Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get your badge yet? You can have mine if you want. Picking it up next weekend.
I did. Already chrome deleted it too.

125C7911-1669-4AF2-997D-A379D180DA44.jpeg

Got appointment to replace my spoiler on Monday. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: hydro 481
I was told my the mobile tech that came to my house for the dual motor performance badge that all the carbon spoilers don't fit well and he recommended holding off until they "upgrade" the parts....has anyone heard this before? The tech is based in rocklin and I'm in sacramento
I'm in Sacramento and that's the exact message I got.... I took delivery in Sep 2018 and still waiting...

I was told my the mobile tech that came to my house for the dual motor performance badge that all the carbon spoilers don't fit well and he recommended holding off until they "upgrade" the parts....has anyone heard this before? The tech is based in rocklin and I'm in sacramento

I'm in Rocklin and heard the exact same thing. In fact, I might be the reason they're telling people that as they tried 4 spoilers on my car a while back and none of them fit well.

I called last week asking if the new parts have come out yet, and they told me that unfortunately they had not but they would call me when they did.

I'm in Rocklin and heard the exact same thing. In fact, I might be the reason they're telling people that as they tried 4 spoilers on my car a while back and none of them fit well.

I called last week asking if the new parts have come out yet, and they told me that unfortunately they had not but they would call me when they did.
Obvious SOME of the existing spoilers fit well, as reported by some of the owners. So it seems like it's more a luck of the draw with the current stock of spoilers.

A two man team came out today to install the spoiler. Immediately after they seated the spoiler I noticed the left corner lifted. The right side was flush. It was lined up correctly according to the jig. I forgot to confirm which part # it was but they did mention it was the revised spoiler. They only brought 1 so we couldn’t test fit another. They’re rescheduling me for another install another day. Disappointing but at least I’m one step closer to getting this elusive spoiler installed.

C3241DEF-7EEB-4FCF-9B5C-B7AD1A54962C.jpeg
D03AEBBA-E852-4C7C-8B79-A088AB7A5FA8.jpeg
16170F0F-ECEF-4478-A970-83401C49B416.jpeg

As I'm waiting for my carbon fiber spoiler, does anyone have a pic of theirs at night time with the tail lights on? Can't help but to imagine a uni-brow face figure on this pearl white model 3 lolll

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.27.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.27.03 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
Obvious SOME of the existing spoilers fit well, as reported by some of the owners. So it seems like it's more a luck of the draw with the current stock of spoilers.

I hear what you are saying and am glad for those that have had a good experience.

I wonder though if some owners are unaware of the potential issue or maybe more tolerant of taking a chance that the spoiler might peel up later?

I told my tech before he showed up that I was particular and that's why he brought 4 spoilers. I was there the whole time watching him and each spoiler when centered had the right corner 1-3mm away from the curve of the trunk. He said that he could just stick it down and hope the 3M tape held, but warned me that he had done that multiple times before and they always pop back up days/weeks later. He also said some techs install the spoiler to the left of center and it helped situate the unit more flush on the right side, but I declined and he agreed and went so far as saying he wouldn't even attempt to schedule installs until an upgraded part was made available.

I'm happier to wait for an upgraded part than chance a spoiler that may need to be removed (and the 3M tape residue taken off) and replaced. For now. ;-)

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
Got it 6 months after delivery.

Btw: For any of you who took the $5k refund, have you ever noticed Tesla forgot to remove your free charging? I’ve heard some are still getting free charging, despite the refund. Also, think Tesla will honor free Supercharging for cars in their Tesla Robo-Taxi program?

B41555C8-022C-44E6-AB83-A47FAE251BF4.jpeg

Reactions: stirgeon
A two man team came out today to install the spoiler. Immediately after they seated the spoiler I noticed the left corner lifted. The right side was flush. It was lined up correctly according to the jig. I forgot to confirm which part # it was but they did mention it was the revised spoiler. They only brought 1 so we couldn’t test fit another. They’re rescheduling me for another install another day. Disappointing but at least I’m one step closer to getting this elusive spoiler installed.

View attachment 399623 View attachment 399624 View attachment 399625

Sorry to hear about that. :-(

I hear what you are saying and am glad for those that have had a good experience.

I wonder though if some owners are unaware of the potential issue or maybe more tolerant of taking a chance that the spoiler might peel up later?

I told my tech before he showed up that I was particular and that's why he brought 4 spoilers. I was there the whole time watching him and each spoiler when centered had the right corner 1-3mm away from the curve of the trunk. He said that he could just stick it down and hope the 3M tape held, but warned me that he had done that multiple times before and they always pop back up days/weeks later. He also said some techs install the spoiler to the left of center and it helped situate the unit more flush on the right side, but I declined and he agreed and went so far as saying he wouldn't even attempt to schedule installs until an upgraded part was made available.

I'm happier to wait for an upgraded part than chance a spoiler that may need to be removed (and the 3M tape residue taken off) and replaced. For now. ;-)
@aspec818 a few posts up said the revised spoiler also did not fit well, so I'm not sure if the revised spoiler is the answer. I just got the 2nd spoiler installed. The middle gap is much better. Will see if the corners lift in a day or two.

Reactions: Skione65