most recent. But it appears I'll need an Android device to update the Bluetooth firmware? Not having access to an Android device, it looks like my problems connecting will not be solved?

Thanks for the updated files. And how did you get the update as their website still shows version 520 as the most recent. But it appears I'll need an Android device to update the Bluetooth firmware? Not having access to an Android device, it looks like my problems connecting will not be solved?
There is a forum in place that they use to update files - TES+

And yes, you will need an android device of some kimd if you want to update the BT firmware, sorry.

Okay I've applied the latest update (0528) and I'm still having Bluetooth and phone issues. And Waze still will not work reliably. I've played around with the screen for the last few months and I'm pretty much at the end of the rope dealing with it as I no longer have the time or patience to deal with it. This device has never worked as advertised and I think I've given them plenty of time to make it right. I've contacted Hansshow to see if I can get a refund although I'm way past their 14-day return period, but they should make an exception here because they've been stringing me along with updates that they said would address the problems. I'll let you all know what happens.

Last edited:
Okay I've applied the latest update (0528) and I'm still having Bluetooth and phone issues. And Waze still will not work reliably. I've played around with the screen for the last few months and I'm pretty much at the end of the rope dealing with it as I no longer have the time or patience to deal with it. This device has never worked as advertised and I think I've given them plenty of time to make it right. I've contacted Hansshow to see if I can get a refund although I'm way past their 14-day return period, but they should make an exception here because they've been stringing me along with updates that they said would address the problems. I'll let you all know what happens.
Okay I've applied the latest update (0528) and I'm still having Bluetooth and phone issues. And Waze still will not work reliably. I've played around with the screen for the last few months and I'm pretty much at the end of the rope dealing with it as I no longer have the time or patience to deal with it. This device has never worked as advertised and I think I've given them plenty of time to make it right. I've contacted Hansshow to see if I can get a refund although I'm way past their 14-day return period, but they should make an exception here because they've been stringing me along with wereupdates that they said would address the problems. I'll let you all know what happens.
did you try to return it, how did you make out. I’m very unhappy with mine too.

^^^I sent a message to Caroline via What’s App three days ago asking for a refund and have not heard back, which is not surprising. Back when I needed technical advise she was very responsive, but my messages will probably be ignored from now on.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Today, for the first time, I connected the phone to HDU and the HDU to Tesla. I make a call and everything was fine. The level of sound was a bit low but I can hear and from other side no complaints.
I don't know what kind of firmware have the HDU BT. I searched for update but I can't find nothing.
All talk about upgrading the BT but no how... just I have need a android phone.
Android auto wireless no working, but with the cable is ok.

Today, for the first time, I connected the phone to HDU and the HDU to Tesla. I make a call and everything was fine. The level of sound was a bit low but I can hear and from other side no complaints.
I don't know what kind of firmware have the HDU BT. I searched for update but I can't find nothing.
All talk about upgrading the BT but no how... just I have need a android phone.
Android auto wireless no working, but with the cable is ok.
The audio issues most people are having are with phone calls made via Carplay, not with Android Auto. If your system is working, then I would leave it alone

About 6 months ago as I reading posts here on the TMC forum I came across a post that alerted me to a new product from Hansshow, the Model 3 Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen, V2. The second I saw it supported wireless CarPlay, I was super interested as that’s the one feature I really missed when I purchased my M3P. I was lukewarm about the the rest of the features such as showing your speed and the usual instrument cluster information that is usually put in front of the driver in conventional cars. Included in that post was a YouTube video touting its features and functions that it might be incorporated in the future, but they had me at wireless CarPlay. So I ordered one online without clicking on the discount link on the YouTuber’s channel (more about that later). In the 3+ months I’ve had the screen installed in my car I went through a range of emotions that went from great anticipation, frustration, resignation and finally utter joy.

Let me explain.

I made my order the first week of January knowing I was doing so during the pre-order period as it was supposed to be ready to ship the following month. I was really looking forward to being able to use Waze and Siri Voice Activation in my Tesla so this was a highly anticipated product for me. Due to production and parts delays I did not receive it until the beginning of April which was fine by me.

Installation was fairly simple except for attaching the wiring harness which requires you to have the body size of a 10-year old and the dexterity and hand strength of an adult as the receptacle is located in a hard-to-get location under the dash. Once it was installed was when the problems started. The first issue was its inability to automatically pair with Bluetooth reliably which is required for wireless CarPlay connectivity (fyi, I have an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.6). It seems like every time I got in the car I would have to manually go though the pairing process as it would not do so automatically as it was supposed to. When I was finally able to connect, CarPlay was all but unusable because of the lag time when using the touch screen to navigate though its apps and menus. When I was able to launch Waze I found that my location on the map lagged behind about a half a mile after driving a few minutes. And worst of all when making phone calls there was a serious delay and echo for the person on the other end of the call. The call volume was also so low that I could barely hear what there was of the conversation.

To Hansshow’s credit it was easy for me to contact them using WhatsApp when troubleshooting. As it happens there was a new firmware update that they said would alleviate the problems. Over the next 3 months I downloaded 5 different updates with each one making things a bit better, but the automatic Bluetooth pairing and call quality issues persisted throughout. I was to the point where I would wonder what would not work every time I got in the car. The sad thing is since CarPlay was the primary reason I ordered the screen, I did not even try the included apps so I can’t speak to how they work. Another major issue that I encountered after its installation was the affect it had on the car’s AC system. It’s been heating up here in the Los Angeles area and the negative affect it has on the car’s ability to keep the driver cool is significant. I have to turn the fan up to almost full blast to get any cooling and that’s barely acceptable.

It’s because of the constant fiddling required to get the screen to work (and its affect on the AC) that I was resigned to the fact that I’d spent over $500 for a product that didn't do what’s advertised (and might never in it’s current hardware version) and I will probably never see that money again. Hansshow has a 14-day return policy but I went way beyond that when I was promised firmware updates would solve the problems. I tried contacting them using WhatsApp to see if there’s a way to get a refund but that’s when they stopped responding.

So the best day in my ownership of this product was the day I ripped the screen off the dash freeing me of the constant fiddling with Bluetooth and the frustration of failed phone conversations. There’s no amount of desire on my part of having CarPlay integration that’s been worth the hassle of getting this thing to work. You can’t imagine the joy of getting in car and having things work again after 3+ months of total frustration,

And this leads me to what you’re seeing on YouTube. There are people out there creating videos touting the advantages of the screen without alerting you to its faults. I’m always leery of YouTubers who start out screaming “What’s Up” and imploring you to “click the link below” to get discounts when all they’re really doing is working with the company (and getting a piece of the action?) getting you to buy something no matter the quality, and to boost their own “engagements” to further monetize their channels. So before clicking any links, be aware that this is not a finished product with no guarantees that it’ll ever work in its current hardware version.

These are my personal impressions of my experience with the screen. I'd like to know if there are people out there whose screens work as advertised, so as YouTubers would say, "Leave a comment below."

Edit: The last firmware version on the screen was 0629 before I gave up on it.

Last edited:
"Conventional" cars are laid out the way they are for a reason. I miss having an HUD and a more cockpit-like atmosphere & am looking forward to an aftermarket company making something like this for the Model 3 that isn't a piece of *sugar*. I've seen a ton of complaining on here about "Hansshow" (there's got be some "American"-sounding company name generator out there cranking these out).

What do you mean by "its affect on the AC?"

^^^What I meant by that is the screen's negative affect on the ability of the car's front Air Conditioning vents in front of the driver to work effectively in keeping things cool. The screen pretty much covers up about 3/4 of the vent forcing air to go around it.

I know there are opinions both ways about having or not having an instrument panel directly in front of the driver, but that wasn't the focus of my impressions so I didn't spend time writing about it. That's a discussion for another thread.

Reactions: jmaddr
^^^My final impressions post was created as a separate thread but was merged into this one by the moderator. I was hoping that more people would take notice rather than having it get lost on the 5th page of this thread. I think it’s important for people to know what they’re getting into, especially for a device that’s expensive as this one. More importantly, I was interested to see if there are people out there who have had good luck with it and could explain how they’ve successfully addressed the issues I’ve had with it.

About 6 months ago as I reading posts here on the TMC forum I came across a post that alerted me to a new product from Hansshow, the Model 3 Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen, V2. The second I saw it supported wireless CarPlay, I was super interested as that’s the one feature I really missed when I purchased my M3P. I was lukewarm about the the rest of the features such as showing your speed and the usual instrument cluster information that is usually put in front of the driver in conventional cars. Included in that post was a YouTube video touting its features and functions that it might be incorporated in the future, but they had me at wireless CarPlay. So I ordered one online without clicking on the discount link on the YouTuber’s channel (more about that later). In the 3+ months I’ve had the screen installed in my car I went through a range of emotions that went from great anticipation, frustration, resignation and finally utter joy.

Let me explain.

I made my order the first week of January knowing I was doing so during the pre-order period as it was supposed to be ready to ship the following month. I was really looking forward to being able to use Waze and Siri Voice Activation in my Tesla so this was a highly anticipated product for me. Due to production and parts delays I did not receive it until the beginning of April which was fine by me.

Installation was fairly simple except for attaching the wiring harness which requires you to have the body size of a 10-year old and the dexterity and hand strength of an adult as the receptacle is located in a hard-to-get location under the dash. Once it was installed was when the problems started. The first issue was its inability to automatically pair with Bluetooth reliably which is required for wireless CarPlay connectivity (fyi, I have an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.6). It seems like every time I got in the car I would have to manually go though the pairing process as it would not do so automatically as it was supposed to. When I was finally able to connect, CarPlay was all but unusable because of the lag time when using the touch screen to navigate though its apps and menus. When I was able to launch Waze I found that my location on the map lagged behind about a half a mile after driving a few minutes. And worst of all when making phone calls there was a serious delay and echo for the person on the other end of the call. The call volume was also so low that I could barely hear what there was of the conversation.

To Hansshow’s credit it was easy for me to contact them using WhatsApp when troubleshooting. As it happens there was a new firmware update that they said would alleviate the problems. Over the next 3 months I downloaded 5 different updates with each one making things a bit better, but the automatic Bluetooth pairing and call quality issues persisted throughout. I was to the point where I would wonder what would not work every time I got in the car. The sad thing is since CarPlay was the primary reason I ordered the screen, I did not even try the included apps so I can’t speak to how they work. Another major issue that I encountered after its installation was the affect it had on the car’s AC system. It’s been heating up here in the Los Angeles area and the negative affect it has on the car’s ability to keep the driver cool is significant. I have to turn the fan up to almost full blast to get any cooling and that’s barely acceptable.

It’s because of the constant fiddling required to get the screen to work (and its affect on the AC) that I was resigned to the fact that I’d spent over $500 for a product that didn't do what’s advertised (and might never in it’s current hardware version) and I will probably never see that money again. Hansshow has a 14-day return policy but I went way beyond that when I was promised firmware updates would solve the problems. I tried contacting them using WhatsApp to see if there’s a way to get a refund but that’s when they stopped responding.

So the best day in my ownership of this product was the day I ripped the screen off the dash freeing me of the constant fiddling with Bluetooth and the frustration of failed phone conversations. There’s no amount of desire on my part of having CarPlay integration that’s been worth the hassle of getting this thing to work. You can’t imagine the joy of getting in car and having things work again after 3+ months of total frustration,

And this leads me to what you’re seeing on YouTube. There are people out there creating videos touting the advantages of the screen without alerting you to its faults. I’m always leery of YouTubers who start out screaming “What’s Up” and imploring you to “click the link below” to get discounts when all they’re really doing is working with the company (and getting a piece of the action?) getting you to buy something no matter the quality, and to boost their own “engagements” to further monetize their channels. So before clicking any links, be aware that this is not a finished product with no guarantees that it’ll ever work in its current hardware version.

These are my personal impressions of my experience with the screen. I'd like to know if there are people out there whose screens work as advertised, so as YouTubers would say, "Leave a comment below."

Edit: The last firmware version on the screen was 0629 before I gave up on it.
Well, so as to bring this back to top of list and make your ultimate conclusion easier to find, I'll say thanks for sharing your experiences!

Reactions: lUtriaNt