Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has DAB disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I going crazy or has DAB disappeared from my model 3. I pay for premium connectivity.

I can see no reference to DAB. When playing a radio station it says FM not DAB.

Also if I reboot the car the radio plays immediately even without data connectivity.

I’m sure DAB was annotated previously.

Attachments

• C20AF4FA-260B-4640-8A75-E448F1E91AFA.jpeg
    C20AF4FA-260B-4640-8A75-E448F1E91AFA.jpeg
    682.9 KB · Views: 427
Is DAB a separate source from FM? Not near enough to the car to check, but perhaps that source has been turned off under settings:

• Sources: Displays all available media sources and allows you to choose whether you want to show or hide each source. You may want to hide media sources that you never use. Once hidden, the media source does not appear on the drop down list in Media Player, nor will it appear in the app tray when you touch the App Launcher. You can re-display a hidden media source at any time by returning to this settings screen.

Is DAB a separate source from FM? Not near enough to the car to check, but perhaps that source has been turned off under settings:
Options are only radio. Not radio/DAB
Absolute 80s (and a lot of their other specific ones) is DAB only.
Yea played that. Still shows FM when playing. Maybe it’s a bug or static-by-design graphic that displays “FM”

Reactions: init6
FM does have text data (RDS), but what’s broadcast is usually less than on DAB and very station dependent.

Visibility of radio source is terribly obscure on the Tesla UI and it will swap to DAB if you’re listening to an FM station also being broadcast on DAB.

I checked mine this morning as I was sure I had seen DAB recently.

I get the FM symbol next to station name, which I guess they just use to generically indicate radio, but a DAD indication along with signal strength.

1658850164605.png

(My screen needs a good clean!)

Reactions: Adopado
I'm still on 12.3.6 and it seems as though the big Icon is different on the OP's. The FM icon next to the station name is just the icon for Radio as can be seen at the bottom of this screen grab
What software version are folks on?

Attachments

• dab.jpg
    dab.jpg
    731.5 KB · Views: 104