Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone done a full WRAP on their new model S P85 yet? I have...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car got partially wrapped today. I haven't had a chance to clean it yet, but I'm very happy with the results. I've taken some preliminary pictures, but I'll take more once I get a chance to clean it.

The car used to be black and is still wrap. I just did some wrapping on some key parts, basically de-chroming the car. I know that @patp wanted to see the results.

I had the nosecone wrapped in CF vinyl. I had the rear bottom plastic bit (name escapes me right now) CF wrapped. I had the outermost chrome bit of the side mirrors CF wrapped. Then I had the rear Tesla chrome bar black wrapped, the chrome around the windows black wrapped, the door handles black wrapped/covered, and the chrome trim around the nosecone black wrapped.

Here are the pics:

View attachment 21095

What do you guys think?

This is the best Model S I've seen to date!!! Wrap or not.
Absolutely love the black out on this.
I would add just one more thing... smoke / tint your rear brake lights too.

My car got partially wrapped today. I haven't had a chance to clean it yet, but I'm very happy with the results. I've taken some preliminary pictures, but I'll take more once I get a chance to clean it.

The car used to be black and is still wrap. I just did some wrapping on some key parts, basically de-chroming the car. I know that @patp wanted to see the results.

I had the nosecone wrapped in CF vinyl. I had the rear bottom plastic bit (name escapes me right now) CF wrapped. I had the outermost chrome bit of the side mirrors CF wrapped. Then I had the rear Tesla chrome bar black wrapped, the chrome around the windows black wrapped, the door handles black wrapped/covered, and the chrome trim around the nosecone black wrapped.

Classy job.

Here are the pics:

What do you guys think?

Looks very sleek, especially as it is black to start. all black looks sharp!

@Zax123 - Beautiful work, wrapping the chrome accents in black give the car a pretty sleek look all around, especially love the selective accents in CF (my favorite being the nosecone, that is just awesome)...

Why is it OK to paint the brake calipers and not the parking break? They both look like they are made out of the same material, and the both have logos on them (Tesla on the brake caliper, and the T on the parking break)...It would seem like the match anyway, so why wouldn't you paint both of them?
It's purely an aesthetic thing - if you look at Lambos, Ferraris, and I'm gonna guess that PorscheDealer has seen a few Porsches as well, the coloured calipers in the rear tend to be the main 'braking' caliper. The parking brake caliper is left black or dark grey to give the wheel well a bit of a less cluttered look. It is otherwise perfectly OK to paint/powdercoat the parking brake caliper.

@PorscheDealer: Did you have your calipers removed and sent away for painting/powdercoating? Or did they paint them while they were still on the car? Did you get the high-temperature vinyl for your decals as well? The heat from braking will quickly degrade the 'normal' vinyl stuff, I'm looking to have my calipers done & I would recommend anyone else doing so to get the high-temp stuff. The quote I got for just the decals was $10 for a set of 4 normal-vinyl decals and a whole whopping $18 for a set of high-temp decals.

Spurkey or anyone,

Can you direct me to where you got a quote for your high temp decal stickers for the calipers? I'm in the process of looking for a shop to have my calipers painted (red or yellow) and I need to find some decals.

Thanks,

Ken

image.jpg
Matte black on body,black gloss on rims and chrome
image.jpg

Thank You,
The wheels were powder coated and so far the wrap has been very easy to clean and very durable.
If you are considering a wrap make sure you check the installers previous jobs.
I have seen jobs where the seams were placed in noticable areas.
I used Signature Wraps in Oakland Park Fl. and the install was perfect.I see you are in Canada but if you make it to Fl.
my installers name is Mike and his # is 954 292 1298.
Steve

Hey Logan,
I've been on the fence about blacking out the chrome next to the fog lights.The chrome lines up nicely with lines flowing into the fog lights but ive seen photos where they were black and it looked pretty good.I think I'll have them done.
Thanks for the input
Steve

Perfect job - well done!

Would you or anyone else be able to share measurements? I am getting my Tesla mid-October, but would love for the company who wrapped two of our previous cars work and finalize the design before then, so the wrap could be printed and be ready to be installed the day I pick up my MS. (They have all my pictures and graphics.) Having the measurements would cut design hours to a minimum. Thanks!

Ladies and Gentleman...here is my new car...from black to satin white pearl! The chrome pieces were removed and then painted gloss black with a clear coat finish...mirrors and rear diffuser in Carbon Fiber

View attachment 20452View attachment 20453View attachment 20454View attachment 20455View attachment 20456

- - - Updated - - -

And here are a few more close up shots...notice the red brakes now match the red emblems?

View attachment 20457View attachment 20458View attachment 20459View attachment 20460View attachment 20461View attachment 20462View attachment 20463View attachment 20464View attachment 20465
As Elon would say, very "S3XY"!

I am a new Tesla Model X Owner. I am thinking of wrapping my Tesla Model X in Matte Grey with Acid Green Brake Calipers... Similar to this Tesla. What do you think?

Attachments

• Matte Black Tesla X.jpg
    Matte Black Tesla X.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Matte Black Tesla X (25).jpg
    Matte Black Tesla X (25).jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Matte Black Tesla X (28).jpg
    Matte Black Tesla X (28).jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator: