Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow HUD/Carplay/Android Auto solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I see that hansshow lists a new 10.25” console in their web page’s area. This is an updated version of their older 10.25” console which used android OS. click on the user manual link At bottom of product’s page. Manual says which computer OS this new product uses & offers very interesting wording.

Last edited:
I messaged Hansshow and was told the 10.25 display is the newer one.
Be careful, hansshow still lists the old 10.25” screen for sale too.
very confusing. Currently new screen has it own www page. Old version is in the web page which lists 9” linux & 10.25” in the same drop down interface. Price of old version is $440 and newer is a few hundred more. So easy to order wrong unit.

Now I see that hansshow lists a new 10.25” console in their web page’s area. This is an updated version of their older 10.25” console which used android OS. click on the user manual link At bottom of product’s page. Manual says which computer OS this new product uses & offers very interesting wording.

Yes, this is the link they sent me and also mentioned the audio issues are resolved with this unit.

Yes, this is the link they sent me and also mentioned the audio issues are resolved with this unit.
Nice. I hope so. Unfortunately it will take a person to buy the product until we really can be sure. In past hansshow said audio echo during phone calls is solved in 9” console by shortening Bluetooth audio chain length aka connect Tesla to phone Bluetooth when using CarPlay. YouTubers won’t give a negative comment or mention an issue because they don’t want to loose hansshow as a supporter. Notice for all old YouTube reviews no one talked about phone audio quality at all when using suggested default setup or the trick we all use now. If we see same pattern, I’d be cautious. I stopped using my Hansshow 9” for CarPlay about a month ago. I still use it for instrument cluster functionality. The hansshow 9” worked very well for my CarPlay needs (I shortened Bluetooth audio chain to eliminate phone audio echo) but months later the tesla-android project matured enough that I decided to try it out. it puts the CarPlay gui in the tesla infotainment screen. No issues with audio lag in phone calls. But that’s because Tesla is connected to phone Bluetooth (like Hansshow suggests with 9” display if you chat with them privately). However Siri audio is heard over car stereo too.

Nice. I hope so. Unfortunately it will take a person to buy the product until we really can be sure. In past hansshow said audio echo during phone calls is solved in 9” console by shortening Bluetooth audio chain length aka connect Tesla to phone Bluetooth when using CarPlay. YouTubers won’t give a negative comment or mention an issue because they don’t want to loose hansshow as a supporter. Notice for all old YouTube reviews no one talked about phone audio quality at all when using suggested default setup or the trick we all use now. If we see same pattern, I’d be cautious. I stopped using my Hansshow 9” for CarPlay about a month ago. I still use it for instrument cluster functionality. The hansshow 9” worked very well for my CarPlay needs (I shortened Bluetooth audio chain to eliminate phone audio echo) but months later the tesla-android project matured enough that I decided to try it out. it puts the CarPlay gui in the tesla infotainment screen. No issues with audio lag in phone calls. But that’s because Tesla is connected to phone Bluetooth (like Hansshow suggests with 9” display if you chat with them privately). However Siri audio is heard over car stereo too.
I asked one of the YouTubers about the audio issue because as you say they paint a nice picture of the Hansshow product. I was told audio issues were fixed via a firmware fix. I don’t believe that. As for the new unit I guess we’ll have to wait to see if someone will fork out 7 bills for one and try it. I beleive I saw another YouTuber demonstrate the tesla-android option. Is this the one that requires two interface boards?

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I asked one of the YouTubers about the audio issue because as you say they paint a nice picture of the Hansshow product. I was told audio issues were fixed via a firmware fix. I don’t believe that. As for the new unit I guess we’ll have to wait to see if someone will fork out 7 bills for one and try it. I beleive I saw another YouTuber demonstrate the tesla-android option. Is this the one that requires two interface boards?
Tesla-android now uses one raspberry pi board. A recent update was released after Halloween and the experience is……awesome. I suspect within a few weeks another update will happen. below is a fairly active thread.

Reactions: jerome8283
Whoa that new 10.25” is huge. It would block more airflow from the a/c vents and the Tesla steering wheel would obstruct the view of display’s corners. Hansshow implies that you need to install their yoke steering wheel to be able to see the whole screen. I have been using the 9” which has been great for Carplay Waze but the whole screen is at max size to see behind the Tesla round steering wheel.

Whoa that new 10.25” is huge. It would block more airflow from the a/c vents and the Tesla steering wheel would obstruct the view of display’s corners. Hansshow implies that you need to install their yoke steering wheel to be able to see the whole screen. I have been using the 9” which has been great for Carplay Waze but the whole screen is at max size to see behind the Tesla round steering wheel.
Yup. I was thinking about installing yoke for my 9” setup. But now I use android-tesla for CarPlay and I’m ok with viewing instrument cluster through wheel. That being. Said, my electrician installed a yoke in his model y and loves it…I am tempted

I have the Hansshow screen and really like it. I published an install video to my Youtube channel and I'm currently working on my review video. My wife actually wants me to install one in her Model 3 (harder to do than on my Model Y due to hers being the Intel Atom processor and where the I need to plug in the harness). The audio usually defaults to the Hansshow speaker. But if I use the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel to pause the music, then press it again to play, it then comes out of the car speakers. Or, you can just manually choose the car speakers as the bluetooth output in your phone each time you get in the car.

Not a plug for the channel, but if you want to watch the install video, search Youtube for the channel MITeslaGuy.
Do you have the new 10 inch screen or the 9? I wonder if the 10 has better audio than the horrible reviews I’ve been reading about the 9. Also how was the install?

Check out this new video, this is the new 10.25 inch.

It has GPS and front camera
but install looks more complicated than the old 9 inch one

I think this version is upgraded version of the 8.8" android 8 system (1280/480), from a different manufacture, so the audio issue on the 9" Linux system may not exist, as this comes from a different manufacture.

Sure thing. Thanks!
I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the new 10.25 screen. I just installed mine yesterday, this is my first hansshow product, so I can't really compare it to previous models.
The install was not nearly as easy as they claim it to be in their video, they conveniently left out the part where you have to run wires through the firewall and connect to the 12v battery.
Interface seems to work pretty well, still working out the kinks with wireless carplay connecting. And for the life of me I cannot figure out how to insert the sim card to get access to the 4g.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the new 10.25 screen. I just installed mine yesterday, this is my first hansshow product, so I can't really compare it to previous models.
The install was not nearly as easy as they claim it to be in their video, they conveniently left out the part where you have to run wires through the firewall and connect to the 12v battery.
Interface seems to work pretty well, still working out the kinks with wireless carplay connecting. And for the life of me I cannot figure out how to insert the sim card to get access to the 4g.
Thanks! I have not had chance to install mine yet, too cold here in Toronto.
Just curious, do you have V11.0 (2022.36.xxx or 2022.40.xxx)? Did you try android auto? Does the sound come out from the tiny speak or from Tesla speakers?

For sim card, you plan to use your own sim card with data? Just curious why you need this? I though if you use carplay or android auto then you don't need this? (or use your phone's hotspot?)

Thanks

Thanks! I have not had chance to install mine yet, too cold here in Toronto.
Just curious, do you have V11.0 (2022.36.xxx or 2022.40.xxx)? Did you try android auto? Does the sound come out from the tiny speak or from Tesla speakers?

For sim card, you plan to use your own sim card with data? Just curious why you need this? I though if you use carplay or android auto then you don't need this? (or use your phone's hotspot?)

Thanks
I understand, it's finally cool enough to work in the garage here in FL lol.
I am running 2022.40.4.1 currently, with no issues.
I resolved the issue with the apple car play, now it connects instantaneously. (turns out it uses a wifi hotspot to connect instead of Bluetooth, although the instructions are to pair to BT...) The hansshow screen pairs to the tesla main screen via Bluetooth and all audio from carplay comes out the regular tesla speakers. I will have to try the Android Auto later today.

Yeah, my thought is to use a sim card with data only because I have an extra active work phone number laying around that I'm not using. I guess I don't really need to use the 4G functionality, since carplay will be 99% of the use case.

Reactions: ThatMike
I understand, it's finally cool enough to work in the garage here in FL lol.
I am running 2022.40.4.1 currently, with no issues.
I resolved the issue with the apple car play, now it connects instantaneously. (turns out it uses a wifi hotspot to connect instead of Bluetooth, although the instructions are to pair to BT...) The hansshow screen pairs to the tesla main screen via Bluetooth and all audio from carplay comes out the regular tesla speakers. I will have to try the Android Auto later today.

Yeah, my thought is to use a sim card with data only because I have an extra active work phone number laying around that I'm not using. I guess I don't really need to use the 4G functionality, since carplay will be 99% of the use case.
The big question of the day, does the newly refreshed hansshow 10.25” android based console have audio lag during phone calls when following hansshow’s default instructions & phone paired to CarPlay. Example, your callers hear last statements echoed back while you talk to them.