Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardware 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When will we get smart summons back in Hardware 4? Since getting hardware 4 it seems like the FSD had gone back to the second year of FSD from not being in the correct lane to make a proper turn to steering wheel jittering its been that bad. Ive had to take over on un protective left turn where it was creeping up while on coming traffic was near. Not sure if its my cameras that maybe the issue?

When will we get smart summons back in Hardware 4? Since getting hardware 4 it seems like the FSD had gone back to the second year of FSD from not being in the correct lane to make a proper turn to steering wheel jittering its been that bad. Ive had to take over on un protective left turn where it was creeping up while on coming traffic was near. Not sure if its my cameras that maybe the issue?
Those things (outside of Summon) are common on HW3 as well.

Maybe that is why on delivery day that have you signed that you understand that there are no sensor on the car to alleviate responsibility in the future that it maybe a requirement for summons. But on the tesla site it says summons and smart summons auto park included

It will come back when ASS (Actually Smart Summon) is ready.

I’m convinced that the high fidelty auto-park we received over the holidays is the first sneak peak as to how ASS will work.

Old autopark used ultrasonic sensors. These are ok at finding gaps around the car, but they don’t get a huge amount of detail.

Using the new occupancy network approach, they will have much more volumetric detail which will enable maneuvers not possible before.

I think Tesla just needs to improve persistence and accuracy when objects get close.

My best guess is we should have it in a few months, and I think it will be much better than any other system out there.

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
People are forgetting that autopark has been vision for some time now for those with FSD Beta. In the past, when ultrasonics were used, the car needed other cars flanking an empty spot to park, since USS has range limits. Then TV took over and the car could park in any spot, even an empty lot, as long as the painted lines were strong.