Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy Birthday AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@buttershrimp IMO you come off as nothing but a bully with comments that single out participants that weren't even in the conversation at the time (e.g. me and the dead inside comment).
I disagree. He is far from a bully - although he is more direct than you are. A bully's goal is coercion and that is definitely not him. He was making an observation but if anyone here tries to influence the direction of conversation - it's not @buttershrimp.

• Disagree
Reactions: Carl and ABC2D
@buttershrimp IMO you come off as nothing but a bully with comments that single out participants that weren't even in the conversation at the time (e.g. me and the dead inside comment).
This is AMAZING. You have the nerve to call one of the forum "funny guys" a bully because he made a harmless passing joke about your unruffled method of debating - and yet you say there is "no place" to call out a member like 182 and ask him to leave - who we just demonstrated insults the moderators, elon and members over and over in the vast majority of his posts.

What's the difference between the two members? 182 is extremely anti-tesla and buttershrimp is not. So to @AnxietyRanger 182 is the unfair target of being asked to leave, yet buttershrimp is a "bully" because he dared to make a seriously harmless, tongue-in-cheek, non-insulting joke about your personality. Isn't that somethin' ...

I disagree. He is far from a bully - although he is more direct than you are. A bully's goal is coercion and that is definitely not him. He was making an observation but if anyone here tries to influence the direction of conversation - it's not @buttershrimp.

This is AMAZING. You have the nerve to call one of the forum "funny guys" a bully because he made a harmless passing joke about your unruffled method of debating - and yet you say there is "no place" to call out a member like 182 and ask him to leave - who we just demonstrated insults the moderators, elon and members over and over in the vast majority of his posts.

What's the difference between the two members? 182 is extremely anti-tesla and buttershrimp is not. So to @AnxietyRanger 182 is the unfair target of being asked to leave, yet buttershrimp is a "bully" because he dared to make a seriously harmless, tongue-in-cheek, non-insulting joke about your personality. Isn't that somethin' ...

Yes. I consider these messages having no other value than making fun of me - and IMO that comes off as bullying. Whether or not that is the intent, I don't know.

I found it hurtful, not harmless, as I said.

Did you just call me a bot? Buttershrimp has feelings too.... do you think I am dead inside like @AnxietyRanger or something?

It's understandable considering the sweet employee discount you will get from Audi.

There are tons of legitimate gripes about me that we can discuss. These were IMO not it.

As for 182, I don't think it's cool to ask anyone to leave - that's not our place as members. I have not looked or read into 182's behavior to judge any particulars.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC2D and Swift
One of the things that led me astray was after
Does anybody know anything about this? Model 3 Owner's Club Twitter claims that automatic lane change was recently quietly released to a select few cars: Model 3 Owners Club on Twitter.

I also am wondering the same. I've not seen it anywhere else and I troll the underground of tesla news pretty closely. To me it smells of fake news.

One of the things that led me astray was after

I also am wondering the same. I've not seen it anywhere else and I troll the underground of tesla news pretty closely. To me it smells of fake news.

Interestingly enough, I just stumbled upon an owner's event in Netherlands posted today where Jon McNeill is asked about the state of AP2. He states that there will "really great progress" to be released through this quarter, and he also admits that the team is currently behind. It's worth hearing his full comments, though he isn't specific at all on what features to expect. Please see the video description for a full summary of the topics discussed during the Q&A. They are all very interesting.

Jump to 16:04 for the start of the Q&A, beginning with the AP2 question.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I just stumbled upon an owner's event in Netherlands posted today where Jon McNeill is asked about the state of AP2. He states that there will "really great progress" to be released through this quarter, and he also admits that the team is currently behind. It's worth hearing his full comments, though he isn't specific at all on what features to expect. Please see the video description for a full summary of the topics discussed during the Q&A. They are all very interesting.

Great find - thank you!!

Reactions: BinaryField

Jump to 16:04 for the start of the Q&A, beginning with the AP2 question.

Another thing from that video that they talk about right after AP2 is battery preconditioning in the winter. From my interpretation you'll be able to schedule it.

So no more driving to work with horrible efficiency and hardly any regen.

Whooohoo.. :)

Reactions: calisnow
Yes. I consider these messages having no other value than making fun of me - and IMO that comes off as bullying. Whether or not that is the intent, I don't know.

I found it hurtful, not harmless, as I said.

Regarding, the "dead inside" comment, of course it's not meant to be literal or serious. And believe it or not, it is not my intent to be a bully, but there has to be some room for caricature and satire and expression of frustration with negative members, just like there must be room to express frustration with optimistic members. I make no apologies to the people who appear to come on the forum impersonating a real member and that is not cool.

It's the same reason why I get pissed about Russia hacking democratic governments, be it Ukraine, Germany, America (or TMC)... there is a whole other level of sinister when someone impersonates people through fake internet accounts and who try to influence things.... Republican and Democrat should be pissed by that... Similarly, the frustrated TMC owners and also the optimistic TMC owners should be angry at people that come on TMC with clearly ulterior motives. I think you should laugh at yourself since from you sprinkle exactly 7.256 grams of negativity in each thread. I don't take issue as much with your negativity. Plenty of that on the forum, which is ok.

I take issue with what I perceive as inauthenticity in a person as intelligent as you are. It's the lack of candor. I find it a bit insulting that you so carefully sow doubt evenly across all threads in a way that doesn't seem authentic.

You are incredibly talented and smart, and can hide your motives by being faux balanced, you certainly contribute and are careful. But don't expect other people to believe that you are being honest. It doesn't ring true. You're next car is going to be an I-pace? I mean, really?

I know what you will say there is no easy way to distinguish between the two possibilities on a forums and that there is no possible threshold that will satisfy me... but that's not true!

There are ways to test how honest people are by inviting them (not necessarily daring them) to tell us something real about themselves and be transparent. I know I run the risk of being reigned in by the mods for having become too paranoid. But I think most people on this thread can see what I really am.... Clearly I get my jollies by attempting to make nerdy comedy on the thread without the shear terror of getting on stage in front of people and telling jokes.... It's both pathetic and kind of awesome.... someone like you should appreciate that contradiction.

Just do me a favor... please don't run off all the other members of the audience because keep quietly farting in the back of the forum and then pointing at Elon.

@AnxietyRanger - I think perhaps we finally encountered a language barrier. To me "dead inside" wrt you implies you are a cold, calculating guy, engaging in argument for a purpose and keeping your cool no matter what. It is more of a compliment than an insult as long as you take it "tongue in cheek." It is interesting of course that the one comment which seems to have affected you personally is the one that implies you have no feelings. So you build the most emotionally authentic response / counterargument possible to that claim - you demonstrate that you have been hurt by the claim. Aside from this instance I've never seen you demonstrate emotion. Perhaps we did not actually encounter a language barrier and you are simply a very, very, veerryyyyy clever man...

• Disagree
Reactions: ABC2D
@buttershrimp (and to an extent @calisnow) A simple "sorry, didn't mean it that way" would have been enough since the first message where I brought up that even I do have emotions and would prefer not to be the butt of jokes. Obviously that was too much to ask. But if you missed it, here's the hope repeated.

It is often the self-appointed funny guy that does not realize when their act has crossed a line. Once more, IMO on a forum is such as this that line usually crossed when your entire message is a joke on another person or persons. Such message has no other value than to insult or lighten the mood by insulting someone. The jokes on this thread were not the first time I noted a line IMO crossed. This was just the first time I really pointed those jokes out.

It should not be hard to see why reducing a response to a one-liner joke on a member is not cool. Making it once more some grand scheme or impersonation, well, I don't know what to say except of course I'm real here and just me. A simple sorry would have been enough and that would have been that long ago. If you doubt me, there is nothing I can do, but please don't make fun of others - just express your doubts constructively if and when you must.

As for the I-Pace, yes I find it a likely candidate to replace one of my ICEs. This is something I've discussed on this forum many times. I'm not intending it to replace my Model X.

Last edited:
So you build the most emotionally authentic response / counterargument possible to that claim - you demonstrate that you have been hurt by the claim.

I let the joke slide the first time. No, it was not funny for me, but I never took it literally. It was when @buttershrimp reduced my reply later in the thread to "employee discounts from Audi" that I called both of those jokes out, because there was forming a pattern of bullying me with "humor".

I get doubts. Sometimes I think you two work for Tesla, because you are such a tag team. I don't really believe that, but it has crossed my mind because you two are so consistent too. It is hard to know on a forum what's what. And that's OK. But if you must express doubts, at least do it in a constructive manner.

Innuendo and insult wrapped in jokes on other people is not cool. I mean, try to make someone the butt of your jokes at a cocktail party (much discussed) and they will probably not like it unless they are a close pal of yours... Maybe they will laugh to be polite, but are hurt inside.