Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow dashboard touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone actually have the Hansshow Dashboard Touchscreen installed in their Model Y or Model 3? I love the idea of this touchscreen but I have to imagine that it completely blocks any useful AC out of the vents. I live in a place where we have 115 degree days during the winter. Only a few that high but a lot of 105 degree days during the summer and I would have to imagine that the touchscreen display would not be a good thing during those days. Can anyone who actually owns one give me the real story on them? I have seen a couple of youtubers that reviewed them but they were given the screens from Hansshow and I do not trust those reviews.

I thought it was an interesting idea as well, until I saw an actual user on FB said that it completely blocks AC air flow for the driver. Obviously, it's just one person's opinion but I was able to verify it by placing a cardboard cutout and replicated the issue.

I thought it was an interesting idea as well, until I saw an actual user on FB said that it completely blocks AC air flow for the driver. Obviously, it's just one person's opinion but I was able to verify it by placing a cardboard cutout and replicated the issue.
The cardboard over the vents is an interesting idea. I was also thinking about maybe 3D printed vent deflectors. So since I do not have my MYP yet I can not test the theory but I am wondering if you adjust the vents on the display to be more outward and then use some 3D printed inserts that you place in the vents that again redirects the airflow towards the center if that might work. May all just be more of a hassle then it is worth. Living in a hotter then normal climate may just be more trouble then a display would be worth.

I would not recommend to buy any of these unless you can be certain they will quickly make updates when a Tesla firmware update breaks its functionality. With a different Hansshow unit (HUD) I had it working only for around 1 month out of the last 6 months.

Reactions: elf9
I have the Hansshow screen in my Y, and installed it in March. I use it primarily for speed and state of charge (I like glancing down to check my speed and SOC, which I do every few minutes).

Some people are fine with looking to the right to the main screen to check speed. I was not.

As for blocking the AC, it was 92 degrees here on Sunday but inside the cabin it was 68. I didn’t notice an issue with cooling or blocking the heat/ac drivers side vent. The AC seemed to work as you would expect.

Reactions: gunthermic
Like the OP, my concern is blocking the vents. For me that is a total non-starter. I love the idea and hate the center screen only on the Y/3. I put a phone mount stuck to my window upside down and tape a box to it simulating the Hansshow setup, it pretty much blocked most of my airflow to my face. It is hot pretty much 7 months out of the year, not an occasional day or 20 like some states. So open vents are a priority for me. Still waiting for a solution to address this.

I have the Hansshow screen in my Y, and installed it in March. I use it primarily for speed and state of charge (I like glancing down to check my speed and SOC, which I do every few minutes).

Some people are fine with looking to the right to the main screen to check speed. I was not.

As for blocking the AC, it was 92 degrees here on Sunday but inside the cabin it was 68. I didn’t notice an issue with cooling or blocking the heat/ac drivers side vent. The AC seemed to work as you would expect.
Hansshow steering Wheel screen voids the Tesla warranty. It caused my computer to fail (per Tesla engineers) and costs me $2075 to fix. It worked great for a while then it failed. No cameras, radio, navigation, autopilot, auto windshield wipers and more. Should not install this accessory.

It caused my computer to fail
I have not had any issues with any of the functionality of the driver display or the functionality of my Y.

Likewise I haven’t had any problems with the AC. The air seems to flow around the display.

I think a driver display (like the one in the X and S) should be standard in the 3 and Y. I found having to lose focus on the road to check my speed and state of charge was dangerous and that’s why I installed the driver display. This is a safety issue.

Here is my list of issues with the Hansshow 9":
  1. Tesla Driver airflow is definitely blocked, but car's overall cabin temperature in summer is somewhat maintained if one lowers the A/C a few degrees to compensate.
  2. Speaker/Mic on Hansshow is a joke. Very frustrating that the Hansshow intercepts Apple iPhone calls from the higher quality Tesla's speakers/Mic, even with the ''Apple iPhone's" accessibility settings enabled for "bluetooth headsets" as they recommend.
  3. Hannshow customer support is very poor and only uses WhatsApp app to reply in vague generalities after 4-5 days of unanswered requests.
  4. No firmware updates from Hansshow engineering to try to disable routing of phone calls to Hannshow.
  5. Hansshow unit does not remember the last display, but defaults to CarPlay display upon startup.

Hope this helps. For me call audio is always routed to my iPhone for some reason. This is what I did.
1) I now leave my accessibility call routing setting to “automatic”.

2) In hansshow settings your will see “call audio”. Set this to “Auto” . If you lack the option request latest firmware from hansshow via WhatsApp. Below is the version I have. They gave it to me in 9/2022.

3) ensure in tesla Bluetooth audio source Menue that your marked preferred device is iPhone and not BT-Tesla (hansshow console). Preferred device has a star next to it in gui. When you get in car each time, You will need to play some audio via CarPlay or phone up. Then go to Bluetooth audio source menu in tesla and push play. This will force audio to Bluetooth away from Hans show speaker.

image.jpg