Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone repaired cooling louvers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found some more errors:

IMG_3123.jpeg

I dont understand what is going on :/

Hi! Can you post the link for the actuators? and when they arrive, post some feedback? thanks PS. what´s the part number for them?
cheers
There is no Tesla part number, seems done by an oem that des these actutors for multiple car manufacturers.
Waiting for the Aliexpress vendor to confirm the part is staying in his store for others to be ordered. Will post the link as soon as I get this from him (probably tonight).

No, it was there earlier I just forgot to post it.
I did a short SuC session earlier and battery temp rised to 42 when the cooling kicked in and worked fine.
A fellow model S parked in next spot and as soon as the owner plugges the car, louvers would open. Mine were shut closed.

I do remember reading here that the central one is for the battery/powertrain and sides are for A/C. Maybe thats why the battery temps are fine…but also the cabin A/C works fine…just the radiator fans can be quite loud on heavy load

Last edited:
@ResHacker Looking forward it!

update:
Did a test SuC today where temps of cells raised above 40 and cooling kicked in. Side louvers closed, but seems with no effect on the batt colling as the a/c kicked in and I saw ~1.5kw power usage for cooling.

Found a usefull site: Thermal Management
Very informative, this part:

11. AC condenser. Required to cool down refrigerant. Does have a fan. Fan speed indicated in percents. There are two condensers each having a 12V fan. Are between fog lights and front wheel arches. Air enters through louvers and exits to the wheel arc. Louvers can be closed for better drag coefficient.

So left/right louvers are for condensers for cooling down refrigerant, my situation seems safe for battery and I currently have no reason to not drive/SuC the car.
Does anybody know what is the "safe" temperature for the refrigerant, I've seen temps go up to over 100 when I tested cabin cooling and A/C really kicked in hard - usage was 2.4kw.

I am going throw scematics now to locate the RCCA module as I plan to check wiring, maybe something is loose, then do a F22 reset as stated in the manual when replacing the side louvers - interesting there is no "disconnect 12V battery" when doing so...

Reactions: ResHacker
Well, I believe the AC is working and it's powerful enough for battery+interior cooling but as the side louvers are closed the fans have to run at full speed which is otherwise not necessary.

And to my progress, I was able to run the update but after the fw file is downloaded the progress bar jumps back to +-50% and is stucked there.. Have asked the guy who has invented this downgrade process ;) Hoped it would be easier though...

Ok, try the F22 reset, I'm curious..

F22 did not help for me. As soon as I plugged it back, errors are back.
But battery temp while SuC at outside temp of 36 was under control and did not raise above 45. TMS was working at 6kw at peak power…wow.
Looking forward your results/readings with toolbox…

Ps, RCCM is somewhere “inside” the dash, pia to reach…