Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a YouTube video I came across that I can’t find anymore that had something like this, and when you put your signal on if someone was beside you or in your blind spot the screen would turn red. Does this have that feature?

did the update remove the Hanshow boot up screen that plays for 10secs? Only reason I haven’t installed mine. Pretty annoyed by seeing it.
No it does not. They will never remove the Hanshow bootup screen.
There was a YouTube video I came across that I can’t find anymore that had something like this, and when you put your signal on if someone was beside you or in your blind spot the screen would turn red. Does this have that feature?
Highly doubt this display has that feature.

I'm not sure it's 10 secs, but yeah. I think it's one of those things that you are focusing on - I literally chose something else to look at when I get into my car and I totally forgot about it. Until now... haha!
I honestly don't think people are just ready to drive within the first 5-10 secs of when the display shows up because the display shows up as soon as you open the door. When I get in the car, I have to do a variety of things (ex:, attach my phone to my phone mount, adjust any settings, get a sip of water, get my navigation or music going, etc). Its really a non-issue for most people since even by the time you get seated in the car the display splash screen goes away.

Reactions: mmyers300
Hey quick question, do you guys still like the display after a whille? I'm looking into installing one for my partner as she finds it hard to keep glancing over for speedometer. Also not sure if I should just get the one from Hansshow website or from Aliexpress for this. Thanks all.
I like it. The only issue I have is that the LCD polarization doesn't work with polarized sunglasses.

• Love
Reactions: espresso_
For the great folks who have the 5.16 display installed, can you report on how clear or not clear to see the vital car info (mph, etc…)while driving ? If you have to get your head closer to the 5.16 to see the mph then that may be a deal breaker of defeating the main purpose.

Thanks in advance

For the great folks who have the 5.16 display installed, can you report on how clear or not clear to see the vital car info (mph, etc…)while driving ? If you have to get your head closer to the 5.16 to see the mph then that may be a deal breaker of defeating the main purpose.

Thanks in advance
It works just fine. I don't have any issues with vision of the display. Because it is on the steering wheel column the display sorta angles down so you should have no problem seeing the display no matter your seating position.

Reactions: jeanluc07
I sit far back as I am tall with long legs, but the only thing I can't see is the bottom row, specifically the center indicator (following distance), which is now moot on the latest FSD, it just displays junk. The range and the battery % I can see by shifting my eyes left or right, all else I see fine

IMG_8431.jpeg

Just received this in my mailbox, took 2 weeks to ship to US. I ordered from the Aliexpress link someone posted in page 3 or 4 (don't remember). Total was $126 after tax, I found some coupon on the Aliexpress page to bring that down to that price. Finished installing, the screen looks great!

Reactions: flai54 and S2000
It is, it has the hansshow booting logo and I was able to download & update software from hansshow website. Hansshow is just a re-seller, I don't think they make it either.
I think they make the unit, I just think that you can buy it from other resellers besides the official Hansshow website. Even if you order it from Hansshow website all the contact information is from China and they even tell you that the stuff is being shipped from China. No different than if you were to buy a product from an Amazon reseller for a particular brand.

new lcd released. mediocre graphics, big, no android auto. waste of time.