Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy Birthday AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I shouldn’t be posting as I drive and take a nap :) but this update is a pretty damn big step forward ... as goldfinger would say, “toight like a toiger”

Very few fails on my normal curvy test road.... starts to struggle above the speed limit on sudden curves, much much much more confident on Highway....

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV and Joe F
I also noticed it is showing cars two lanes over as I lane change on highway... in other words, the car next to the adjacent lane appears much sooner... also much faster object representation on display

• Informative
Reactions: jimmy_d
For example, I think a lot of Americans (and one South African) do not understand Jeremy Clarkson. He just doesn't make sense for certain sensibilities - and it doesn't surprise me one bit why that is. He comes across a complete arse if your expectations don't match what he's trying to achieve and how.

I, for one, love Jeremy Clarkson. He could roast me anytime.

You do realize that I am Jeremy Clarkson?

Reactions: jdjeff88
fb1a949b-9ad9-49db-8a38-389ba6a5063e_text_hi.gif

You do realize that I am Jeremy Clarkson?

Nice try. :) But no, you clearly don't have the British banter in your reportoire. There would be a certain different style of self-deprecation and warmth even in the most outrageous aned exaggerated of claims in that. Terrible when taken literally, but quite different in totality from what I've seen you attempt.

Humor clearly is an area of intense cultural differences and lines drawn in sand what's okay and what's not - even more difficult when played over text online. To be serious, it is quite possible even Jeremy Clarkson would fail. And his style of banter would probably be moderated out from TMC quite quickly. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Kant.Ing and Joe F
you clearly don't have the British banter in your reportoire. There would be a certain different style of self-deprecation and warmth even in the most outrageous aned exaggerated of claims in that.

You had me at I-Pace

Humor clearly is an area of intense cultural differences

Is this why the French love Jerry Lewis?

• Funny
Reactions: Joe F and skitown
In all seriousness again, the I-Pace does look like a very nice second car. For a European, what else will there be in 2018-2019 in the small or medium-sized premium SUV segment? Or at least a mid-sized hatchback?

I-Pace will be out before Model 3 quite possibly in Europe. Model 3 is not even a hatchback. And way before Model Y, which would be a mid-sized SUV. Audi e-tron quattro will likely be too big and e-tron quattro Sportback is bound to come later than I-Pace.

That said, I'm not sure what I will do. These are just some musings at this point. I am not looking to replace the Model X, but another ICE, and want something smaller than Model S/X for that. Preferable with a hatchback...

Last edited:
In all seriousness again, the I-Pace does look like a very nice second car. For a European, what else will there be in 2018-2019 in the small or medium-sized premium SUV segment? Or at least a mid-sized hatchback?

I-Pace will be out before Model 3 quite possibly in Europe. Model 3 is not even a hatchback. And way before Model Y, which would be a mid-sized SUV. Audi e-tron quattro will likely be too big and e-tron quattro Sportback is bound to come later than I-Pace.

That said, I'm not sure what I will do. These are just some musings at this point. I am not looking to replace the Model X, but another ICE, and want something smaller than Model S/X for that. Preferable with a hatchback...
Y not wait? See what I did there ?

Y not wait? See what I did there ?

I might wait, and could well see Model Y as an option, but Model Y seems likely a long time away. It seems quite probable to me I-Pace and e-tron quattro Sportback, and possibly others, will be available for me to buy before Model Y - even if Model Y comes out at a similar time, Tesla being Tesla means that European customers likely won't see it for a year. Also, I already have a Tesla, another brand might offer some unique benefits too...

Yes, this one is an American vs. European thing. You guys get Teslas and Bolts first, we get our Brits and Germans first. That's just the way it goes...

I still have a Model 3 reservation too. We shall see what is available once that opens up for European orders. It doesn't really excite me, though, not as much as I-Pace does. A small sedan is not really what I fancy in a car. A small hatchback would be more interesting. Yes, this one too is an American vs. European thing. :)

I'm totally undecided, though. The three-year wait-list wait for Model X left me emotionally spent. I'm not looking forward to committing to anything else (mentally or otherwise) anytime soon...

I might wait, and could well see Model Y as an option, but Model Y seems likely a long time away. It seems quite probable to me I-Pace and e-tron quattro Sportback, and possibly others, will be available for me to buy before Model Y - even if Model Y comes out at a similar time, Tesla being Tesla means that European customers likely won't see it for a year. Also, I already have a Tesla, another brand might offer some unique benefits too...

Yes, this one is an American vs. European thing. You guys get Teslas and Bolts first, we get our Brits and Germans first. That's just the way it goes...

I still have a Model 3 reservation too. We shall see what is available once that opens up for European orders. It doesn't really excite me, though, not as much as I-Pace does. A small sedan is not really what I fancy in a car. A small hatchback would be more interesting. Yes, this one too is an American vs. European thing. :)

I'm totally undecided, though. The three-year wait-list wait for Model X left me emotionally spent. I'm not looking forward to committing to anything else (mentally or otherwise) anytime soon...
Did you get the first model x's off the assembly line?... I'm much more impressed with the quality in the X I just drove... everything was much tighter in terms of interior and exterior issues. The first ones seemed to have a lot of issues, and is the only thing making me reluctant to find a CPO X... that and the fact that previous versions didn't fold flat with respect to seats.

Did you get the first model x's off the assembly line?... I'm much more impressed with the quality in the X I just drove... everything was much tighter in terms of interior and exterior issues. The first ones seemed to have a lot of issues, and is the only thing making me reluctant to find a CPO X... that and the fact that previous versions didn't fold flat with respect to seats.

No. I reserved in 2014, but Model X orders opened up only nine months after U.S. in my market and deliveries started around a year after the U.S.

My car was delayed and got built (with AP1) and slated for Q4/2016 delivery, which I then ended up declining after the AP2 announcement and finally took delivery in Q1/2017 of the replacement car.

From the speech, we can expect AP2 to reach AP1 parity by years end roughly.
Then next year they'll work on features they bragged about in 16.
I do not find this situation acceptable. My money was taken (Nov 16) for things that hadn't even been started on. The video they showed of FSD was most likely Mobile eye tech in beta.

Very hard to know what they knew regarding how hard it would be to achieve parity at the time AP2 was released.

I think the real test will be seeing what the EAP feature is that the guy in the speech was promising. He did not seem to be in to overpromising. the dissatisfaction that builds with waiting will not lessen without real progress. Time is a great thickner of things.

We will know in the next few months if they are truly on the right track. We will know by the end of 2018, IMHO, if we were all truly ripped off.

I don't know if anyone who really thought FSD would be available before 2018.

Oddly, the thing that would going make me feel super pissed in a few years is if the car won't be capable of finding the parking spaces like it did in the video once the guy gets out.

I never really thought it was going to be something that will drop me off at the airport and go back home, because of the regulation involved, but it sure as hell better be capable of pulling into my garage once I get home without messing stuff up.

Its amazing to see how Elon managed to deceive everyone (but me).
You have people like @stopcrazypp who pride themselves to appear as someone of great intelligence. Yet he was fooled into believing and later vowing to me that Tesla's Level 5 FSD software will be complete around summer 2018. Its amazing.

Obviously a man who believed that can't be that bright! Now I bet he most likely doesn't believe it anymore.
But its amazing what foolish things people believed just months ago. But now the scales are falling off their eyes and they now see the truth which i have long proclaimed.

People love Elon but i tell you, Love is so evil, you can end up even falling in love with a goat

I finally realized how @Bladerskb sounds in real life, and I had to go back and reread his comments in the right voice.

randysavage.jpg