Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an "update" on "MyTesla." I've been moved from "March or early April" to "May or early June." I'm crushed.

When I bought my Model S in Georgia, it was a 'Factory' purchase because of deanship laws. At the that time, I also had an unexpected extension of delivery date, like yours. Contact your DS if you have one. In not contact Fremont or a local Sales location. In my case there was an error that did actually add 3 weeks to my delivery date. My DS got things changed -- that was really important to me because I had "sold" my trade in to the Tesla system two days before my sudden delivery date change - I just decided to go with Uber for a week. I actually got my a couple of days before the original delivery date. Tesla does try.

Finally in this area - Purchase from a dealer is very different from purchase of a Tesla. Tesla does not have dealers and the laws are different. It has been almost 3 years, but as I recall my payment choices #1 Wire transfer 48 hours before pickup, #2 Personal check delivered to Fremont 10 days before pickup or #3 Cashiers check sent by Fedex overnight arriving the day before pickup. When I got my car it has a California Title and temp California "plates" -

Confirmed the hold has been released - at least in Texas, and we'll be taking delivery this afternoon.

Also confirmed Tesla would prefer payment to be made before we arrive at the Service Center, because Tesla is not a dealership and can't sell us a car from their Texas locations.

At least this time, I've seen the car, unlike 4 years ago when I paid for the car before it left the factory...
Any news, or pictures?

Our S 100D is ...

wait for it ...

in our garage!

I can confirm - the delivery hold has been released - at least in Texas, and it appears we were the first 100D delivered in Texas.

Great to see the car sitting at 90% charge - with 307 MILES!!!

AP 2 software needs work - more entertaining than useful at this point - but a big improvement over what I had in our 2012 S P85 - which didn't have any TACC or AP!

For those 100D customers in states that still have the delivery hold, I can empathize with your continuing hostage crisis...

Our S 100D is ...

wait for it ...

in our garage!

I can confirm - the delivery hold has been released - at least in Texas, and it appears we were the first 100D delivered in Texas.

AP 2 software needs work - more entertaining than useful at this point - but a big improvement over what I had in our 2012 S P85 - which didn't have any TACC or AP!

For those 100D customers in states that still have the delivery hold, I can empathize with your continuing hostage crisis...
Congrats! You are the first around here. At 90% that is great range. We would love to see a pic :rolleyes:

My math might be rusty, but using the 2016 EPA results for the 90D/P90D and seeing what the P100D is. I am getting an 8.16% loss in range for the P90D Vs. the 90D.

If you carried over the same loss and compared the P100D/100D you would end up with the 100D getting ~340.65 mile range.... Whether that holds true or not is another story. I have no idea and I know that comparing the 90D/P90D to the 100D/P100D isn't accurate, but that's my guess.

So my guess is 340.65, lets round down to an even 340!

Thanks Erik

UGH! I rounded down... Based on 307 miles @ 90%, That would be roughly 341 miles of range.. I should have rounded up! But I do love it when numbers come together and work.

Anyway, CONGRATS! Now lets see some pics! What software version? Any battery pics? Anything on the dash that would be indicative of a HUD? Very excited for you!

Thanks Erik

The software version is disappointing - running 17.7.2 - which has been out for a few weeks. Since the car was sitting at the Service Center for 3 weeks, had hoped they were keeping it up-to-date on the firmware.

As far as pictures, it looks the same as any other refresh red S on the outside, except it says "100D".

On the inside, we have the new storm trooper interior - with the ultra white seats and CF trim. Very striking.

I am disappointed in the carpet mats. The quality is about what Tesla had with the factory mats 4 years ago, except then Tesla offered upgraded carpet mats in their online store. Now, all they offer is the rubber mats - and no carpet mat for the rear trunk area.

At least for now, I've moved the rear trunk mat from our S P85 - and we'll use that in the 100D. And I'll keep researching carpet mat options - and may purchase a set of upgraded black carpet mats for the front/rear seats and the rear trunk. The new frunk is so much smaller, that it's not worth covering, neither it the rear storage well.